Reviews for Small Blessings
NiceSlytherin chapter 3 . 3/31
So cute! I like how you write the characters... They have definitely matured yet have the same aura in a way that totally works! Thank you for this, it's beautiful
Miss-Statement chapter 3 . 7/16/2014
Just read this today and had to compliment you on this fic; no matter that it was written a few years ago.

There's something about this in your writing style that seems to completely obtain the wispy dreaminess that is Luna. There's a longing in this fic set in the tone that makes even us long for that love. I have to congratulate you for being able to write like this when so few can- many would confuse the kind of style and tone that you have set here as being accomplished through angst- while there is no denying that there is what could be compared to an "aftertaste" of angst in this fic, it's moreover that lukewarm longing for love than the devastation we know happened before the setting of this story that draws us in.

In truth, Hermione seems a little OOC but perhaps that's to be expected.

Time heals all wounds; maybe she needs a little more time.

I doubt you're going to update this fic or even if you're on the sight still, but regardless I needed to let you know I loved this.

Nice job.
FiveNyang chapter 3 . 8/13/2013
i wish you could finish this someday.
elessar007 chapter 3 . 2/4/2013
Well it seems that this story has been put on hiatus. I will make my comments despite, on the off chance you someday return to this story.

I thought it was a rather touching approach to the time frame after the war. It was eerily reminiscent to how I felt at a certain time in the past when a tragedy took place, a tragedy affecting a vast segment of the population. I don't want to get into specifics because some may see it as a trivialization of something that is very serious. I only mention it in order to tell you that your writing has the ability to strike a deep emotional chord.

Your writing style is quite evocative, producing mental images with such detail yet not relying on the text itself for description. Its almost like an inbalance between the amount of words you use in relation to the level of detail in the prose engenders. I hope that makes some sort of sense. It is quite a gift to be able to say so much by saying so little.

The ability to find each other thru meditation is intriguing. It seems like a variation of remote viewing combined with astral projection. Curious to know whether you see Luna and Hermione's abilities to do so as something born of their magic or is it something that exists in the Muggle world as well. Perhaps it is a fusion of aspects both Muggle and Magic.

Hope to see that someday you return to this work and thank you for sharing it to begin with.
Dara Nitz chapter 3 . 11/24/2010
This is absolutely lovely! Please, do continue this... it's a quite nice read. :)
greenbeans chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
is another installment happening any time soon? c'mon SOMETHING ANYTHING would suffice.

we eagerly await pt. 4!
Spectrum24 chapter 3 . 10/14/2010
This is really beautiful. It's a very 'quiet' story, yet it's powerful and intense at the same time. I hope to read more of it in the future.
sufjan stevens chapter 3 . 9/27/2010
I hope you haven't abandoned this! WRITE A NEW CHAPTER! PLEASE IT'S SO NICE!
Rahel chapter 3 . 9/24/2010
I love your story, very poetic and sincere, resonant.
Rahel chapter 3 . 9/24/2010
I love your story, very poetic and sincere, resonant.
Baruma chapter 3 . 9/7/2010
I have to admit, I am rather fond of your writing style (though that just may be because it is similar to my own in some ways.)

The format of the story is very good at expressing the poignancy of each section, showing just enough of their fears and desperation, while then showing the bright side of their love. It makes you want very much for them to meet, for them both to heal from the war. I especially liked when Luna decided to cut her hair similar to Hermione's to show her support and love.

One thing though, I didn't think saying air con really was appropriate. I think saying air conditioner or even AC would have been better. Maybe even central air.

A very sweet story though!

Badissssss chapter 3 . 8/27/2010
I'm really enjoying this story. Although this chapter was a little shorter than the others, you're doing a great job of capturing both characters. Despite the odd paring (and by odd I mean slightly unrealistic, though I hate to admit it, in the Harry Potter universe) there's a really really sweet and sincere quality to the writing which makes for a lovely read. Thanks again. Keep at it! I really can't wait to see where this is going. :)
lalaclairi chapter 3 . 8/21/2010
Wow...oh my gosh, this story is so beautiful and breathtaking...I remember reading this before && when I saw you had expanded on it I knew I just had to read; I usually wait until a story is finished to add it too my favorites list, but this is just...just too good. :D :) :O (That's only because I couldn't decide on which smiley face to give you).
alix33 chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
"Luna likes talking to Neville the most, because there's something so delightfully familiar about this clumsy, nervous, forgetful boy who has turned into a warrior almost all at once. When she looks at him, she thinks he is a work of art. This war brought many bad things, but some small blessings – one of them being the transformation of Neville Longbottom into the commander of a great army, the one who roused the rebel yell of Dumbledore's Army at Hogwarts…someone Luna has the good fortune to call her friend." - AW!

"How have you been, Luna?" His question comes suddenly, and Luna gives him a dazzling smile. "I've been great, Neville. Hermione and I are friends now!" Neville studies her face for a while, and smiles at what he knows is to come – that is, if Hermione decides to allow it." - AW!

"The water is not as deep as usual because there are draughts across the wizarding community," - Did you mean to write "droughts", as in a period when there is not enough rain and thus water?
Searching-For-My-Reason chapter 3 . 8/19/2010
I was so excited, gosh I love your updates!