Reviews for Teaching the Teacher
Kairikiani chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
Cute. I don't think they're OOC. Of course, I haven't played Symphonia in ages, but still, I liked it.
Regal Bryant Lover chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
Poor Regal. He hets his hands burnt. And WHY is Raine not healing them for him? Like this is my husban your witing about here, I can't have him come back from a story you've writen all destroed, now can I? But on the other hand, LOL!
Lil-Samuu chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
It's nice to see Raine's perspective on her lack of cooking skills for a change, and nice to see that she wants to be able to do her share of the task too.

I loved the line about not feeding her cooking to Noishe, that's great. :) And it's nice to see Regal getting a chance to share his love of cooking, even if Raine's not the most, uh, gracious of pupils. :)
noctepanther chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
I didn't find Raine to be in character. Regal, I believe, was fine, but not Raine. She seemed as if she was too sadistic. I believe this is most obvious when she takes pleasure in watching Regal squirm - I can't think of any reference in the game that would link that character trait to her.

Point One: How exactly does Regal grab the burning pan? His hand are shackled. I think I know how you visualized the scene, but I didn't see it enacted in the writing. That area could use some clearing up. This becomes an issue again at the end, where he is throwing ingredients around.

Point Two: I think that this fanfiction would greatly benefit from having direct access to Raine's thoughts. Example: Instead of having "Yes, she thought...She should be out there...," write "Yes," she thought, " I should be out there." This gives the reader a direct connection with the character, thus strengthening the story.

Point Three: More description, please! I had no idea what this scene even looked like. What were some of the smells? Was it a crisp, cold night, or a hot one? The littlest details can have the biggest impact.
That One Condition chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
lol I loved the bit about Zelos' ego
Story Weaver1 chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
lol, loved the crack about Zelos' ego.

The concpet is great, I can just picture Regal being a backseat cook. It's a nice change from his angst!
Forced Simile chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
Raine and Regal are my favorite characters for the simple reason that they are the only two adults in the entire party. It is my personal opinion that their friendship was much deeper than many expect. I mean, you can only enjoy talking to children for so long before you need someone your own age to talk to. So I think Raine and Regal talked to each other a lot, or at least gave each other stressed out glances while giving a listening ear to their younger companions.

They can both teach each other something. Funny, I had completely forgotten about Regal's cooking skills (but I cannot forget about Raine's cooking, especially the spicey cake. It could in theory work if you could properly mix some cayanne pepper into a chocolate cake. I make spicey hot chocolate all the time!)

I don't think they're OOC at all. In fact, Regal probably is a lot more passionate about cooking than he really wants to let on. Really, how can people not love this couple?

Oh...I may have an LJ rant in the works...expect it in the next forty eight hours.