Reviews for In Shadows and Darkness
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 9 . 1/11/2011
Oh come on, let Mara figure something out or do SOMETHING right for once! I'm kinda hoping she's reporting every single thing to the Emperor. I just want Luke to be somehow wrong about her. He's getting too cocky.
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 8 . 1/11/2011
Manipulating Mara like that brings him to Palpatine's level! I mean when she eventually figures it out (and I credit her and Leia both with enough intelligence when it comes to this stuff), she's gonna feel so betrayed. She thinks of him as a polite, honest man and he goes and uses her feelings to his advantage like that.
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 4 . 1/10/2011
Lol while the grace and etiquette of the upper society in times may be alluring on a teenage stance and monopoly; this kind of royal treatment and formality is over-the-top plain annoying. Its so funny how he banned 'highness'!
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Woah I'm intimated by the number of chapter ahead of me. 35 in this one and 43(and counting) in the next one. Actually I'm terrified of the number and where this story will go. However I can't force myself to stop. I believe Into the Storm is the best and most memorable Star Wars fic I have read and probably will ever read. Perhaps the only things that may surpass it are its sequels. I sincerely look forward to reading them.
Pokethat chapter 35 . 1/2/2011
You outdid yourself, ive spen the last few days reading part one and part two. I cant waittoget started on part three.
oldman543 chapter 35 . 11/19/2010
very nice. a good sequel to the origional and i like what you have done with it. cheers,

old
shyd1 chapter 35 . 11/6/2010
Oh man, this was just so epic I can't even think of something coherent to say!

Amazing. Great tie-ins to the books and the movies.

The turbolift scene with Luke and Mara will forever be one of my favorites! Brilliant!

Once I started reading I couldn't stop, I've literally spent the last 12 hours or so eating and reading!

Can't wait to read the third one!
zipfe chapter 34 . 10/24/2010
Wow, just WOW. Now that I've read this Part twice it is even better than during my first read. Everything just seems linked, not plotholes, no boring sections.

absolutely brilliant piece. everyone reading star wars fiction has to read it.

And I feel really bad for not reviewing every single chapter. But somehow I cant bring myself to stop reading after one chapter is done to review. It just rips me out of whatever Im reading.

Anyway, absolutely awesome job!

This trilogy is by far the best fanfiction that I've ever read. And Ive read many (maybe too many...)

Im going to read the third part next, will take me awhile though. Sadly my summer break is over, time to go back to university.

Last but not least I just want to say Im looking forward to your next project.
GoldenRat chapter 34 . 5/26/2010
OMG! So the build up to Luke's defeating the Emperor was so good. I'm so glad you redeemed Vader, somewhat before the end.
Fiwen9430 chapter 35 . 5/4/2010
I have just finished reading this and the first part, and am eagerly looking forward to reading the last part when I have time. I cannot summon up words to describe how I feel about how good this epic is, and congratulate you on your excellent writing skills all round. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful AU!
Gelious chapter 35 . 4/18/2010
That's. Just. Epic.

Wow, man, you are genious! Compared to this, original SW sucks.

Hail to blank101!
crmcneill chapter 34 . 2/24/2010
Wow. Ok. Took me two days to go back and read this and Into The Storm. I've read one other FF that started with Luke as the new Emperor, and picked up mid-stream, revealing the events leading to Luke as Emperor in flashbacks, so having read #3 first simply made it more difficult to understand; not impossible.

This story is absolutely amazing in its depth and scope. The subtleties and intrigues are perfect. The lightsaber battle between Luke and the Emperor was the best I have ever seen in writing, especially how you wove the mental and emotional battle in with the physical.

My interest in the EU novels has waned of late, for a variety of reasons. I just wish all those other stories could be as good as this.
Flaming Man of Iron chapter 34 . 10/13/2009
Wow! Awesome story, I've read this obsessively for the last 3 days! I really like how well you write all of the intrigue! Great job!
AHangdogMemoir chapter 35 . 8/29/2009
Hey Blank!

Well, after reading ItS and ISaD for the 500th time (roughly) i thought maybe I should review it. Yeah, I'm one of those people that everyone hates because they read it and love it, but never bother to reviews, so here it all is:

I really enjoy your style of writing. The description is fantastic and when flicking between characters POV's you don't get confused as to who is thinking what, a common problem for rookie writers.

Of all the characters, i really have to say, you write Palatine so well! It's those acts of dehumanization and claims of ownership that really give him that kick. Back in ItS, Luke's fall to the dark side was done with such careful precision and subtle jabs at his mind which I loved. The whole turning-to-the-dark-side-thing was so great. Also, i loved watching him fight with his 'wolf' right through ISaD, the way Luke secretly fought while Palpatine secretly countered. OOH I love secrets! Haha! The best act of cruelty would have to be in chapter 3 when he made Luke kneel for ages. Haha, that was so fun to read (Yeah, I'm a sadist, whatever) Palpatine is really just plain awesome, right until he...you know...dies.

I love Luke too and the stubborn way he clings to the light side right through ItS, slowly slipping away, making small slips (and the one big one) that all resulted in his turn to the dark side, but I was glad he managed to bust Han out before he did turn. Then in ISaD I think he is a great character, truly beginning to reflect his master, becoming more and more manipulative as the story progressed. I was glad he began to bond slightly with his father in ISaD. Such a shame when Vader was murdered, though I must say, i applaud your final duel, so much description and such fun to read.

Then we have good old Mara Jade. The way she slowly slipped from cold loathing towards the Jedi to sleeping with the heir. Her part in this story could not have been better.

Good old Vader slowly becoming close to Luke was great, but I loved their conversations earlier in ItS when Luke hated his father. Haha! Luke really managed to own the Sith Lord back then.

Seriously though, I have read ALOT of Star wars stories, but this trilogy remained the best I've read...mind you I'm yet to read At the brink of the Dawn and the Darkness. I have to admit that once Palpatine died, i tuned out. Yeah, I'm a Palpatine fan, especially your Palpatine.

Anyway, that was a bit of a long review, and most of the stuff up their was probably irrelevant, but know that you are such the best Star Wars writer on all of FanFiction.
Mischiefs-Hawk chapter 4 . 8/19/2009
The people in the alliance r making a mistake. Luke had friends in the alliance so WHY DON'T THEY GO AND TALK TO THEM?
325 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »