Reviews for In Shadows and Darkness
ILDV chapter 18 . 7/16/2008
Good.
dandeliondreams chapter 18 . 7/15/2008
Haha, drunk Luke... Well, maybe he's just pretending to be drunk to see if Mara'll drink to treason but... dangit it's all too complicated!

But I liked his toasts, and the mirror scene. It's so...nice, I guess, to see how far he's come from a farmboy from Tatooine, but that he also remembers all his friends there and misses them.

And of course, after the wuv of last chapter, we're back to normal, emotionless, friends-are-a-weakness (and more-than-friends-are-worse) Sith Luke. But Mara's a weakness now, and I guess friends /are/ weaknesses when in Palpatine's vicinity...

GAH! I HATEHATEHATE PALPATINE! I want to see you kill him and all of his stupid clones or whatever he uses to come back to life, and then chop him into little pieces and Force-lightning him and AAHH!

*sticks head in bucket of water*

This is the most seriously hate-able Palpatine I've ever read. I mean, there are always "evil" Palpatines, you know, where the adverb "evilly" follows everything he does? (Palpatine laughed evilly. He yelled evilly. He snarled evilly. He Force-lightning'd people evilly.) But there's a difference between merely "evil" and hate-able, and your Palpatine is firmly in the latter category.

Well, he's evil, too, but it's not an "evil" kind of evil. It's genuine evil, the kind that makes you need a nightlight and a glass of warm milk. *shivers*

~ Lena
Rigil Kent chapter 18 . 7/15/2008
Another nice chapter. You've successfully racheted up the tension here.

As I suspected, Palpatine isn't completely oblivious to Mara's wavering loyalty to him though he clearly doesn't know just how far she's gone over to Luke's camp yet. I totally dug the 'almost confrontation' between the Emperor and Luke, especially when Luke pulls a Batman in the middle of the room. Once again, you've done a fantastic job in portraying Palpy as the 'evil genius' - his reasoning for keeping Mara assigned to Luke in order to to establish another level of control on Skywalker is utterly in character for Lord Sidious.

And I totally dug the conversation between Luke & Mara at the end. It'll be interesting to see how her priorities change - personally, I'm hoping they shift to Luke entirely, but then I'm a L/Mer so that shouldn't be a surprise. She seems ideally situated to become his 'Empress' when he moves against Palpatine, though I can see Luke wanting to disappear from the galaxy (although his tastes for the finer things in life have now changed so much, I doubt he *could* just walk away like he'd want to.)

Eagerly looking forward to the next chapter!
Carrie2sky chapter 17 . 7/15/2008
Oh my! Things are really heating up between Mara and Luke! No doubt the Emperor will not be pleased if he finds out! I doubt Vader would be either.

I still can't figure out exactly what Luke's plans are, but it's getting clearer. I like how you always keep me guessing, and coming back for more. You have a fantastic writing style!

Keep it up!
Very Good.
ILDV chapter 14 . 7/15/2008
Very good.
frodogenic chapter 17 . 7/14/2008
Heh heh...the vibroblade at the end was a nice touch. :)
angelmine-29 chapter 17 . 7/14/2008
Wow! Excellent updates! But geez, leaving us hanging with Mara and Luke like that! :) As always, looking forward to more - I'm so greedy! LOL
Mina1 chapter 17 . 7/14/2008
Well, it's about time ;) Loved how they turned their aggressive fighting into aggressive passion - so in character. Are you going to interrupt them at the start of the next chapter or have Luke call a halt? Damn - I hope not.
Mina1 chapter 16 . 7/14/2008
Mara's hormones are playing havoc for her, aren't they?

I think you've managed to create just about the only scenario where I'd absolutely believe in a dark Luke - a scenario where he's skirting the edge, where he still manages to hold onto his conscience and it comes breaking through, like it did at the end of this chapter. I think Vader is sort of right that if Luke's questioning himself, then he isn't lost to the dark side yet - but that seems a bit of a convenient get out, too. I'm not sure Luke isn't going to prove himself dark just by trying to overcompensate for or avoid darkness.

And now I want to know what Luke was doing all those other times he's snuck over to the Executor. :D
Mina1 chapter 15 . 7/14/2008
Is it me or is there something amibuously threatening about Luke's note to Han - 'Now we're even' could be a 'thanks' or it could be a 'so next time you die'. Which just about sums up Luke's unpredictability.

I loved their exchange. And bringing that painting back in from, way back when, just made me bittersweet for the person Luke had been when he was first been taken to the Palace. I really hope, really hope, Han holds onto his faith in Luke.

And I wonder what Luke has planned for Leia by pushing her to the front of the Alliance leadership - that's slightly ominous.
Mina1 chapter 13 . 7/14/2008
Loved this:

Vader turned, the slightest shade of dry amusement in his bass voice, “I have no intention of returning to the battle. If you cannot stop the Rebels with the Fury and the Peerless combined, then you do not deserve the Executor’s aid.”

Luke glanced to his father, allowing no trace of a smile to show on his face, knowing that Jade would be watching them now as they neared the shuttle again. “A comforting thought.” he murmured in sardonic reply, “Motivational.”

It made me smile.

Luke is turning into a wonderfully complex character. And

Mara's loyalties really are all over the place, aren't they? Can't say I blame her...
Mina1 chapter 12 . 7/14/2008
Great to see Luke not only on the front line but using Rebel-learned cloak and dagger tactics, though it might just give his presence away. Wonderful pace to these chapters - I can't stop reading.
389 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 .. Last Next »