Reviews for A God Among Men
artemisartemis chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
OMG...I LOVED it!1! 3
NeverOkayIPromise chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
Fantastic! The last lines were the best in the whole thing "Because where I'm going... I will be a God." Love the way you write Bella x
Alex chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
? I know JKR herself messed up her own timelines more than once but this one she actually didn't contradict again: Bellatrix Lestrange canonically tortured the Longbottoms into insanity in the week AFTER Voldemort vanished on Halloween 1981! So just how would he order her to kill them and then punish her for her failure post-disintegrating for years?

And I have a really hard time to see Bellatrix remorseful over killing someone, let alone an enemy - or avoiding to kill someone: she was gleeful when she got cousin Sirius while he clowned around during their fight; haughty, self-righteous and completely assured of her "values" and actions during her trial 1981; had no problems - read ENJOYED - to hold children under Cruciatus; thought Narcissa should be glad and PROUD to sacrifice her sole child to Voldemort even if nephew Draco died - and is clearly clinically insane. And very likely has been most of her life from what we saw, with a minimum antisocial personality disorder even before Azkaban...

So this really didn't work for me. I've read other dark Bella-sympathetic/-examining stories that kept her in character or that focussed on a believable attachment to someone or something.

Also: 37 years of her life before killing the first time and Sirius was supposed to be that first victim? In that case Bella would have been older than 37: she is something like 7 years older than the Marauder/Snape-generation who were born around 1960, and were thus around 35 during OotP which plays out in 1995/96. Bella must have been more in Malfoy seniors age who was 41 at the time...

And Molly Weasley, one of the least intellectual/scholarly/self-examining women in the HP-world imaginable, quoting philosophers? Let alone Muggle ones when we heard her disdain for and ignorance of Muggles and their inventions often enough in canon (no, she doesn't want to kill them obviously but she clearly doesn't like them or sees intereest in what they do)? Oh my! That IS funny.
CrazyAlwaysClueNever chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
shivering good
XxMemories4everxX chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
great story!
SaRaPiE chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
that wasn't wat i xpected it to be (not that it was bad) it was actually betetr than i thought i normally don't read stuff like that maybe i'll give it a try now