Reviews for Lights and Music
weartheseshorts chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
Should I stress how much I love you? Haha. These were so excellently written, the subtle and not so subtle. Brace yourself for a heck of a review.

I was engrossed with this collection as soon as I was finished with "Chasing Pavements." I've always liked the idea of Helga being sick and tired of loving Arnold, even though she cannot help it. You brought forth her frustration so well...

"Always Be" appealed to me probably the most, and it could very well be because Jimmy Eat World is my favorite band. Paha. It captured the Helga-Arnold dynamic in the show perfectly in one little scenario.

I had to listen to "Hush" after reading that third ficlet. I had to, after reading those lyrics, and reading the frustration in Helga's thoughts and words. Entirely fitting.

Oh, Brainy. He's always had it the hardest, I believe, in the show; for some reason, the fandom acknowledges this, but still, not many give him credit (I include myself in that respect). However, the way you interpreted him in "Some Guys Have All the Luck" just felt so... canon. You just wrote him so well.

"Be Ok" is the one running the race with "Always Be" for contender, but for different reasons. While the second ficlet won my heart with the way you captured the canon relationship of A/H wonderfully, this one was a perfect way to, not necessarily *close* their relationship, but bring a sense of open-ended finality (oxymoron, anyone?), giving Helga that boost in the end.

I love, love, love "Always Love." Paha. And I loved this one just as much. Helga and Olga have such a dynamic, and Helga's take on their relationship is so funny.

"How I Could Just Kill a Man"... Wow. Can I just giggle for a moment? I love her mind. It completely parallels the tone of the song so wonderfully.

I admit, I had to reread "Change For You" several times. The way Rhonda's voice transformed from beginning to end was done so effortlessly. By the time I read "nothing of advantage," I had sucked in a breath of air that I simply couldn't let go until I read that last word.

"Shake It" was just so fun and fitting, and I love it. It was almost like a prelude to the resolution "Hands On Me" presented. The last one was a great way to wrap it up, even though, knowing that these were random, it was probably unintentional. You go from Helga's desire to end to her never ending desire.

All of these ficlets were adventures, so to speak. They were so impressive, especially since you wrote them all within the song span! I'm so jealous of your talent, but of course, I'll have to try to imitate it on my own time, if it's okay for me to do this sort of thing as well. Loved these.

that's me

ahhelga

aka Pauline
mizgardenia21 chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
I def loved number 5...I like the idea that if Helga ever moved on from Arnold that she wouldn't completely lose it but she'd be ok :D I also love the song.
Vinyaya chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
Yay! This looks like so much fun to do? Is it over or can people still do it? Because I wanna do it! Hey, is this where you got the idea for Roses? The drabble itself is so awesome! Everything is so awesome!
Jae B chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
You did fine. I haven't written a songfic in ages, but I'm working on other original projects right now. Keep up the great work and never stop writing.

-Jae-
Lena chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
This was awesome! And I adored #7. I had to re-read it to make sure I was on the same page. Awesome Job! Keep it up.

-Lena (Toni America)
Nightglider-star chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
You know, irefox sucks for not letting me log in. ANYWAY I'm running out of your fanfics, and I wanna read more Arnold Helga. GIVE ME ARNOLD HELGA FANFIC OR GIVE ME LIBERTY!

...I'm not in the right state of mind right now. Srsly. _

_
Shahrezad1 chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
Great job! Especially working against the timer. And I don't think that's cheating-I went back to add lyrics and fix spelling mistakes as well, so it's no biggie.

These are all really evocative and descriptive. The storylines vary so that each one is a fun little adventure, and more than a few are real surprises.

"How I Could Just Kill a Man" shocked me the most, I can say that with complete sincerity. *laughs* And my favorites were probably "Shake It" "Hush" and "Always Be". Great job on them all, though. _
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
Awesome job. Some had very twisted endings.

My favorite was the trophies' one.

Keep the good writing.
Kaydance chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
Heh. Awesome! I loved 1, 3, 5, 7 (Haha. Who DOESN'T occasionally get the sugar and arsenic mixed up? Such an innocent mistake. xD), and 10, but they were all amazing. )
Sapphyre Snow chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
Oh my!...number seven *gasp* number seven *gasp, pant*...um...wow! It is deliciously evil! And totally Helga! She would do that! Haha, just kidding...anyway, I shouldn't have tagged you...you did too well, now I feel as though I should delete mine...but I won't cause than everyone would realize that my shorts were terrible...so maybe I'll copy you and add song lyrics, 'cause it's true someone might not know what's going on! Will you be offended if I copy you? You will be? Oh, well, I don't care jk! Lol...anyway, why are you so good at writing? *sigh* if only I could be like Pointy Objects... ;) ;)
the amazing finn chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
Ooh I love all these mini songfics! What an awesome challenge . . . I'm getting to ready to post my own addition right now!

I really liked all of yours-it's amazing what can be said or alluded to in even just a few short minutes at the keyboard.

I think my favorites were 2 and 7 . . . two because it perfectly encapsulates Helga & Arnold's realtionship ("some things never change"-haha, gotta love it). And 7 because, well, it was just too deliciously creepy and evil. So unexpected and wrong in the best way.