Reviews for Penance
SweetieLove chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
So meaningful!

You left me awestruck again,Kuruk! And no spelling errors this time around. But take note that some sentences became choppy and it was better if you made more takes on their divorce. Over all, it was realy good.. XD
lazyASshika chapter 1 . 4/24/2009

I do somewhat agree with Gray falling love with Claire do to her looks agaisnt Mary's, i mean mary... kinda loks scary loking in her sprite [like not when you talk to her lol]

But for others, claires personality in other fics are prolly another factor on why gray chooses her. but anyway

This fic was just great. really. Gray's feelings were...wonderful. they were. When he realizs that Mary was perfect and he could see past Claire's beauty and into Mary's kindness and such.
harvestmoonrox chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
AW! HOW SAD! Geez, a lot of people are into Kairy! What about Kaiuri? Or Popai or... WHATEVER it's supposed to be. KaixPouri. Dude, I don't like the idea of Kairy! What about...-thinks- Mariff or Cliry? (MaryxCliff) SOMETHING OTHER THAN KAIRY!
StarrNight chapter 1 . 6/27/2008

*attacks Kuruk with a hug*

Has Starry told you lately that she loves you?

If not, I'll tell you again.

I love you.

Your use of the Graire cliche was refreshing and inspiring to those girls (like myself) who are most certainly not blessed with amazingly fabulous looks and can only read romance novels to fulfill our yearning for love.
HarvestMoonGlows chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
-prays like she's in a cult- Suffer Gray, suffer Gray... -notices you- O_O Oh dear! -hides stuff- Ahem, you didn't see that... _;;

Yeah, I have issues from all the fics I've read involving Gray/Claire, lol. I'm sure you know that by now.

Anyway, This both fills my daily dose of hate for him and it gives Mary her own happy ending. And it sadly shows how things can change quickly between people, friends or otherwise, as stated by Mary. I love it.

Kai had better treat her well~ _~ Now... on to the next fic!
DragonDamsel chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
You're right and this fic is very realistic. I really like the 'shallow' Claire and Gray. I personally find it unfair to make Claire a bitch just because the story is Gray x Mary, while in this fic both Claire and Gray happen to be shallow, something we all tend to be without realizing it. I also like how you made Gray realize that Mary is not going to wait and become Gray's second choice, and show Gray that Mary could indeed move on without him. That's why I find this fic to be realistic and angst just like the genre. *fav*
Jean Cooper chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
Yes! Another writer converted to the Kairy XD

Honestly, I thought it was wonderful. I was very realistic, and unfortunately things similar to this happen a lot in real life v.v. I have several friends that found themselves in similar situations. But I think that it was amazing, and it made me feel...angsty.

Honestly, though this is not much to do with the story, I've always thought Mary deserved better. That's why my favorite Jack pairing is with her...*cough* anyways, I like it a lot, and this is a fav.
The Scarlet Sky chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
Oh, Kuruk...the emotion in this was excellent. We never really know what we're leaving behind until it's gone...and this was a lovely example of that. I just wish Gray could have noticed his mistake earlier, but it's his penance, as you said. I do love Mary in this one, though; she's so perfect. Excellent work, Kuruk, and I can't help but notice the irony in the ending...who was actually left behind. Lovely.
Authors Note1 chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
I was afraid to read this honestly. I live Grary fic's 'When they all live happily ever after' . I'm naive like that I guess... But, Gray got what he desierved. He ditched the smart, kind- hearted- pretty- libriarian for the other girl that was 'so amazingly beautiful.' Their relationship tanked, and Mary moved on.