Reviews for In Shadows and Darkness
Guest chapter 31 . 6/2/2015
Hope he kills Mara, she is so horrible.
FireAndSteel chapter 35 . 5/27/2015
Absolutely fantastic!
Onyx2589 chapter 33 . 4/30/2015
YES! Take THAT you disgusting, conniving, Sith-spawn!
Roku - Molester of Science chapter 35 . 3/19/2015
Buddha on a bicycle...
A glass of white wine and this last chapter VERY potent combination. I was practically in some sort of haze while Luke fought Pappytime(Yes, I call him that, even though I always root Empire) and even as I sat with diarrhea, I could not put this story down from start to end - screams of pain made no difference: I WANTED to READ the GODDAMN Chapter!
*steps back, realizes how silly I sound - post anyway*
BinarySuns chapter 35 . 11/5/2014
Hope Emperor Skywalker will have twins moments with his sister for she'll awaken in the Force and this would be helpful to him too .-) See to that they spend time together with Luke struggling between Sith/Jedi teachings, it would interesting to read about the impact of discovery of the family ties and what will bring for the future -I kind of remember those final chapters where he was saying he needed Leia to contrast him from time to time and he'd give all the power she deeded to make sure he didn't lose the focus-! One of the best fictions :-)
Jedi Jesi Jiin chapter 34 . 5/28/2014
A nice part 2. I appreciate that the duel between Luke & Palpatine was worth the wait! Well done! Also, I liked how Luke was doubting his place once all was said and done. He still has some of that Farmboy in him even after all that's happened. I liked Mara's pep-talk too. Looking forward to part 3. :)
Jedi Jesi Jiin chapter 28 . 5/28/2014
It's nice that Luke still has one friend left from his Alliance days.
Jedi Jesi Jiin chapter 27 . 5/26/2014
I like how Hallin has Luke's back, that's one great friend.
Jedi Jesi Jiin chapter 15 . 5/23/2014
Awe! Such a sweet gesture from Luke to Han! See, our favorite hero is still in there somewhere! "There's still good in him!"
Jedi Jesi Jiin chapter 6 . 5/21/2014
Ha! I LOVE Mara telling Luke to get his rear in gear! That scene made me melt! Such a great moment!
argentorum chapter 28 . 2/2/2014
Your mastery of the English language is exceptional bordering on sublime. When this story turns to description or introspection, it's easy to tell that you're in your element, especially when the reader starts in on elaborate and elegant paragraphs which detail the structure of a room or the state of a mind in equal measure. And though this type of narration is long, for a long time you've kept it from being overly monotonous or dry. The inner dialogue of you cast for instance proves captivating in nearly every occasion.

That being said, the story, though still interesting with a deep and dynamic tension residing within it, has grown ponderous. It is, quite simply, so long that I have really started to question how much of these involved and drawn out sequences are truly necessary. And my frustration has come to the point where I felt that Luke's dialogue with Han was the most interesting event to occurs in the past five or so chapters.

I know this story is already complete, and the chance of you returning to it for something as complex and irritating as trying to trim the plot back some is nonexistent. But hopefully you can understand where I'm coming from.

In the end, it really feels like all the cards are on the table. Hell, I felt that all the major points were laid out a chapter or so ago. Vader and Luke have a truce. Palpatine knows 'this' but doesn't know 'that'. Leis controlled the Rebel alliance. Mara will end up betraying Luke at some crucial moment or another. Just to name the biggest things laid out in the story at this point. I get the feeling you had some other revelation up your sleeve, Luke's possible relationship to Palpatine perhaps. Because otherwise I don't understand why nothing has happened yet.

The last few chapters have just been retreading ground that the story already laid out ages ago: case and point, Mara and Luke's relationship and Luke's ongoing identity crisis. And as much as I really do love the way you write, I can't understand why you haven't brought all of this madness to a head yet.

How much longer, how much more of this subtle dancing and posturing, was really necessary until somebody, anybody, deciding to take everything you've laid out into its endgame?
Guest chapter 35 . 11/16/2013
I went on to pat myself on the back, but realized halfway that i hadn't reviewed. Good work!
hazelwillow chapter 34 . 5/7/2013
This was incredible, really impressive.

I've been reading non-stop for a few days. Thank you...being so utterly enthralled by a piece of writing is rare and so very fun. It's been addictive. It's a gift. :)

I haven't read a lot of fanfiction yet (so exciting as there's so much good stuff I still have to discover!), but I have read a lot of amateur writing in my university program. Believe me when I say your writing is really good, though I'm sure you know that already. Characterization, scene building, dialogue... especially between Luke and Han. Your Han is spot-on. The scenes of them in the prison-chamber being taken to Coruscant, near the very beginning, were so spot-on, they were just delightful. I was laughing out loud a couple times, in a delighted, gleeful way... :) And the dynamic between Luke and Palpatine was very layered and interesting.

I like Mara Jade, but I do wish she'd beat him in their fights some time. Or even better, get one step ahead of him in their intrigues. So far he's mostly gotten the better of her, and I would love to see her keep him on his toes a little more. Maybe in the next part...

Thank you for all the work you must have put into this, it's been so very enjoyable to read!
freddie-mac chapter 35 . 4/14/2013
Whew ... discovered Part 1 on AO3, then found parts 2 & 3 on a few weeks back. This has been an awe-inspiring novel that has swept me off my feet, folded/spindled/mutilated my emotions, and generally left me exhausted. Is it wrong to love your AU more than canon? :) In Part 2, you've illustrated how Luke has managed to hang onto his sense of self despite Palpy's tests, both large (assassination attempt & The Patriot) and small, and has even managed to build some semblance of a relationship with his father. This relationship, in turn, proves to be the hinge point that determines Luke's actions (or lack thereof). Vader's death scene didn't bring tears to my eyes - I had tears gushing down my face!
CommChatter chapter 35 . 9/9/2012
Awesomeness! I love it! Poor Luke's so messed up but so recognizably him, it's great.
Keep up the good work!