Reviews for In Shadows and Darkness
Rogue Survivor chapter 26 . 4/27/2017
This chapter contains a rather large and glaring typo while they are discussing the location of Endor.
iWishIwasInvisible chapter 34 . 4/20/2017
aaaaaaaaaaa i just really want to strangle mara myselfffff soooo much. why on earth doesn't luke just kill her?
iWishIwasInvisible chapter 32 . 4/20/2017
aww why didn't luke kill mara? would've been soooooo satisfying
iceicetiger chapter 35 . 4/18/2017
This is an amazing fic, possibly the best i have ever read from any fandom. I have been binge reading for 3 days now and will likely have to go and reread all over again once I finish to catch the nuances. I love this idea, expanded and fleshed out. Brings me right back to the first time i saw ESB. Amazing... You're very talented and i am so glad you shared it with us!
kailynx chapter 28 . 4/5/2017
Wow. I think this is simply one of the best chapters in the sequel. It was quite a foolish move on Han's part to infiltrate the SSD, but then, thanks again to his incredible luck, he was saved by his connection to the Heir. In a way, I pitied the fate of the other agents.

Loved the interaction between Han and Luke. Heck, Luke sacrificed himself to save Han before - a decision that shaped his current position - and I had no doubt he would let him go again, now that he had the power to do so. And Han was the only one who still believed that some of the old Luke Skywalker was still there. And that's good enough. Thank you for such a brilliant chapter.

Always loved the manipulated consequences of their encounters.
kailynx chapter 27 . 3/25/2017
Strange how those rumours spread out in the first place. Mara wasn't really the type who showed whatever she had with her to anyone - unless they had this undetected surveilance system in her room. I almost suspected Nathan's loyalty for a moment... but then yeah, he wasn't really suited to the cloak and dagger thing.

Well, just like you mentioned, she's gonna hurt him someday but I'm quite sure that neither of them could really let go of each other. They were crazy like that lol.
Guest chapter 26 . 3/16/2017
Yeah, I can see a darker Luke from now on. Plotting the demise of his master while said master was standing just next to him, talking about power. Palpatine should realize that he could gloat all he wanted about his empire in front of Vader, who could never take it by force from him. But this was Luke, whose strength in the Force as well as military and political leadership growing by leaps and bounds everytime he looked away.

Was he testing Luke, just to see his reactions on more freedom, or was something sinister waiting for Luke once the death star is complete?
kailynx chapter 25 . 3/10/2017
Wow, what an eerie flashback. Luke was really strong in the Force that the only way to control him was to threaten him with the life of people around him. And in his case, everyone he cared about and any innocent souls that might have an unfortunate encounter with his presence. Cruel, but it was the most effective way to make sure he would never leave Palpatine. And it was brilliant.

If he could kill the Emperor, he should have a chance at freedom. Though I'm not sure if Vader would allow Luke to leave his side again.
kailynx chapter 24 . 3/8/2017
Loved the reception event, it's quite interesting now that a female character other than Mara was officially introduced to to Luke. As the most mysterious, eligible bachelor of the highest position (Palpy didn't count), he'd have a field day fending off proposals after proposals lol.

Mara was starting to look a little bit clingy and I hope their relationship wouldn't bring disaster to whatever Luke was plannning.
kailynx chapter 23 . 2/27/2017
Man, that Palpatine was such a creepy, control-freak with OCD. Still, it's hard to win against a dead person in a fair fight so all he needed to do was to exercise his excellent lying skill.

Well, it's lonely at the top... heh heh.
kailynx chapter 22 . 2/19/2017
What an awesome display of Luke's powers! And more awesome when Luke chose to let Leia escape and twist the fact to test the Emperor. And it's not surprising at all that Palpatine would use Luke's abilities as a subtle warning to his subjects...

I can't remember if I've asked this question previously, but did Palpatine know that Leia is Luke's twin?
kailynx chapter 21 . 2/4/2017
Loved the 'almost' brotherly moments between Luke and Nathan. I admired Nathan's courage when he confronted Mara and made his thoughts clear about their relationship.

And then Luke revealed the truth of what happened during his duel with Vader. Mara could take this to Palpatine. Yet Luke took the risk and I'm not sure if he was confident enough of Mara's conflicted loyalty or if he simply left it to fate again.
kailynx chapter 20 . 1/24/2017
Whatever the Rebellion (particularly Madine) was cooking, I hope their plan would fail. It would be interesting if they could take a potshot at Palpatine though.

Luke described his relationship with Mara perfectly. They were both a little bit screwed up here and there that somehow they complete each other. A match made in the Force, lol... He won't be bored with her around.
Guest chapter 8 . 1/17/2017
Is it Han? Is the secret agent Han?
-Daniel barry
Guest chapter 7 . 1/15/2017
Ship sails this chapter... Right?
Love the series, thank you for writing it
-Daniel Barry