Reviews for Run that by me again?
Oxnate chapter 5 . 11/26/2016
Regarding Lockhart. As presented in the books, it's horribly disturbing. All (or almost all) the females seemed to be in love/lust for him. The encompassing nature of the phenomenon points to some sort of spell or something. Worse, he has all these teen and preteen girls lusting after him and what is the one spell he's mastered? Memory modification. Those things are technically just circumstantial evidence. But I firmly believe that he was taking advantage of his position.

To me, Lockhart is worse than all the other DADA professors in all the books combined.
Concolor44 chapter 6 . 10/26/2016
Oh, Lord, yes! If only it had fallen out that way.
Concolor44 chapter 5 . 10/25/2016
Lockhart is my second-most-hated non-Death Eater character, after Umbridge (who is arguably the most dis-likable character in modern literature).
Concolor44 chapter 4 . 10/25/2016
Eesh. I'd like to think he's smarter than that, but several (SEVERAL) instances from canon would indicate otherwise. Harry's capacity for making bad decisions is actually one of the things that irked me most while reading the series.
Anonymously chapter 20 . 10/23/2016
I agree with the points harry was telling both of them. They are both at fault for that situation, they both let their pets run wild and they thought the inevitable happened the cat ate the rat. I can understand having your pet dying is a sad thing, but the way harry and Ron handled the situation in the book was quite wrong, i can understand Ron not talking to her for awhile, but harry? he should have been there for her as well instead of taking Ron's side and following his example of not talking to her or hanging out with her. With the broom yes she should have told harry first that she thought that Sirius (who she thought was out to kill harry) sent it and she was getting a professor, but i also understand why she did it. When she saw that it was sent anonymously she may have forgot to say something when she was leaving to get their head of house.
Concolor44 chapter 2 . 10/25/2016
All valid points. Voldy just needed killing.
Guest chapter 13 . 10/7/2016
Thank you! -applauds- Everything you wrote in here is why I can't stand reading this type of time travel stories.
Guest chapter 10 . 10/7/2016
I am adoring this series! This, this is why I struggled through the books. I hate illogical things and people who are so blatantly lack any sense of logic make me annoyed faster than anything else. I was pretty young when I first started reading the books and I still paused multiple times each book to calm myself down because of how stupid or illogical the supposed powerful, smart, and strong adults in charge were. I could excuse it for the younger kids in some instances, but I was calling Dumbledore stupid by the end of the first book because of a few things you brought up in here. By the end of the series I came to the conclusion that the only logical explanation for Dumbledore's actions was he had to have been callous, manipulative, a control freak, paranoid, power hungry, and he had to have everything follow only his plans simply for the fact they were his. Otherwise, he was just stupid, and you've pointed out that would have been a death sentence for everyone.

Anyways, I'm off topic. I just really love seeing some of the things I thought written out here and also realising there were a few illogical choices made that I missed. I've really needed a smile for a while, so thanks for sharing this series!

Oh, I also don't dislike Snape, but I do think he got the short end of stick in a lot of situations. I also actively dislike the mauraders as I deplore bullies. I know how damaging being harassed, publicly embarrassed, and degraded constantly by your peers can be. Especially in your formative/teenage years. It's nice that you didn't just summarily disregard that. I like Sirius as an adult and found him charming, but he was still childish and steadfast in his beliefs even if they were wrong. You can like someone and not agree with everything they do or like absolutely everything about them. Some people don't understand that.

So, awesome series!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/7/2016
I love it! Muggle logic rules.
BlazeStryker chapter 18 . 9/26/2016
I want to see a follow-up ficlet of that points awarding business.

By the time he was done, Snape would have been stunned trying to kill the Headmaster with his bare hands and even Hagrid would be facepalming.
BlazeStryker chapter 6 . 9/26/2016
"Actually, I just didn't want to suffer a second go at what they did to my Undersecretary. No man would."-Former Minister for Magic Cornelius Fudge, in his autobiography, *Being Seen*.
BlazeStryker chapter 3 . 9/26/2016
Well, at least Tom can practice his Charlie Brown impressions.

"...I got a rock."
jon reeve chapter 1 . 9/7/2016
Does anyone have a c2 with stories like these? Granted, some people's logic are worse than the characters, but it'd probably be worth it to slog through a few to find gems like these.

Snape froze. "You're right, I did bring some. I'd forgotten in all the excitement, but…Here," he thrust a smoking goblet at Remus, who took it gratefully.

Lol. Rowling could have written that in.
RHJunior chapter 10 . 8/26/2016
That's what makes Snape worthless as a spy- for either side. He's supposedly a double agent, which means convincing Voldemort that he's spying for HIM, when in reality he's spying for the Order... but one does not become a successful infiltrator by behaving in a manner that automatically makes everyone fear, hate, mistrust and despise him.

It also makes hash of the claim that Snape behaves like an evil git in order to maintain his cover. "Oh I must be hateful to small children and show favoritism to Slytherin or my cover with the Death Eaters will be blown..."

At which point Voldemort goes "Idiot, you're supposed to get CLOSE to my enemies and INGRATIATE yourself with them, not make them hate you on sight! You're SABOTAGING any espionage efforts! Crucio!"

Not that we see Snape produce any USEFUL intel at any point anyway. All his bulletins were probably variations of "Voldemort wants to kill Harry, and he crucio'd a bunch of people 'cause he's pissed."
RHJunior chapter 2 . 8/26/2016
The 'almost fed to a werewolf' thing... it really does sort of sound like one of those stories where a lot of relevant detail was left out. Snape and the Marauders were pretty much mortal enemies back then. The real question is: what EXACTLY happened back then? Word for word?
We don't know, but we can guess from the details given. Let's review.

1)Snape is an evil git as an adult. He torments little children so horribly that he is literally one schoolchild's WORST FEAR. And if this is what he's like as a supposedly mature ADULT, he must've been some piece of work as a teenager. Everyone assumes that Snape and the Marauders only targeted each other, but that's unlikely. Adult Snape torments little kids; more than likely Teen Snape tormented firsties for his own amusement. And he did join the Death Eathers right out of school, after all.

2.)He hated the Marauders bad enough that he wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. The only possible reason he would speak to them is that he thought he had one over on them.

3.) Remus' condition was obviously a carefully husbanded secret; Considering how werewolves are treated in the wizarding world it in Harry's time, back then it probably could have meant horrible things for Remus, Remus' family, etc. And Snape would be just vicious enough to disclose Remus' secret to the school, consequences be damned.

My supposition: Snape had already figured it out (c'mon, once a month on the full moon? Phone it in already.) He confronts Sirius and drops hints that he knows, trying to connive more damning proof out of him.

Rightfully suspecting that Snape intends to get solid proof in order to rat Remus out, a pissed off Sirius flips Snape the bird and defiantly tells him to "go to the Shrieking Shack through the Whomping Willow and find out for yourself." It's a bluff; he never even dreams that Snape would have the audacity- or idiocy- to actually go look. But Snape really is that ruthless and that stupid...

And keep in mind that, considering how werewolves are treated in the wizarding world, Snape was basically threatening Remus' LIFE. Somewhere in the back of Sirius' mind had to be the thought that if Snape got infected, or eaten, well then, problem solved...

And thus James has to save the vicious little idiot from himself.
1,954 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »