Reviews for The Long Race
Kilt chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Really good story!
I love your writing style.
Darkover chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Dear LadyBranwyn: You had an interesting idea for a story, and developed it well. Thanks for writing and posting this. Sincerely, Darkover
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
A great story. Very well written.
Blonde Shadowcat chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
This was great! Of course Faramir passes everything; he's just that awesome. Haha great story!
G chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
It's hilarious! Delightful! I love the tattoo bit! It made me laugh out loud. The only part I didn't like was the sudden appearance of the randy innkeeper. Somehow I don't like the idea of strange random women lusting after Faramir's naked body -_-
FlitShadowflame chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
Wow. I had to reread the onion fight.

This was adorable. And none of it would surprise me of the Rohirrim.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
I enjoyed seeing Faramir prove himself as a rider.I hope Eomer will mend his ways before marrying Lothiriel.
Jaye chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Hi, I left this review once before but it never showed up.

There were nice moments in this (Eomer/Eowyn interaction, the growing camaraderie, Eomer's way of making Faramir welcome in the Riddermark), but Faramir's achievements were over the top. He had to save the drowning man *and* shoot a wolf bigger than any other *and* kill it with one perfect shot *and* bind the wounds *and* find the herbs *and* set up a camp *and* still beat everyone by an hour? And he also had to retrieve the horses, assuming he didn't carry the men to camp. Also, it didn't seem like Eomer to be rolling around with the innkeeper after deciding to woo Lothiriel.
Medea Smyke chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
LOL! That was hilarious! Very well-written. I would have loved to see Eowyn's face had she overheard the innkeeper, though. Thanks.
Lady Bluejay chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
I really enjoyed this. Can just imagine it happening, and the onion fight had be giggling into my keyboard. Well done. LBJ
Lialathuveril chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
I enjoyed this story and had to laugh at the way onions constantly popped up in it. And the customs you invented seem to fit in well with Tolkien's picture of the Mark.

Lia
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
...didn't you say that eomer was pursuing lothiriel by this point : )

i liked it. keep writing!
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
*giggles* Great story, I love how you portray the relationships between all the Riders, even the newest one! I don't blame the innkeeper for being disappointed, but if you can't have Faramir, Eomer makes a gorgeous substitute!
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
Oh, I just love this story - fun and gentle, but utterly credible in terms of the character of the Rohirrim and Faramir. I like the way Eomer is trying to ease Faramir's way in the Mark without bending the rules, and the mutual respect they have comes through naturally. I like the other Riders' response to Eomer's solemn mention of the unspoken rules; and their enthusiastic response to Faramir's refusal to risk his horse's well-being to win the race. And Faramir's not only beating them there, but helping out his young watchers and shooting a huge wolf - great touch!

I do hope Eowyn gets out of the kitchen before her now tattooed betrothed returns - I bet they'll have some serious celebrating to do in Meduseld.

The only problem is that you did not write me into the story, with camera in hand, to capture the sight of half-naked, then fully naked, Faramir and Eomer. That would have been of serious interest to watchers of Dunedain and Rohirrim!