Reviews for Run that by me again?
buxy chapter 10 . 10/6
Another great chapter. The argument that somebody whose success depends on going unnoticed wouldn't go out of his way to be such a horrid person is really the crux of the matter. But yes, they're eleven and kids don't always think rationally and all that...

Loved the line about Harry seeming rather upset that he didn't get to rush headlong into certain death. The longer I think about his hero complex and constant insistence that he has to do "it" (protect the stone, save Sirius, fight Voldemort etc.), the more annoyed I get with it. Sure, I get it, he doesn't want his friends to get hurt, but all I can think about is that he doesn't think them capable of judging the situation and making a decision for themselves...
buxy chapter 9 . 10/6
Oooh, what a great chapter! I always roll my eyes at that scene in the book (and the movie), so I love your spin on it. If Harry had only used his brain for a moment there instead of just yelling and blurting out what he knew would be ill-received, maybe a lot of things would have turned out quite differently
buxy chapter 8 . 10/6
You know, my favourite part about this chapter is how Hermione doesn't even pause when Ron demands she name one Slytherin that isn't evil. I'm not a Slytherin, but it always bugged me that everyone seemed convinced that the entire house was evil just because a handful of idiots were there.

Again, I don't have too many thoughts on this chapter, but I liked it. It's so refreshing to see common sense and rational thinking :) God knows they are rare qualities nowadays...
buxy chapter 7 . 10/4
I don't have many thoughts on this chapter. I liked it, especially that Lupin's constant "I'm a werewolf, I'm a danger to all of humanity, I'm a burden to everyone, you shouldn't even like me" gets straightened out. And that he is made to see reason because I'm sure Tonks would not be amused if he just left her.
buxy chapter 6 . 10/4
Again, great chapter. Harry really can be a bit of an idiot when it comes to things like these. Luckily, he has Hermoine to snap him out of his Wizard Moments :)

What I do find intriguing though is her use of "Oy vey". To my knowledge, that is a Yiddish expression. Or is it used in English as well? I know that German has practically the same expression (Oh weh), which isn't surprising since Yiddish is closely related to German... Anyways, just found it interesting.

You know, I understand that Molly is protective of her kids and all, but I just can't stand that woman. She treated Sirius like crap, she constantly berated the twins for their dream carreer and she's just so unpleasant with her screeching and yelling at everyone who doesn't do what she says or wants... Sorry, rant over.
buxy chapter 5 . 10/4
Another fantastic chapter. It always bugged my why people were freaking out about somebody speaking a rare language. And what a beautiful piece of logical reasoning about whether or not and to what extent Harry hates Muggles and/or Muggle-borns. Truly a masterpiece :)

When I first read The Chamber of Secrets, I couldn't have been more than nine or ten. And even then I found it very odd that everybody seemed to be so taken with Lockhart because I hated him from the moment he appeared in the book. Maybe that has to do with the fact that I physically cringed when he dragged Harry into the limelight in Florish and Blotts... But that's beside the point. It's really weird that everyone (except for McGonagall probably) was head over heels for the idiot.
buxy chapter 4 . 10/4
Okay, so I'm royally confused about this soul bonds thing, but never mind that. Really like Hermoine's logic here and I have to applaud her patience and self-restraint. I would have probably smacked the foolish boy upside the head three minutes into the conversation...

I have to agree with Hermoine, Fred and George could never be as distracting and painful as a bad romance novel. I don't know Nora Roberts, but my best friend hates her with a passion and she generally likes romance novels, so I guess that's a pretty good indicator :)
buxy chapter 3 . 10/4
Absolutely great chapter, loved every bit of it. Especially the way Harry and Hermoine help get each other back on track. I really like how you write Snape, it's brilliant. And I couldn't help but laugh when Hermoine's proof as to why Harry didn't put his name in was that the writing was legible. Perfect!
buxy chapter 2 . 10/4
So, me again :) I liked this chapter, but I have to admit it wasn't as engaging as the last one. Though I did enjoy Hermoine using the term Wizard Moment, that is really a perfect fit. Great that you used regular psychology along with logic, though I think that going through all the definitions and symptoms was what made this chapter a bit too long and slow-paced for my taste. It's still good though and I'm already curious about the next chapter :)
buxy chapter 1 . 10/4
Hi, so I just came across this story of yours and I am already hooked! I couldn't stop laughing at the mental image of Harry and Hermoine just decimating wizarding logic - or the lack thereof. It's absolutely brilliant.
fridelain chapter 20 . 9/9
Harry fails to mention a rat is not an allowed pet. The Hogwarts letter allows for a toad OR a cat OR an owl. Presumably because they don't eat each other.

... do owls eat toads IRL? They do eat mice, they might rats on a pinch. Then again IRL owls don't deliver mail.
fridelain chapter 7 . 9/9
While we are being logical: Why doesn't he (Harry) _Reparo_ the mirror shards?
fridelain chapter 1 . 9/9
If only...
Alternative Title: "How Harry Potter Brought Down the House Points System".

...What the hell did he give them 837 points for? Has the entire house of Gryffindor showed up to stop Quirrelmort at the end of the year?
God, YES, THIS! What's a diary for? Writing in it. What's a locket for? Wearing it. WHY IN THE FLYING FUCK WOULD YOU WEAR A HORCRUX LOCKET YOU BRAINDEAD PUNKS?!
1,990 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »