Reviews for In Shadows and Darkness
Teucrian chapter 34 . 2/13/2012
Another amazing installment! Great style, this series definitely rates up there with professional writing.
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 27 . 1/28/2012
Oh my god. On my third time reading this series I can't believe I'm finding new things I didn't SEE before. You practically outright told us that Tag was the spy right here! I can't believe how blind I was the first two times around. I probably should be studying for my science exam day after tomorrow but when I start reading this it's hard to stop.

This time I've felt constant frustration on behalf of Leia and Mara's helplessness so far. I kind of get how Mara's spent her whole life serving Palpatine so its obviously not easy for her to see it any other way. Again this series is a masterpiece I can't seem to ever forget.

Yours sincerely,

Alexxis T. Swan
Blake2020 chapter 2 . 1/26/2012
great
Blake2020 chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
great
Starkaster chapter 34 . 9/15/2011
I don't get Luke's attachment to Mara in this story. She's like a wrongly shaped puzzle-piece you hammered into this puzzle just because.
Ladylaurel chapter 17 . 9/14/2011
Win for making 'Sauron' a curse word.
Davin Sunrider chapter 35 . 9/14/2011
Well, that's it. I might as well just give up on writing now, because I don't have a tauntaun's chance in all nine Corellian hells of ever putting out a fic this good.

;)

Seriously though, this is amazing. I've been glued to my computer for about the last two weeks reading 'Into the Storm' and now this. I read the last fifteen or so chapters of this all in one go last night, and I'll tell you right now I don't regret the loss of sleep.

The characterizations, both of canon characters and original, were brilliant. Some were different(some more than others), but it was clear *why* these characters were different in this AU.

You have here one of the very best characterizations of Luke I've ever seen, faced off against a truly terrifying Palpatine. Add your versions of Vader and Mara Jade to the mix and well... that would be why I didn't put this down for the entire second half.

I try to avoid spoilers in my reviews, so I'll just say that Vader's very last scene made me, a grown man, cry. Vader's always been one of my favorite characters, since he can be at once horribly evil and yet somehow still sympathetic. That's why he's one of my favorite SW characters to write. I quite like your version of him, thus the aforementioned bawling like a little girl at his last scene. ;)

On the whole, I found this to be a very engaging and engrossing story, and I'm eagerly looking forward to arranging enough free time to read the next one. Thank you for sharing this story with us!
IWannaLightsaber chapter 32 . 5/16/2011
I had to say one more thing! That part about Luke being the Chosen One to bring true balance to the Force was really really cool and actually made perfect sense! Your logic is incredible and actually makes better sense the the original SW story at least to me (however I understand why George Lucas' idea too). I love how Vader sacrifices himself for Luke and gains redemption. I better go before I rant and rave about this awesome story any more...
IWannaLightsaber chapter 35 . 5/16/2011
OMG! That was so amazing! What a ride! Wow. The horrors and pains and struggles and losses you made the characters (and the reader) go through so vividly and skillfully were all worth it for the little victories and insights you sprinkled in the story, and of course, for that stunning end! Wow! On I go to that next part! Can't wait! You are so awesome, and this story is the best. I absolutely love the depth and intensity with which you write! Keep it up!
fcol chapter 3 . 3/1/2011
Still enjoying this very much... I love the relationship beginning to develop between Luke and Mara (and honestly, I was never really rooting for them to get together back when I read the books). I've said this before, but it's the relationships that really make your writing so excellent. Han and Leia, Luke and Mara, Luke and Palpatine... all wonderful, complex interactions. I love!
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 30 . 2/26/2011
It was SO stupid of him to LEAVE her there!
fcol chapter 2 . 2/23/2011
I've finally started this, and I'm enjoying it so far! More father-son interaction... and how wonderfully their dialogue was done! Definitely looking forward to more!
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 22 . 2/21/2011
I just noticed that you actually gave a VERY big hint at Argot's identity! "it could logically be assumed that this was something she had not been high enough up the ladder to be privy to. In fact with some careful management it could actually take a little of the heat off her if Palpatine had placed his own spy, charged with revealing and closing down Luke's source." This implies that 'SHE' is very high up the ladder and not just a tech or a comms officer. Although when I was reading this, for some reason it didn't click in my head that 'Argot' was a code-name. I didn't even try guessing but even if I had its shocking to think Leia depended SO much on a spy.

It would have been so cool if Leia actually HAD some form of control over her abilities. Especially when it came to those meetings, I wish she had an edge, to somewhat block him from reading her at the very least.
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 17 . 2/20/2011
I love it when an argument leads up to a passionate make-out or even more!
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 8 . 2/19/2011
Wow he's so willing to use Mara's emotions to his own benefit. No wonder Nathan was concerned about that.
317 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »