Reviews for Picking Up the Pieces
Never Ending Nightmare chapter 26 . 4/18
Omg! I love/d this story! It's taken me forever to read, but I never stopped reading this! Thank you soooo much for writing this beautiful piece of work!
PolkaPox chapter 26 . 2/15
Awesome story! Thank you for making it :)
That was so awesome... but... what was the think in the arm of the recliner?
Cutegenius chapter 25 . 2/9
I wish he'd have had time to mention that there is a high probability that the drugs used on him are the same ones that he stole from the lab and are in his duffle bag... Also, LH's help would be awesome right about now...
Cutegenius chapter 23 . 2/9
I can understand Karai's motives. It's both about honor and revenge. Obviously she wants her revenge on the turtles herself; having someone else do it won't be nearly as satisfying. But also the way they are doing it is without honor (not that ninja's have much, using a spy or a plant to destroy your enemy from within is a great ninja strategy) Mostly because of what it has done to the most gentle and most intelligent turtle. Not knowing the full details of the drugs effects on Don, but knowing they did enough to weaken him, effect his mind and cause him to lose his ability to understand spoken language, she might think he's actually retarded now... and there is no honor in attacking the helpless and the weak. Only the cowardly prey on the disabled. As much as Karai hates the turtles and is loyal to the Shredder, she believes in glorious battle against worthy adversaries, and anything less is a disgrace to her clan and herself. But I'm pretty sure this is a one time get out of jail free card... she let them go only out of pity for the poor, confused and "crippled" turtle. The next time she comes across the stronger and clearly competent turtles, she will not be so merciful.

I'm guessing she's also just really pissed that someone went behind her back and/or against her orders.
Cutegenius chapter 20 . 2/9
So why isn't Leatherhead helping April with the tests and blood analysis? I mean, sure, an 8 foot mutant crocodile might not be the best thing to introduce a person with ptsd and amnesia to, but LH IS the one who cured Donnie when he went through the secondary mutation as well as developed the cure for the mutant virus that was plaguing the city! How come Donatello hasn't tried other forms of communication? He IS a genius, and there are more ways to communicate other than speaking or writing. Morse code for example. April's uncle is an adventurer who traveled the world, probably did a lot of sailing, you can't tell me she doesn't know morse code and that Donnie wouldn'tve have learnt it for fun. Heck, BINARY CODE! It's numbers and math! You've already stated that Donnie is able to at least recognize numbers when he fixed a miscalculation on the motorcycle schematics. April is a whiz at math (having previously worked in the field of advanced robotics and lets not forget those complicated equations on Her uncle Augie's artifact) Binary code is a language just like any other and can be effectively used to communicate more advanced terms than a game of charades. True, April would have to translate instead of Mikey, but at least Don would be able to effectively communicate everything clearly to his family and in turn, she could easily translate all their questions to him, word for word (well, minus Raph and Casey's accents) Plus, if April translates all her notes into binary code (it's mostly a series of 0's and 1's that total geeks and nerds love) then Donnie will be up to speed and can even write down his own hypothesis' for her to compare and explore on. Or, why hasn't he tried to re-learn the language? You proved that when he pointed to Mikey and said Orange that mikey accepted that whatever noise Don made what meant to reference him, and by Don pointing to himself and mimicking the word that Mikey had called him, even if it was unfamiliar to his ears, he was able to comprehend that word as being his name and would answer to it instead of being snapped at. Why didn't he do the same to his other brothers? In effect, why didn't he do a "me tarzan you jane" thing, and just repeat the sounds they made to voice their correct names, then go around the lair, point to things and have them tell him the words for him to repeat. If someone were to abduct you then drop you off in a foreign country where absolutely no one spoke a word of english, you would pick up at least a 3-4 year old's grasp of that country's language within a week out of sheer survival. I'm not trying to be flaming or nit picking, I just like to ask a lot of questions. I really do like how you are writing Donatello. I like the way you are writing his personality.
You are really good at writing Donatello as the smartass that he truly is without making him sound like a cold hearted asshole, and portraying his self doubts without making him sound like some whiney emo kid. You have written a well balanced and accurate Donatello.
Yup, now I'm crying. I hope you're happy.
Oh wow! I love how you write Raph x Don moments! He really is Don's guardian angel... a very, VERY angry angel...
Cutegenius chapter 12 . 2/9
OMG that RaphxDon moment just warmed my heart so much! 3
Cutegenius chapter 3 . 2/9
Awww... I like how instinctively the sight of Raph, er, "red" made him feel safe. I feel this odd urge to try to translate the odd language you are using. I've figured out that Mbc is Don... so does that mean that every MD, BO and every CN?
Cutegenius chapter 2 . 2/9
Oh no! Why can't he understand english? Please tell me April called the guys!
Cutegenius chapter 1 . 2/9
And THIS is why Splinter trains them so hard every day twice a day... MUSCLE MEMORY!
2000Aerobars chapter 24 . 1/31
GAH! Where's the rest?! NOOOOOOO. Come on buddy. I NEED MORE! I thought I was good at cliffies. Come on, there's gotta be a sequel. PLEASE!

Love it :D
2000Aerobars chapter 23 . 1/31
wow, this did go out with a bang XD

OMG OMG OMG! This is the best story I have ever read. This should be published! Honestly- this is awesome and it'll come in handy for my story. Seriously, this is like infinity out of 10 XD

And I forgot to mention, I love how much effort you put into this. The research, the amount of detail in simple things like their rooms and stuff. I'll be sad when this ends and I'm definitely looking to see if you have any more stories XD

And now for the finale... XD