Reviews for In Shadows and Darkness
kailynx chapter 14 . 11/28/2016
Lol, their ship was actually crippled and Mara thought Luke turned the lights off and stopped the turbolift? Bad timing, Mara. It was amusing that she tried to question Luke's reactions as if he was guilty of the kiss too. Or was he?

It was really a smart move of Luke to transfer Mon Mothma to Executor, though his plan backfired a little now that the Alliance used the DEMP on them. If they knew Mothma wasn't in the Fury, was it possible for the other functioning ship to use the Fury as target practice?
kailynx chapter 13 . 11/28/2016
"...for his son, who had been made both pariah and prey by her command."

Mothma might have sealed Luke's fate when the Alliance abandoned him, but Vader should remember that he was the one who captured the boy and handed him on silver platter to Palpatine, who consequently took all the necessary actions to cut all ties between Luke and the rebels.

Not sure whether Mara was joking or simply testing the waters, it was quite brazen of her to suggest that they were friends, and moments later started kissing him. While the rebels might take the bait to attack the Fury. Man that girl got balls.
kailynx chapter 12 . 11/27/2016
Yeah, they got Mothma! It would be cool if Fury could be disguised as, or replaced with any Destroyer from Vader's fleet though.

Luke could nab Madine and gut him anytime, but I don't think I'd like Leia or Han being captured or worse, killed by the Imperial forces.
kailynx chapter 11 . 11/24/2016
Couldn't believe that Veers met his end so swiftly. I had hoped he would do something terrible or traitorous before Luke killed him but that wasn't to be the case. I wonder what reasoning he would use to convince the Emperor of deed this time around.

Great manipulation of the Bothan's trait of nervousness to hide the fact that it was a trap! And actually, you were successful in making me hate Madine more than Mothma in the story.
kailynx chapter 10 . 11/22/2016
What a brilliant mind game between the master and his protege! The Emperor had indeed taught his heir well, for it was mind-blowing to see those lessons being used against him. Luke executed his timing well and got his wish. Well done.

Call me crazy, but sometimes I felt this weird vibe coming from Palpatine, like an evil, controlling and possessive grandfather of a dysfunctional family who showed his love to his only, wayward grandson in a morbid way.

Vader's thought, that he too would keep Luke close if he were in Palpatine's place... were they scared that Luke would run away once he was out of their sight?

Still, the ending was really good. Hope the relationship between father and son would continue to improve in the later chapters.
kailynx chapter 9 . 11/19/2016
Ah, so Veers was intended to be one of the 'bad' guys in this story. Harsh, but legit warning from Luke sounded a bit personal, I should say. I had hoped he would switch side but Luke already hated him so his future didn't seem so bright to me.

Talon Karrde was a cool Correlian, and kudos to you for sticking him into character!

I've always loved the scenes where Luke was piloting a ship, and glad to find it in this chapter. I'm yet to find a story where Luke joined an imperial academy and trained as a pilot without realizing that he possessed Jedi abilities, hehe *hint hint*.
kailynx chapter 8 . 11/18/2016
Palpatine should have known better than anyone that in the end the wolf would turn against his master, and would only allow Luke's ascension to the throne on his terms. Should have guessed that he was involved indirectly in Luke's assassination attempt - coz of course, when did major things happen without his prior knowledge?

Poor Nathan lol, Luke was a prime example of a bad patient. Still, he should be one of those few people who could voice his honest thoughts without any bad consequences on himself.

Were they flirting in the practice hall? Luke might notice Mara's attraction to him, but did he realize his own feelings?
kailynx chapter 7 . 11/13/2016
Loved the father and son moment. And I hope that Nathan would remain loyal to Luke till the end.

What I liked in this chapter is the revelation that Palpatine wasn't really into cloning a Force-sensitive individual, though creating a baby from Luke's DNA samples was certainly an aberration. Does that policy include himself or not? Coz I'm sure dreading to find out about some cloning chambers in a secret place somewhere lol. Still, why didn't he try to create a baby out of his own samples?
Shinigami Merchant chapter 15 . 11/11/2016
Laughing so hard right now XD. That was such a nice payoff from part one of the trilogy X3
Shinigami Merchant chapter 11 . 11/10/2016
Oh that ending.
So good in so many ways X3
Shinigami Merchant chapter 10 . 11/10/2016
How do you do it? Humanize Vader in such a way that doesn't detract from or weaken his character in any way, in fact it gives so much depth to an already complex character that just makes this story so interesting to read XD
kailynx chapter 6 . 11/5/2016
I truly sympathized with Vader in this chapter. He had been serving Palpatine for more than twenty years, and yet the Emperor treated him like some trash because he couldn't reach his full potential due to former injuries. If his claim about creating Anakin from the Force was true, then Darth Vader was actually his progeny, a 'son', and that made Luke his 'grandson'. While now I could relate this discovery to his repetitive 'mine!' claim, I'm still curious about Luke's supposed betrayal that denied him full reconstructive treatment.

Still, Luke survived, Nathan simply took the cake for saving the day, and consequently, lives of other people. And Mara, wow, just wow. Never thought the tough girl could say anything genuinely romantic to anyone, guess love changed people. (Coz I never fall in love, so I don't really know the feelings).

Loved the reversed sleeping beauty scene at the last part ;)
kailynx chapter 5 . 11/4/2016
Oh no, Luke! The alliance surely worked fast. But to be able to set up explosive devices of such scale on the Heir's flag ship spelled inside job/help to me. Or that they had a very efficient commando team to infiltrate the Peerless during its supposed upgrades at Kuat Drive Yards.

Loved the little personal moments between Luke and Mara. And it touched me that he cared about the lives of his men.

p/s: You really liked to hurt Luke, didn't you? ;)
kailynx chapter 4 . 11/4/2016
Yay for Hallin! His appearance in this chapter was like the sun after so many gloomy days!

The way you described it, it seemed that Luke was able to reach out to both the dark and light side of the Force - or perhaps to him it was simply the Force, readily available to be used at will.
kailynx chapter 3 . 11/1/2016
Either Luke had become a master sabacc player, or he was cheating in a every single game he played with Mara... If that was the case, poor girl lol.

I always have a built-in respect for those military leaders who would fight at the frontline, and on the imperial side, Veers was one of them. However, the way Palpatine manipulated him into supporting Luke over Vader made me wonder if he had been subtly persuading the other selected personnel that way for the same reason. I believe that in doing so, he could prevent mutiny from Vader as well as cementing their allegiance to him.

Damn Palpatine. Kneeling even for a minute was painful to me - and somehow my legs felt it just from reading about Luke being forced to do it for long, impossible hours.
374 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »