Reviews for Choices
darcy13 chapter 5 . 7/13/2008
I love the last line of this chapter-"Red was suddenly my new favorite color." Perfect!

You wrote Edward very well-how that boy can torture himself! But, that's part of the reason we love him so much.

And Bella knew that at one point he'd blame himself and try to run. I thought what Emmett said to him was endearing.

You did a great job of showing how slowly timed moved for Edward during the three days of her transformation. It wasn't about the days, or even the hours, literarlly it was watching seconds go by. Terrific job.
darcy13 chapter 4 . 7/13/2008
I loved how protective Bella was of Edward-how her thoughts were consumed with Edward's looming pain, not her own. Her talk with Rosalie was particularly moving.

This was a very interesting moment-

"Edward pulled away, a drop of my blood still on his lips. I reached one suddenly awake finger up to his lips and delicately wiped it away. I looked at it before putting my finger to my own mouth, licking away my blood. I tasted the rust even through the haze."

Really interesting symbolism with that action of Bella's.

Enjoyed the fire and ice imagery.

And in the end she is aware of Edward's pain for the upcoming three days-not her own. This is absolutely Bella. That is exactly what would have been consuming Bella's thoughts.
darcy13 chapter 3 . 7/13/2008
I agree that Bella is a more difficult character to comprehend. She is so many things all at once-empathetic, self-sacrificing, ferocious, driven, witty, sarcastic, smart, determined. In many ways she's the lamb, but in a few ways she's the lion. She really is a dynamic character who I fear is not accurately portrayed in many stories where her character is built upon only one of her many complex character traits. You did a great job with this chapter. It's a very emotional moment for Bella. She's getting what she wanted, but yet, as with many things we know we want, she is aware of what realizing this dream will cost her. Isn't it that way with so many of our dreams in life? We want them, but there's always a price to pay-an opportunity cost as Edward tells Aro in Twilight. Bella's paying the opportunity cost now.
darcy13 chapter 2 . 7/13/2008
You do an amazing job with Edward's perspective. I loved reading this chapter. I adore being inside Edward's head (when it's done correctly). I agree-he is very angsty. If he were a singer he'd be right up there with those ultimate angsty boys of rock-Rob Thomas, Chris Martin, Johnny Resnick!
Emily Rai chapter 6 . 7/10/2008
So totally amazing, I simply love your stories!
gentlegroove chapter 6 . 7/10/2008
This was really beautiful, and I think the right length that it needed to be. Well done! :)
fyree chapter 6 . 7/9/2008
Wow. Just, wow. I absolutely loved this, it brought tears to my eyes on several occasions. You wrote everyone perfectly in character, and your story is so believable, it could very well pass for part of Breaking Dawn.

Wonderful job. I'll look out for more of your work :)
becca chapter 6 . 7/8/2008
I really enjoyed your story! I think the character portrayal stayed very true to canon, and was deftly and movingly handled. I think you definitely got into both Bella's and Edward's heads and very convincingly shared with your readers what they would be thinking and feeling at this time. My only complaint with the story is that its over too quickly- I'll look forward to your one-shots.
Twilightobsessor13 chapter 6 . 7/8/2008
Beautiful story! I loved it so much that I read it at least three times! Great job! Keep on writing! )
Twinkie Defense chapter 6 . 7/7/2008
Aw, lovely. I really enjoyed this story. :3
Twinkie Defense chapter 5 . 7/7/2008
Okay, first of all, this chapter does NOT suck! In fact, I got all choked up when Edward heard her last heartbeat. Second of all, I'm very excited about the next chapter, and all future chapters. Keep writing! :3
padfootly chapter 6 . 7/7/2008
As much as I'd love to see this story continued, I think you did an excellent job with what you had. You certainly can portray Edward very well, as well as Bella. I can't wait to see your future works. (:
padfootly chapter 5 . 7/7/2008
This chapter did not suck! It's hard writing this type of pain; Edward is such a reserved character, he's hard to crack.

I like that last sentence, "Red was suddenly my new favorite color."

Haha. (:
padfootly chapter 4 . 7/7/2008
Poor Edward. :( Bella not screaming will help him, though, a bit.

I don't have much to say - I've already said it three times. xD Well, four now, I guess.

Love the use of vocabulary & characterization. (:
padfootly chapter 3 . 7/7/2008
I know what you mean about having it hard writing from Bella's perspective. With my own story, I have the same problem with Edward.

But you're doing wonderfully! :) Again, I lovelovelove your vocabulary and writing.
146 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »