Reviews for Kokoroubourous
Serendipity1 chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
Oh, Aub, I love your imagery, I truly do. It's so vividly, tangibly potent, I can almost taste it when I read one of your stories. It makes them such rich, delightful reads that I want to sit there, savoring every turn of phrase like it's expensive, dark drinking chocolate. The key word here being 'dark', because this story sinks me into the shadowed imaginings of Leo's, (both child and adult,) mind, and it's a beautiful thing you have done here.

I enjoy all the motifery we have going on in this story, giving it all a transcendental, not-quite-earthly quality. Which is interesting, given that there is nothing quite so earth-binding to Leo as his intense connection to Raph, his twin. It evokes this strong sense of duality, flesh and spirit, that ties into the personalities and characters of Raph and Leo themselves. I loved the shared sympathy pains you have Leo going through when Raph is injected with the needle and the shared, mistaken memories he has. I find it interesting that even that shared pain from their closeness is, to Leo, an subtler, more subconscious method of controlling Raph and binding his brother to him: blurring his identity as an extension of himself and disregarding his individuality. Brava!
Sassyblondexoxo chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
I still don't know how you do it. Every WORD that you type...yeah, I'm speechless.

Love ANYTHING to do with WTL - I just read on your author page that there will be another. I scared my dog I shrieked so loud.

I especially enjoyed this because of my husband. He's an identical twin, and he and his brother are so close, they have the same thing happen. Their memories from childhood blur together sometimes, and I just laugh at them when they start arguing..."No, I was the one that hit the homerun in the 9th...No I was!" It's truly an incredible thing to witness, two people so much a part of each other. You completely and totally captured that.

LOVED IT.