Reviews for In Shadows and Darkness
iceicetiger chapter 35 . 4/18
This is an amazing fic, possibly the best i have ever read from any fandom. I have been binge reading for 3 days now and will likely have to go and reread all over again once I finish to catch the nuances. I love this idea, expanded and fleshed out. Brings me right back to the first time i saw ESB. Amazing... You're very talented and i am so glad you shared it with us!
kailynx chapter 28 . 4/5
Wow. I think this is simply one of the best chapters in the sequel. It was quite a foolish move on Han's part to infiltrate the SSD, but then, thanks again to his incredible luck, he was saved by his connection to the Heir. In a way, I pitied the fate of the other agents.

Loved the interaction between Han and Luke. Heck, Luke sacrificed himself to save Han before - a decision that shaped his current position - and I had no doubt he would let him go again, now that he had the power to do so. And Han was the only one who still believed that some of the old Luke Skywalker was still there. And that's good enough. Thank you for such a brilliant chapter.

Always loved the manipulated consequences of their encounters.
kailynx chapter 27 . 3/25
Strange how those rumours spread out in the first place. Mara wasn't really the type who showed whatever she had with her to anyone - unless they had this undetected surveilance system in her room. I almost suspected Nathan's loyalty for a moment... but then yeah, he wasn't really suited to the cloak and dagger thing.

Well, just like you mentioned, she's gonna hurt him someday but I'm quite sure that neither of them could really let go of each other. They were crazy like that lol.
Yeah, I can see a darker Luke from now on. Plotting the demise of his master while said master was standing just next to him, talking about power. Palpatine should realize that he could gloat all he wanted about his empire in front of Vader, who could never take it by force from him. But this was Luke, whose strength in the Force as well as military and political leadership growing by leaps and bounds everytime he looked away.

Was he testing Luke, just to see his reactions on more freedom, or was something sinister waiting for Luke once the death star is complete?
kailynx chapter 25 . 3/10
Wow, what an eerie flashback. Luke was really strong in the Force that the only way to control him was to threaten him with the life of people around him. And in his case, everyone he cared about and any innocent souls that might have an unfortunate encounter with his presence. Cruel, but it was the most effective way to make sure he would never leave Palpatine. And it was brilliant.

If he could kill the Emperor, he should have a chance at freedom. Though I'm not sure if Vader would allow Luke to leave his side again.
kailynx chapter 24 . 3/8
Loved the reception event, it's quite interesting now that a female character other than Mara was officially introduced to to Luke. As the most mysterious, eligible bachelor of the highest position (Palpy didn't count), he'd have a field day fending off proposals after proposals lol.

Mara was starting to look a little bit clingy and I hope their relationship wouldn't bring disaster to whatever Luke was plannning.
kailynx chapter 23 . 2/27
Man, that Palpatine was such a creepy, control-freak with OCD. Still, it's hard to win against a dead person in a fair fight so all he needed to do was to exercise his excellent lying skill.

Well, it's lonely at the top... heh heh.
kailynx chapter 22 . 2/19
What an awesome display of Luke's powers! And more awesome when Luke chose to let Leia escape and twist the fact to test the Emperor. And it's not surprising at all that Palpatine would use Luke's abilities as a subtle warning to his subjects...

I can't remember if I've asked this question previously, but did Palpatine know that Leia is Luke's twin?
kailynx chapter 21 . 2/4
Loved the 'almost' brotherly moments between Luke and Nathan. I admired Nathan's courage when he confronted Mara and made his thoughts clear about their relationship.

And then Luke revealed the truth of what happened during his duel with Vader. Mara could take this to Palpatine. Yet Luke took the risk and I'm not sure if he was confident enough of Mara's conflicted loyalty or if he simply left it to fate again.
kailynx chapter 20 . 1/24
Whatever the Rebellion (particularly Madine) was cooking, I hope their plan would fail. It would be interesting if they could take a potshot at Palpatine though.

Luke described his relationship with Mara perfectly. They were both a little bit screwed up here and there that somehow they complete each other. A match made in the Force, lol... He won't be bored with her around.
Is it Han? Is the secret agent Han?
-Daniel barry
Ship sails this chapter... Right?
Love the series, thank you for writing it
-Daniel Barry
EmmettMcFly55 chapter 35 . 1/4
This, too, is an intriguing installment - ending with Luke Skywalker from Tatooine becoming Emperor of the Galaxy. You don't see that too often. It's fascinating that we ended up seeing those final stages from Mara's POV - although I was hoping she would intervene against the Emperor in that final battle the way Vader did in canon, even if it was just a small maneouvre (I suppose the fact that she prevented anyone from coming to Palpatine's aid counts for that, but that's incredibly small and Luke probably doesn't even realize that that happened.) I understand just how incredibly bound she was to her loyalties to the Emperor, but it would have made Luke's willingness to accept her in his court again after she was partly responsible for Vader's death more understandable. Which, by the way, was very tragic, although I can understand why from a story perspective you'd want Luke to stand on his own as he takes the reins. I didn't like the fact that we didn't end up seeing much of Vader's actual death, though, and over the next chapter I was wondering whether Mara saying that Vader was dead meant that Vader was actually dead or that she believed that Vader was practically dead already because he was fighting against Palpatine and wouldn't survive that. The fact that he died believing Padme would have been proud of him was really moving, though.

Finally, I was worried for a moment that Luke was actually going to run away, but in the end Mara managed to talk some sense into him. I don't know whether the third installment features clone bodies like Empire's Son II does, but the existence of those things means that a tight grip on the galaxy is needed because in a power vacuum like in ES II Palpatine will just be able to regain power. I also wonder whether Han and Leia will attempt to approach the new Emperor now that Palpatine is gone - after all, as Han can testify from the events of this story as well, there's still some of Luke Skywalker in him - and how the whole thing between Luke and Mara develops. But I don't have to wonder, as I can just read on. Amazing story, you can certainly be proud of yourself!
kailynx chapter 19 . 12/10/2016
What would happen if Mara wasn't able to grab him in time? It was a crazy move by Luke, tempting fate like that, not to mention a little foolish. If he survived the fall, Palpatine might increase the limit to his freedom, and if he didn't, his body would be used to create a replacement. Both didn't really sound any wiser to me

Too bad that any Luke-related circumstances would be used to put Han in a suspicious situation... but as you put it, I hope his 'Corellian luck' would stay with him in this epic universe.

And I got the feeling that Tag Massa is the Imperial spy lol... coz technically her job would grant her great access to lots of information everywhere.
kailynx chapter 18 . 12/9/2016
I wonder what put Luke in such a foul mood... perhaps all the fanfares involved in the live execution of Mothma, or there was more to it. And if I were Palpatine, I'd allow the relationship between Luke and Mara as a form of control. Better yet, I might get another naturally made free force-sensitive to corrupt lol...
392 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »