Reviews for In Shadows and Darkness
Jambee chapter 34 . 9/17
Just spent the day re-reading this. It's so good, this should be published. I've been recommending this story to my friends to read.
Shinigami Merchant chapter 34 . 9/1
This was soooooo brilliant, I can't believe it took me this long to finish and I still have another story to go. YAY!

I really liked how you handled Vader in this story, his end was perfect it sort of felt that his character had come full circle when he quoted Obi-Won's last words. It was perfect!
TheGamerGrant chapter 1 . 7/30
Mara and Luke's romance is believable and very well developed. The end of chapter 13 and the entirety of chapter 14 were extremely well written.
What an awesome fight! While contrasting greatly in execution compared to Luke and Vader's lightsaber duel in Into the Storm, it was mind blowing all the same. With their personalities being described in great care in the first part of the duel, it looked like more psychological than physical fight to me, though the second part morphed into another level after Mara's arrival.

I felt sad for Vader. He fell to the dark side, did all of Palpatine's dirty deeds and was dismissed like some insignificant nuisance. I had hope that Vader's final fight with Palpatine would be given the same courtesy as an outstanding Force user, but it would go against the build-up and death of his character. (And he wasn't the main anti-hero protagonist in this story). Luke fighting Palpatine using Vader's lightsaber and ending his life using both of their lightsabers though, was poetic justice.

I still kinda wanted to kill Mara, but since Luke needed her more than me, I was willing to tolerate her existence (;
kailynx chapter 35 . 5/20
Thank you for the second part of the trilogy. I couldn't wait to get to the third part. In my opinion, it is simply one of the best Star Wars AU's I've ever read. Now that Disney destroyed my childhood (I stopped reading the former EU after Yuuzhan Vong anyways), I hope they would make Mara Jade a canon character. If they could canonize Thrawn, they could do the same to Mara. Sorry for the unnecessary rant. Hehe.
kailynx chapter 34 . 5/20
"She'd been watching in the shadows and he'd been working in the plain light of day."

Loved this statement. Take that, Mara!

If Palpatine died a natural death, what was the explanation for Vader's disappearance? Or did he become the scapegoat, like he committed treason by challenging Palpatine and both died in their duel to the death?

I almost wanted Luke to run away, but that wouldn't solve his problems. He had his supporters and loyal subjects who depended on his leadership. To leave was akin to betrayal, and a part of him that was Luke Skywalker would never shirk his responsibilities to people he cared about.

When Han was mentioned in the epilogue, I had to say it out loud to myself: Damn, now that Correllian got the person of the highest level of sovereignty in the galaxy as his friend... some people just got lucky.

The Emperor is dead, long live the Emperor!
kailynx chapter 33 . 5/20
What an awesome fight! While contrasting greatly in execution compared to Luke and Vader's lightsaber duel in Into the Storm, it was mind blowing all the same. With their personalities being described in great care in the first part of the duel, it looked more psychological than physical fight to me, though the second part morphed into another level after Mara's arrival.

I felt sad for Vader. He fell to the dark side, did all of Palpatine's dirty deeds and was dismissed like nothing. I had hope that Vader's final fight with Palpatine would be given the same courtesy as an outstanding Force user, but it would go against the build-up and death of his character. (And he wasn't the main anti-hero protagonist in this story). Luke fighting Palpatine using Vader's lightsaber and ending his life using both of theirs though, was poetic justice.

kailynx chapter 32 . 5/20
I believed that the two Jedi and the two Sith mentioned were Yoda and Obi-Wan, and Palpatine and Vader.

Were you telling us that Luke was the embodiment of both light and darkness? That he could use the Force as he pleased without distinguishing one or the other?
Alright... now I understand why Palpatine and Vader really wanted to have control over Luke. And why the Emperor would never kill the boy so long he had the power to manipulate him.

Vader's redemption and final moment were handled greatly. With his limitations, he would never win against Palpatine, yet by emulating Obi-Wan, he was acknowledging his former master and abandoning Palpatine, releasing Luke from restraints.

And I wanted to kill Mara. If she pressed the trigger, would Luke be able to stop her in time or allow her to knock him out?

I was glad that the showdown between Luke and Palpatine solved some of the riddles I was dying to find out. But you just brought up another question. What about 'the next generation?' - Luke might be cloned somewhere, Mara just got pregnant or Palpatine would create Anakin 2.0?

You must be a genius. Or Palpatine in disguise.
kailynx chapter 31 . 5/20
Man, I really hated Mara in this chapter. I understood her not being able to resist Palpatine's control and manipulation, only a very select few could play his game. Still, I was really mad when she told him about the truth behind the duel. And why did Luke told such incriminating secret to her again while he didn't trust her?

Now Vader got called to the palace. Something big is going to happen.

Should Luke identify himself and demand for clearance, would the Flight Control release his take off?
kailynx chapter 30 . 5/16
When Luke asked Mara to retrieve her comlink in Luke's room and she overheard both of them talking about his plan, I thought it was deliberate. Just a very risky way to test her loyalty. Now I'm not so sure, though I think Luke should have warned them about her going to his room.

Mara's decision would decide Luke's fate. A very fitting chapter to emphasize such conviction.
kailynx chapter 29 . 5/5
The rebels should find the spy as soon as possible if they wanted to outwit The Heir. Han was a convenient scapegoat, but perhaps they needed to test his loyalty before sending him out on missions again, especially those within Luke's vicinity. Lol.

Something was happening, but what? And did Palpatine feel it too? Off to next chapter!
And to think, all Palpatine had to do was be less of a dick...
Rogue Survivor chapter 26 . 4/27
This chapter contains a rather large and glaring typo while they are discussing the location of Endor.
iWishIwasInvisible chapter 34 . 4/20
aaaaaaaaaaa i just really want to strangle mara myselfffff soooo much. why on earth doesn't luke just kill her?
iWishIwasInvisible chapter 32 . 4/20
aww why didn't luke kill mara? would've been soooooo satisfying