Reviews for After The Rain
blandiver chapter 1 . 10/15/2014
I'm in love with your story's. Thank you for such a great fiction! Will you do another one? Maybe about Emma and her powers? And more Robbie and David, I love the way you write them! Congrats!
Keira-House M.D chapter 19 . 1/16/2013
Before this series I never really considered a serious LazyTown fanfiction, especially since its a children's show with all but three of the characters as puppets. I'm still sort of disturbed by the whole idea, especially since I remember watching LazyTown as a cheery children's show with younger relatives. Yet this series has been really good, and its an interesting look at the characters. Stephanie is definitely my favourite, but Robbie is certainly a close second and you just gave him, and the whole universe, such a huge background. I am rather disturbed that I've enjoyed reading this so much, but I have, and I'm very glad its here.
Sexy Ninja Muffin chapter 20 . 3/27/2012
Once again, amazing. I read this over a period of about a week so it's had a lot of time to soak into me.

I honestly never would have guessed what James was doing nor how it would turn out. Truly a very dark tale and yet there was light at the end of the tunnel. I can't lie, it was difficult for me to read at times. I don't normally do the drama subject but I'm glad I did. My heart sank when James met his end, mostly for Molly though. I felt sadness but then relief, she'd be safe now.

I'm also glad you chose to write about what you did. Any Mother would feel heart break reading through Molly's tragedy, as mine did. But we cannot just sweep things like this under the rug, can we? I think we choose to ignore horrible things because they do not directly affect us. But I hope that upon reading this people will think a little more about the things going on around them.

It would be silly to think one story will change the world as it likely won't but one does not conquer a sky scraper with one leap.

You brought tears to my eyes, filled me up with joy, made me laugh and had my heart pounding in anticipation. You, Kitty, are amazing. Never stop writing. And never stop believing you can make a difference.
Kiki Aries chapter 20 . 8/2/2011
I loved it, I didnt want to review ntil I read ALL of them, and yes in order. I loved it I was on edge and I was playing the mystery game 'Who is James in Bed With?'

I wanted to smack Trixie a few times. Give poor Ziggy and Pixle a hug. Shae Robbie's hand (as well as smack him around about David) and I genuinly felt each of the issues the other was dealing with.

This actually made it so vivid in my mind that I would of LOVED to see it in animation.

Great work!

Kikiaries.
lemmulhia chapter 20 . 11/5/2010
I have never written a review before. In fact, it is rarely that I read a fan fiction in its entirety. But I have read this one from start to finish in almost one sitting and I have only one word to describe it: excellent. Although it was a very difficult and dark topic, I think it was artfully handled. I also enjoyed how the characters remained true to their natures (as seen in the TV show), but their personalities were explored and developed in a deeper sense. I am looking forward to reading more of your work.
LizzySkellington chapter 20 . 8/20/2010
I have read this story from begining to end and I have enjoyed it. Great job. Will you be writing another. Like one 10 years from when it ends? That would be lovely.
wist-nz chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
Well, well, well. Where to begin.

First of, this is a brilliantly written and cunningly planned story. It really does achieve what I was hoping it would - a decent enough closure for all the characters.

I was expecting the story initially to end up being a commentary on Marriage and Monogamy, and I was deathly scared you'd go down the "Finding Mr. Right and keeping him is a woman's purpose" route. (I'm a sociology student. Forgive me.) Thankfully Stephanie had a more active role. I expected that James was going to be your Deus Ex Machina to come down and expose their ideologies, (which in a way he did) but by chapter 14 you'd taken the story in a completely different direction.

I think you handled those distressing issues well, and I'm particularly glad you showed James's internal monolouge at the end to expose how he justified his own actions. I'm still not too sure if I agree with Robbie's final assessment of him however.

I'll admit I was frustrated you never let Steph go completely off the rails, but I'm happy with the way she was characterised overall. The other characters were also well done for the most part. I'm glad we got to see more of what Ziggy was up to, and that Pixel finally found someone, and most of all, that Pixie and Stingy are at peace with each other. (Or as at peace as those two can possibly be.) It's a shame Sportacus remained so... Pathologically monogamous... I would have loved to see him get in some real trouble emotionally, but I guess he did have a decent emotional climax.

Everything else I was absolutely happy with. I read the story with great anticipation and was certainly satisfied when the last lines rolled around.

A sincere thank you for creating a rapturous story in a world that needed one told about it!
ms hearse chapter 20 . 6/19/2009
Are there really words? I ask you: can words really truly describe the genius that is this story? I can't say I didn't see any of it coming because I would be lying, but the manner in which it played out was beautifully designed. You have this ability to climb into each character's skin and represent them so perfectly, removing the sugarcoating of a child's hometown to reveal its true nature. Brilliant. And I seriously cannot give enough praise for your rendition of Robbie! My word. The man has never had such a large, comfy (orange?) place in my heart as he does now. My only regrets at reading this story is that I didn't read it earlier.
NO LONGER IN USE GO AWAY chapter 20 . 3/9/2009
I'm seriously in love with this series!

"Sportacus looked at him and raised his eyebrows, but said nothing.

“Do you think the town is going to be over-run with…with kidnappers?” asked Milford.

“No, I really don’t think so,” replied Sportacus, trying not to laugh.

“But he did say…”"

I just keep thinking the line in Common People

I said "Pretend you've got no money."/But she just laughed an said "Oh you're so funny."/I said "Yeah?/Well I can't see anyone else smiling in here

I'm not entirely sure that was the effect but hey... LT and Jarvis Cocker can live together in perfect harmony right?

and something I haven't mentioned anywhere else... James Thornton, I love him in Angels and I love him here :)

Nice work
thoughtdreamer chapter 19 . 9/12/2008
Oh, it's over...

But that's so the right ending - Robbie being free, Stingy and Trixie finally together, and all the ends tied up.

Only thing I don't get it Molly's reaction ("my father loved me") but I guess it's just one of the things I never will...

Great story, and thanks for crediting at the end :)
MASC chapter 20 . 9/7/2008
Ah, well.. you know how it is. Even in the darkest and gloomiest situations, the funny guy always makes it through to the end. You truly are the Queen Of Happy Endings. :)

...And I can see Melissa & I both had a hand in your playlist. ;)
MASC chapter 19 . 9/7/2008
Wow. I mean... WOW. You've done it again, Kitten!

Not only did you provide a plethora of surprises and happy endings for our beloved characters, you managed to tie up all the loose ends and still leave me wanting for more.

Although I kind of wanted to see what happened with Ziggy & Marie but this chapter is fine as it is. Another great ending to another great story. And I thank you for that. :)
MASC chapter 18 . 9/7/2008
YES! I knew you had it in you! YES! YES! YES! WHOO-FREAKIN'-HOO!

And he framed the thing? He would, wouldn't he! Excellent turn of events. My mind is now at ease.

To be honest, I was starting to hate McLaughlin after he interrogated Stingy but after reading that last bit, my faith has been restored. :)

And I love Trixie & Stingy FINALLY getting hitched after so long and after all they've been through. And now Pixel's got himself a sugar mama!

Poor Molly, though. I'm off to find out what happens next!
Purple Cyphers chapter 20 . 9/6/2008
wow... truly, i don't deserve such an honour... but i'll take it anyway.

and i claim full responsibility on the song for Chapter Seventeen, at least.

drat my one shot inspirations, although i don't think i will mind them much anymore...
Purple Cyphers chapter 19 . 9/6/2008
even though this was open ended, it's open more to the reader to imagine than anything.

wonderful ending! love how to close almost window, including the front door.
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »