Reviews for The Addleton Tragedy & the Ancient British Barrow
PSW chapter 15 . 3/26
Good story! Thanks for writing... :-)
PSW chapter 3 . 3/26
Yay! Watson gets to use this medical knowledge to add to the investigation! I always like that...
mexicana chapter 15 . 3/7
extraordinary!
Play-Your-Song chapter 15 . 2/15
I don't remember if I commented on this or not, but this has been one of my all-time top favorite fics ever! You did an excellent job making Addleton come to life (and it was a horrifying!) I like that the story was creepy, but laced with subtle humor, like Mrs. Lacey wanting her best table cloth back. Perry is a great character, and I liked how it introduced more info about Holmes' family. The Watson and Holmes dynamic was perfect, and I loved how it came together in the end. Great work!
tripleransom chapter 4 . 2/15/2014
Heh. Your description of the old lady's cauliflower wine and its effects on our heroes made me giggle uncontrollably.

You are working up a powerful mystery here
Sailor Pandabear chapter 15 . 9/6/2012
nice. sometimes. truth is strange.
minna.bird chapter 15 . 3/29/2011
As usual, I can only marvel at how wonderful this story was. Before now, I think I'd only read your series of stories about Holmes' early cases, but this case with Watson and Holmes is just as good, if not better. All I seem to be able to do with these is gush about how much I enjoyed them. And I'm probably off to start on another of these. They're so darn addictive. xD
smiles chapter 2 . 12/9/2010
story request? prompt - irene addler meets miles holmes. sparks, romance in the air? she has met sherlock before and outwitted him then.
Agent ERA chapter 15 . 7/9/2010
One of the most brilliant Sherlock Holmes stories on this site I have ever read! You had me riveted throughout the thing. The plot was wonderfully constructed and kept closely to the original canon. Doyle would've been pleased, I'd wager. I also do enjoy a bit of hostage!Watson and when somebody from his pasts tries to kill him. I trust there is another story with Peregrine?

Brilliant story! *faves*
Redmage2 chapter 15 . 6/24/2010
Your stories are absolutely fantastic. This was such a great adventure, and it truly reads like an original, Doyle-written Holmes case. I loved every second of it.
batfan chapter 15 . 5/5/2010
Wow, I did not think it would be inspector Rose who committed the murders. For once, I didn't really have a suspect in mind.

That drowning scene was painful to read - in a good way.

Cool anecdote about Bronze Age warriors actually having been scene in the countryside.
Saudade Florentina chapter 15 . 3/26/2010
Lovely as always! You kept a perfect balance of excitment and suspense .
Socrates399 chapter 4 . 2/24/2010
So, you may know this, but "adl" is the Old English world for illness, sickness, etc. which fits BEAUTIFULLY with your description of Addleton.

And then,

Does Henry Moncrieff have a younger brother, Algernon?

Might Holmes and Watson ever come to blows over muffins and cucumber sandwiches?
Socrates399 chapter 2 . 2/24/2010
I am very tickled by the idea that Holmes has an Aunt Augusta!

I think a Sherlock Holmes/The Importance of Being Earnest crossover would be very very amusing.
Mariagoner chapter 15 . 12/28/2009
As wonderfully plotted as always, and I do love meeting more of Holmes' family.

If you're interested, I'd also eventually love to read a story about Watson's life immediately after his wife dies. Seeing him and Holmes adjust to that would be, I think, most interesting!