Reviews for It's the End of The World As We Know It
machievelli chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
Posted 6 July 2013, at the Starwarsknights web site and the Lucasforums Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. I was posting directly to the actual story threads, but my computer went down for the second time in six months with a virus in June of 2012. Then in November kotorfanmedia went down for reasons unknown, so I was stymied in my attempts to post the reviews. I had waited for it to revive, but you on fanfiction deserve your reviews.

Some of the work I read is what I consider worthy of a professional. These are marked as Picks of the Week. While they are posted on Starwarsknights I am adding the best of the week where applicable.

TSL on Malachor V: Two abandoned survivors of the climactic battle make their peace

The piece is like all of Trilli4210's work. Nice neat, sweet with just a taste of bitter regret. The two who cling to each other in the end are at peace at last.

Pick of the Week Best of the Week
yuuka-hanamaya chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
I cried. I can't believe I cried. Well, of course I can. A beautiful work of art like this would of course make even the toughest of people cry; or at the very least feel sorrow.

The softest depiction of what happens after you die, in the world of Star Wars, made me feel empty inside. Truly, utterly, empty. It was an interesting feeling to think about and explore. This shines a new light on the world of KotOR.
I am no longer available chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Sweet and sad.
Athena chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
This is magnificent. I really don't have words to describe it-it's almost bittersweet, but at the same time there's such a sense of peace throughout the story that I can't use that descriptor. Whatever the proper words are, this is an absolutely beautiful piece of writing.
Auros Sopherai chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
How did I miss this gem! Needless to say, I adored it. I loved the beginning in which you perfectly captured the subtle way that Malachor itself is a living character. I loved the brevity of the whole thing. I'm smiling at myself because I know about your love of Bao-Dur, and I think you made Mira into a good partner for him. I love the way when every pretense and facade is gone, you show them just being people. Such a peaceful drift into an end. What a happy and at the same time sad ending. I expect nothing less than beauty from you Trillian, and I am never disappointed.
Snooze Button chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
Oh, that was a fantastic read. I thoroughly enjoyed it, very good writing. Haha, in Kotor II, Bao-Dur and Mira are currently my faves. . . . (HK-47 was just the funniest .
Beautiful Wednesday chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
The unsatisfactory conclusion of Kotor II (The Sith Something-or-other, as my best friend renamed it) leaves us wondering about so many things and prominent amongst them are the fates of Mira and Bao-Dur. Your answer to their stories is-though not the end I would choose for them-sensitively written and entirely believable. (I said I would not choose it, not that I do not suspect that Malachor V was to have been the end of Bao-Dur, at the very least) Thank you for sharing this lovely little excavation with us!
greengrass1914 chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
Hi there. I was surprised to see this in my inbox, but I was glad to read it. This piece has a lot of atmosphere-Malachor is really a character in its own right. I like how you took the weakness of this part of K2's plot and turned it into a strength by making all the disjointed weirdness in the endgame part of Malachor's power. Why is Hanharr there? Who knows, but the fact that Mira doesn't care makes it haunting rather than just unlikely.

I also like that the Exile's mission is so. . .irrelevant to Mira and Bao. They came to Malachor for their own purposes, to fight their own demons, and whether the Exile beats Kreia doesn't affect the closure of their stories. The rest of the title ("and I feel fine") is a clever reflection of how Mira and Bao resolve their personal battles.

It's always fun to find old stuff on your computer that isn't terrible. I liked this one.
PadawanMage chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
Beautiful.

And here I was wondering the night before if any of my old 'fic friends' had anything coming out.

If you have anything else, please post!
Lilliwyn chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
This was beautiful. I loved how you explored Bao-Dur and Mira's emotions before they died. Great job. :)
Sarcasm Turtle chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
Wow, that was... wonderful. It was so touching and I really loved it. Thank you for unearthing this! lol :)
qt3.14159 chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
Gorgeous, as always. You paint such lovely pictures... even when they're about death...

"Maybe a small sound, like a click, reverberates in some stony cavern—hardly audible—but creating a cacophony enough that the entire universe will soon hear and know."

Wow. Something about that line just... resonates... lol... really great stuff!