Reviews for Holding the Line
Lion in the Land chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
It's been a wHile since I've been to this site, and my goodness, it's like the gestapo has come to town just to log in. Anyhow, I was hankering for your writing and it suddenly hit me that there are stories here yet unexplored. ;)

And apparently I'm feeling a bit morose, because this is where I landed. ;p I like this piece very much. Such a touching and realistic tribute to the Hellsing soldiers - and all the guys out there in uniform in real life. The song was absolutely perfect! I'm going out on a limb (not really) and guessing it was the Johnny Cash cover you were thinking of, but have you heard Tom Petty sing it? Have we never talked about Petty?

-Lila
PhoenixWytch chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
*sniffles* They really are brave souls. They deserve some recognition for what they do.

Thank you for writing.
Lara chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
I cannot even articulate how potently painful, and complex and gorgeous and amazing this is. There's something utterly heartbreaking about the soldier death and his last words

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic job.
Drackner Clawrus chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
Very sad... but very well done for a oneshot, then again no more than expected from one of your fics. 10/10 once again.
FakeCompassion chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
Very Good. Those guys deffinatly deserve respect. An awesome song too.
Agent HUNK chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
That was pretty good. Dark and realistic, plus it puts names to the faces we often see playing host to expressions of terror and pain. Nice...

Personally, I would have prefered if Fletcher lived... She could just happen upon him, sitting against a wall, an empty handgun in his hand. The man who ran would be sprawled out in front of him, a bullet wound in his ghoulish face. "I held the line, Ma'am..." he would say, dead to the world. "No... We held the line."

-Agent HUNK
typicalRAinbow chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
so true they never get enough attension realy. great story
SakuU chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
I AGREE WITH KAWAIIKITTYCHAN ABOUT THE DETAILS! AND I'M GLAD THAT YOU DID A TRIBUTE TO THE HELLSING SOLDIERS. THEY DESEVE(sp?) IT! ALL IN ALL IT WAS GREAT! THOUGH I'M ALITTLE SAD NO ONE MADE. THE HELLSING SOLDIERS REALLY DESEVE IT BECUASE WITHOUT THEM HELLSING WOULD BE IN CHAOS WITH ONLY ALUCARD AND SERAS AROUND!.
KawaiiKittyChan chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
Wow, This is really good. In the beginning I was wondering if I even wanted to read it but I'm glad I did. The detail is impressive. Usually I only read romantic fictions but this was a good change. Hail to the soldiers.