Reviews for In Shadows and Darkness
Davin Sunrider chapter 35 . 9/14/2011
Well, that's it. I might as well just give up on writing now, because I don't have a tauntaun's chance in all nine Corellian hells of ever putting out a fic this good.

;)

Seriously though, this is amazing. I've been glued to my computer for about the last two weeks reading 'Into the Storm' and now this. I read the last fifteen or so chapters of this all in one go last night, and I'll tell you right now I don't regret the loss of sleep.

The characterizations, both of canon characters and original, were brilliant. Some were different(some more than others), but it was clear *why* these characters were different in this AU.

You have here one of the very best characterizations of Luke I've ever seen, faced off against a truly terrifying Palpatine. Add your versions of Vader and Mara Jade to the mix and well... that would be why I didn't put this down for the entire second half.

I try to avoid spoilers in my reviews, so I'll just say that Vader's very last scene made me, a grown man, cry. Vader's always been one of my favorite characters, since he can be at once horribly evil and yet somehow still sympathetic. That's why he's one of my favorite SW characters to write. I quite like your version of him, thus the aforementioned bawling like a little girl at his last scene. ;)

On the whole, I found this to be a very engaging and engrossing story, and I'm eagerly looking forward to arranging enough free time to read the next one. Thank you for sharing this story with us!
IWannaLightsaber chapter 32 . 5/16/2011
I had to say one more thing! That part about Luke being the Chosen One to bring true balance to the Force was really really cool and actually made perfect sense! Your logic is incredible and actually makes better sense the the original SW story at least to me (however I understand why George Lucas' idea too). I love how Vader sacrifices himself for Luke and gains redemption. I better go before I rant and rave about this awesome story any more...
IWannaLightsaber chapter 35 . 5/16/2011
OMG! That was so amazing! What a ride! Wow. The horrors and pains and struggles and losses you made the characters (and the reader) go through so vividly and skillfully were all worth it for the little victories and insights you sprinkled in the story, and of course, for that stunning end! Wow! On I go to that next part! Can't wait! You are so awesome, and this story is the best. I absolutely love the depth and intensity with which you write! Keep it up!
fcol chapter 3 . 3/1/2011
Still enjoying this very much... I love the relationship beginning to develop between Luke and Mara (and honestly, I was never really rooting for them to get together back when I read the books). I've said this before, but it's the relationships that really make your writing so excellent. Han and Leia, Luke and Mara, Luke and Palpatine... all wonderful, complex interactions. I love!
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 30 . 2/26/2011
It was SO stupid of him to LEAVE her there!
fcol chapter 2 . 2/23/2011
I've finally started this, and I'm enjoying it so far! More father-son interaction... and how wonderfully their dialogue was done! Definitely looking forward to more!
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 22 . 2/21/2011
I just noticed that you actually gave a VERY big hint at Argot's identity! "it could logically be assumed that this was something she had not been high enough up the ladder to be privy to. In fact with some careful management it could actually take a little of the heat off her if Palpatine had placed his own spy, charged with revealing and closing down Luke's source." This implies that 'SHE' is very high up the ladder and not just a tech or a comms officer. Although when I was reading this, for some reason it didn't click in my head that 'Argot' was a code-name. I didn't even try guessing but even if I had its shocking to think Leia depended SO much on a spy.

It would have been so cool if Leia actually HAD some form of control over her abilities. Especially when it came to those meetings, I wish she had an edge, to somewhat block him from reading her at the very least.
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 17 . 2/20/2011
I love it when an argument leads up to a passionate make-out or even more!
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 8 . 2/19/2011
Wow he's so willing to use Mara's emotions to his own benefit. No wonder Nathan was concerned about that.
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 34 . 1/12/2011
That was so awesome!
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 31 . 1/12/2011
UGH I can't believe she feel for it UGH UGH UGH!
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 30 . 1/12/2011
He's playing her- he's totally playing her. He's so in control even NOW it makes it seem like nothing is actually ever up to her in reality, which is the truth since he manipulates everything.
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 29 . 1/12/2011
Once again this proves Luke and Leia are connected. I just want the connection to be made already though. I want Leia to be able to have some ounce of power in this huge power base of Luke's.
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 20 . 1/11/2011
At the end of that INTENSE power-play they just go back to normal, wow these people are so used to this. Kinda sucks that now he can beat her even at her own home-turf.
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 15 . 1/11/2011
YES! FINALLY! Some recognition of Leia's potential which I hope becomes actual ability. Ugh no Luke's making her stay with the Rebellion.
326 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »