Reviews for Any Way You Want It
Happymeday chapter 41 . 7/17
Alright, time to review this sucker. Lemme tell you, this is one LONG ass fic. Like jesus it took me the better part of two days to finish it (but, well, with sleep breaks, coffee breaks, and annoying "come help us with the groceries!" breaks) and now I'm going through it again when I realized I hadn't reviewed yet!
To be honest, I danced around the decision of reading this or not for a bit, since I don't really care for the 80's or 70's (though I do love me some 90's) and imagining the crew in 80's fashion,,,kind of made me die inside, a little. So long as I can remain in denial that Kanda's hair is the exact same here as it is in the manga, though, I will be fine. Anyways, I was running out of potential good completed fics, and decided to delve into the incomplete ones, despite the pain that typically gives once you reach the 41st chapter and realize it hasn't updated in four years (egad) but I digress
It was an iffy theme...but one worth at least reading the first chapter of, yes? And lemme tell you, that was a fuckin' TRIP. I felt like I got smacked backwards and was thrown into the land of America pre-computers and decent CDs (which is funny, considering I grew up in the age where we transitioned from casette players, to cd players, to the mp3/ipod hybdrid things)
I know some people use fanfiction as a means to get better at English, so I truly feel sorry for those who decided to read this fic with that thought in mind. Probably blew their minds when you threw all that slang and lingo out there, poor darlings. Even /I/, born and raised American, could not handle all that was said and done haha I would ask my mom, who grew up as a teen then, but then would come the question of what the fuck I was reading to demand all those words and, well, I'm not quite prepared to tell me mum the truth P:
Seriously though, this fic is absolutely amazing! Both you and Emiggax have clearly put in so much time and love into this fic! I really admire Emi for all the research she must've done to get something as thorough as this! And your writing, too, is spot-on fuckin' hilarious! You've got a great talent for making conversations flow. I nearly cracked a lung and bust a gut laughing at what you've written before, and mind you this would be at 4am where I should NOT be cracking or busting any organs aloud that late.
I could not, even at gunpoint, tell you what my favorite scene is. There're too many. Any where Allen notices people looking at his ass, for one, are up there. Most Tyki Mikk scenes cuz God knows I love me some latino-Noah. Wait, shit, is he from brazil or portugal though... I always assumed Brazil cause of his coloring but is he from Portugal? Regardless, you get my gist, yeah?
Scenes where Kanda is Too Gay, and Lavi is Shamelessly Gay, are great, too. Timcampy biting the shit out of Kanda made me cackle, and the one where Link got pathetically manipulated by Allen's too sexy-for-his-own-good looks is funny as well.
Also, on my second read-through (I think I'm on chapter 7 right now...idk, I read fanfiction on my phone since's its easier to scroll through, and I'm on my laptop now to review), I finally looked up the song Ty- er, Mikky first sang to Allen in the back of Krory's store when they gambled. And, uh, I feel for Allen, there. I'd be fucking dead inside if some hot ass Portuguese man started singing TO me, looking straight AT ME, and singing THAT particular song... no mercy for Allen... (and Tyki is Shamelessly Gay, too, which is awesome)
Despite the...strange premise, this fic is absolutely amazing! It deserves all the reviews it has, and more! I never though a DGM fic set in an 80's New Wave band would've been this awesome, but you and Emi have proven me dead wrong. I can't wait until you update! (- me, hoping that you will)
This got a bit long, but lots of thanks for writing and preparing for this fic, you two! I also think it's pretty cool y'all worked together on this. I'm a one-man band on my fics, and I can't imagine handing the reins over for any part of making a fic. So, kudos to you two, for making it this far and making it this awesome! - Nea
Acriz Caazi chapter 4 . 7/11
I've been thinking really hard about this and I've finally decided. What would you think if, with your permission, of course, I made this fanfic into a comic? I wonder if anyone's done that, yet.
You can contact me at my gmail if you're game. I know it's unfinished and may just be forever (sob), but I'd still like to do this for you (/ )/ ~
Sadistic Yaoi Queen chapter 41 . 6/28
Is there ever gonna be a part where Kanda & Allen get together then after some time fuck or what
kaza my guy im rereading this for like... the ~15th time since 2009 and lmao this is still the best fic
This Fic was super great and I loved reading it so much!
i can't say how many times ive read this awaiting your return. but it seems as though the chapters change every damn time, how are you here, but not here? Why are you not here? COME BACCKKM
Reality Slap chapter 1 . 4/4
LOL I remember reading this story -like- 6 years ago xD Still an all time favorite! It's good I found this one again! I'm gonna re-read it!
I was wrong..but I've tried :)
It's sooooo late to guess... But I will anyway :)
(I've just started reading this)
I think it's a) Cross
Because he didn't want Allen to go to the battle of the bands, cause he was going to be one of the judges. And cross didn't want Allen to know that.(maybe cause it will be to emberissing)
Wintr chapter 41 . 3/8
This story is f*cking hilarious. One of the best DGM fics I have read in a long time.
mayraestrada920 chapter 41 . 3/5
It's been years since I first read this. So. Many. Years. And I still come back. Why? Because its the best fanfic I've ever read. I remember being a kid and reading this coming home from school in like, 07? 08? Idek. I was in middle school at that point though. Graduated and married now. Crazy how that is. But this fanfic will forever be a part of my life. And now I see you updated your bio and want to finish this story. It honestly gets me all teary because of how long I've been following (before there was even 10 chapters) and now ill hopefully be able to see this finish. I know I'm going to cry when it does, but goddammit, I've been waiting years for this, and its finally coming hopefully soon. A final closure to one of my childhood obsessions.
Aiden chapter 41 . 2/12
-looks at profile like the day after you updated it-
YES YOU ARE ALIVE AND BACK AND I AM ETERNALLY GRATEFUL
-waits patiently for next chapter-
aight I waited 3 years for this, I can wait another few months
I will actually probably cry when you update next tbh, or at the very least stop whatever the hell it is that I'm doing because it'll probably be no where near as important as an update to this
linallymeap chapter 41 . 2/8
Love it
Tsukiko K chapter 41 . 1/25
This should be Yullen o.o unless it's gonna be Lavi x Allen x Kanda, which would mean Allen's a uke with two seme's.
kaza my bruh this fic is like everything? this is like the millionth time i've reread this fic since circa 2010 and i swear, it's still my fav fic
2,771 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »