Reviews for In Shadows and Darkness
Dragonjek chapter 16 . 4/4
You know what I wish Luke had told Mon Mothma?

That he had never been the Alliance's enemy. That he had joined them genuinely and without restraint. That he had served loyally. That he had been her friend. That he had never known his heritage. That their rejection of him had been manipulated by Palpatine. That he had endured *months* of unimaginable tortures at the hand of the Emperor before breaking-as everyone does, eventually-and that even upon swearing allegiance to the Emperor, he had not struck out against his former comrades.

Until THEY betrayed HIM. Until SHE did. So that she would know that the actions he took against the Alliance-as well as her own upcoming death-were faults that lie upon her own head.

Yes, it would be crueler than any simple gloating could ever be. But it needs to be said, so someone.
You're too subtle for me. Was Nathen's affair with Clem or Wes? Or an OC? I can't figure it out. By the way, I love your writing. Had to read this story again!
SiriuslyPink chapter 2 . 1/22
I gotta say. Out all 3 fics in your trilogy, this one is by far my favorite. The first one was a stepping stone. The last lost points because of the marriage drama. But this one is perfect. Which is why I'm coming back to it when I just finished the trilogy. It's gonna be hard finding a Dark Luke fic that can beat this.
SiriuslyPink chapter 1 . 1/18
So I guess this one isn't edited?
Guest chapter 35 . 12/16/2015
Wow.. Just...wow. I really enjoyed the first part of this trilogy, but the second part took the story to a whole new level.
The complexity of plot, of characters, of settings. I loved your descriptive stuff, it was always just enough to put me in the scene without ever getting florid or interfering with the ingoing scene..
Did NOT expect the ending!
Now I have to stay up at least another hiur because I just can't leave it there, and have to go on to the next story right now, despite the fact that it's 3am, damn you.
Excellent stuff. I wish all fanfic were this good. I wish all official stuff was half this good!
Diaspared chapter 34 . 12/16/2015
Well. First, the bad. I had a few quibbles with how you used/wrote Mara in this story, and I'd be lying if I said that better writing and stronger characterization -not just of Mara, but of Palpatine- wouldn't have done wonders for it. You never did convincingly show why she was struggling so much; you never advanced that struggle, until it became rote. You should have done more with Palpatine than had him give her empty platitudes, because while Zahn's story gave you more than enough ammo, it felt like you were content to leave it be so to speak.

Now, the good. Vader was perfect, his redemption delightfully different yet the same in the end. Han is easily the best character in this story. And Luke is very, very well-written; dark, not evil. Sith, but never defining exactly what it means to be a sith.

Oh, and the mole reveal was heavyhanded, and pretty easy to deduce.
Diaspared chapter 28 . 12/16/2015
This was a perfect chapter. I mean that sincerely. Your version of Han is fantastic.
Diaspared chapter 15 . 12/16/2015
Oh my god I love everything you've done with Han. Like, everything. Maybe part of it is that he's basically the antithesis of Palpatine, and Luke is more tempered then broken when it comes to his friend.

But I like that you didn't resort to killing him. I like that you've given Luke so much more depth, just from how he interacts with Han. But frankly, I mostly like that you've done a damn fine job keeping the good guys good and the bad guys bad, even if you're apt to blur the lines as much as you can.

I have criticisms of your story, but none of them have to do with your feel for the characters.
Diaspared chapter 11 . 12/15/2015
I'm a fan of your hints regarding Luke's agent. You could've used a tad more subtlety, if I'm reading things correctly, especially as regards certain naming conventions.

I may, of course, be wrong: that said, I don't think I am.
Diaspared chapter 10 . 12/15/2015
You have the most utterly perfect Vader I've ever read.
Rebel Goddess chapter 35 . 8/26/2015
If you want longer reviews, you have to make this less compelling to stop me from just tearing on to the next one. I love this so much. The way you've constructed it is fantastic. I love the wheels within wheels and the characters we know so well just shading into something else. Ye Gods that was good. Have you written original fiction and if so where can I buy it?
Rebel Goddess chapter 15 . 8/26/2015
Just had to pause in my breathless romp through this to say how much I enjoyed this chapter, especially the touch back to their joint imprisonment and the painting. Wonderful chapter.
Brievel chapter 14 . 8/6/2015
"I'm *listening* to the viewport." Me: *uncontrollable giggles*
Brievel chapter 9 . 8/5/2015
Han is so right - and so funny about it. xD
Brievel chapter 2 . 8/4/2015
Oh Luke, my poor bright beacon...