Reviews for Picking Up the Pieces
CelandineGranger chapter 26 . 7/3
Wonderful story! I loved all the sweet brotherly feels in this - especially the moments between Raph and Donnie. Great job! I loved it!
pollielobster chapter 5 . 5/14
I love this story...but you haven't given your audience ANY help in figuring out this gibberish. (
Not everybody has the ability to figure out stuff like this. I'm not one of those people.
I'm at chapter 5, and I'm pretty sure this story would be sooo much more enjoyable than it already is if I knew what everyone was trying to say to each other.

Can you tell me PLEASE?! I really want to continue reading this, but I've tried to find clues to it in the comments with no luck other than users saying they figured it out but not saying HOW. Gonna have to stop reading altogether. (
Just skipping over all of it is disappointing me too much.
Pancakes chapter 24 . 5/7
Hey, I made a translator for donnie's Gibberish :) You might want to consider posting it somewhere for people too lazy to find the translation in the review "(like me! lol
/DonniesGibberish
Lynnxrider chapter 4 . 5/5
haha this is actually pretty fun once you learn the code
Holy banana! This was INCREDIBLE! FANTASTIC! Just SUPERB! I don't really feel like I've got the words to describe just how awesome this story is!

The plot and ideas were just so amazing. I've not read anything else of a similar theme (or at least nothing else written so well). All your events were so well thought out and you did an amazing job of tying up all the different ends to the story. And it was so compelling - I started reading and couldn't stop! The whole story just gripped me! I loved it!

And your style of writing! I mean, besides the fact that your grammar was brilliant, and there were minimal spelling errors, the writing style used was a charm to read. I really enjoyed your use of POV and how the flow and narration really reflected Don's state of mind. Really, it was just fabulous.

Definitely this is going on to my favourites list! Looking forward to reading more of your fabulous work! Thanks so much for all the effort and time you must have put into this. It was a treat to read.
I like how you show Karai's sense of Honor in this. She's not the turtle's biggest fan, they are the enemy of the Foot clan and she still owes them a good shell kicking for what they did to her Father, but there is a time and place for everything. There is no glory to be held in defeating an enemy that is in such a pitiful state- Donatello couldn't understand a word she said, and she probably thought that maybe he didn't even know who she was; what is the point of ending your foe's life if he does not know who's sword is pointed at his throat? There is no honor in killing someone who is helpless (Don's wrist and ribs are injured, his head is still messed up, he may not be helpless but he's hardly in top form either) Plus right now, as leader of the Foot Clan, Karai has more important matters to deal with, like insubordination. Since she is the Leader, the Turtle's are HER prey, and going after them behind her back is the same as disrespecting her authority. I like that, some authors write her as some insane, vengeful raging bi**h that is willing to burn the whole city to the ground to torture the turtles. She might plan on destroying them, but she will do it using the code of honor and the principles that she lives her life by, she hates them, but she's classy about it. I would love to see more of Saka's notes. Poor Donnie, but he shouldn't feel too bad- "weak" is NOT the most humiliating description Saka could have written about him; "Small/scrawny compared to others, wears purple, carries bag/purse? Is overly protected by others. Possibly female?" *hey that's not fair, purple doesn't necessarily mean feminine- for all you know he could just be gay- (WHACK!) Ow! What? Don't be a homophobe!* In all seriousness though, I think April's hands would cramp if she had to type up one of Leo's lectures.
Don complaining when Raph carried him over his shoulders reminded me of the Movie Shrek where Shrek says he's not a messenger boy he's a delivery boy and Princess Fiona is complaining about how it is not dignified as she is carried like a sack of potatoes. Yes I did just compare Donatello to a Princess. After all his bros have been carrying him like a bride over the threshold, I think they may have to change his name to Donatella once he gets better, just to drive the point home that he should never wander off to the junkyard again.
Dunno why Donnie would be embarrassed about jumping in the shower with Raph other than maybe being embarrassed about setting himself on fire. I always assumed they had a large communal shower like the kind at a gym with multiple shower heads so they could all shower at once, that way there wouldn't be any fighting over who gets to use the bathroom first after a sweaty workout in the dojo or a trip to the junkyard. They are turtles after all, and it's not as if their masks, belts, knees and elbow pads cover anything, there is nothing that you would see in the shower that they don't see everyday anyway, unless Raph was taking Mr. Hand for a walk while he was in the shower. I imagine trying to put out a fire on your head with the same water your bro is trying to use to wash his splooge down the drain with while taking care of a woody would be very embarrassing.
I love this, Raph is the best big bro ever.
The bo is a lot like Donatello, it is not just a staff, it is a multi-purpose tool, just as Donatello is a turtle of many talents
I love how when he finally realizes that the room is his, rather than looking for photographs or journals or sentimental trinkets that might trigger a memory or give him some clue to his identity, he decides to play with chemicals just to see what the heck they do.
Someone needs to draw a pic of Raph carrying Donny Bridal style to the couch, lol!
jadedolphin chapter 9 . 2/19
I don't know who I'm more annoyed with right now, you or myself. I'm such an idiot that it took me up to this chapter to even figure out the code for what anyone was saying, and then it took me nearly an hour to translate the entire chapter! Not only that, I'm actually planning to go back to the beginning to try and figure out what everyone has been saying since Don was rescued. I must be a glutton for punishment or something!

Anyway, mini-rant over now :) I'm really enjoying this story so far, and I think it was really creative of you to encode this gibberish language into it, it must have started driving you a little crazy when writing it. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the story.
Valana chapter 26 . 2/4
Great story like how you end it :)
G chapter 1 . 1/13
Once again I'm back to read this. My ultimate favorite fic, the thing that got me hooked on tmnt forever. Thank you SO much for writing this. I can only hope you one day put this up to ao3 too, because then I could copy down the fic just to make sure it never disappears out of my life. *hugs it close* I love this fic. I love u for writing it. aaah