Reviews for The OTHER Lays of Beleriand
Archet chapter 8 . 6/23/2013
Oh, Gildor, Gildor. What are we going to do with you?

Awesome job!
Archet chapter 5 . 6/23/2013
Geez, Hurin, cheer up a little! You were better off than your son at least. Okay, maybe we can cut you some slack when it comes to Morgoth. I suppose.

There is a reason I am not an elf. I guess it wasn't meant to be.
Or Hurin. There's a reason I'm not Hurin.
...or Turin or Aragorn or Tuor or EƤrendil or Beren or any other human/elf/spider or whatever appearing in Middle Earth.

I'm just not quite that cool.
I think you might've managed it though :)
Archet chapter 3 . 6/23/2013
Yeah- just blame Gildor for it :) I'm sure he won't mind: at least he's getting mentioned.
Well, he'll mind when Sauron attempts (yes, attempts, because not even Sauron is might enough to kill Gildor) to murder him.

Poor Gildor.
Queen of the Skye chapter 8 . 4/18/2011
These are great. The first was probably my favorite, though the little bit about Finduilas's hair was also awesome. Your rhyming poetry is far more impressive than mine shall ever be.
Clodia chapter 8 . 4/17/2010
Oh, I like these! That epigram on Finduilas' hair is particularly neat. Thank you!
blindrain chapter 8 . 4/17/2010
The first is good.

The second is...funny. ;-)

The third is great. Kinda melancholy, but great.

Good Job!

FireFly07 chapter 8 . 4/16/2010
Hm, I liked the serious one actually :) He seems so sad and desperate...

*imagining Gildor writing about Finduilas*
ellfine chapter 8 . 4/16/2010
I like the serious poem the best. Very poignant. The hair one was funny.
lackam chapter 8 . 4/16/2010
I finally broke down and read these. They are highly ammusing. Keep them up. One question though-at one point you say Gildor wrote them, then all of a sudden they are Lindir's. Who is writing them?
Ellfine chapter 7 . 4/11/2010
I bet the makeshift dungeon was rather overcrowded. Serves the sons of Feanor right, too! Nyah!

Enjoying this little series immensely. Keep up the good work!
blindrain chapter 7 . 4/11/2010

That's a good one.

Hope you get the next one up...soon.
FireFly07 chapter 7 . 4/11/2010
Hm, nice one. What I like about the first part is the sadness and guilt, especially the one about them feasting around while Finrod is held captive. I like the last part; how it can really convince people that they WILL be victorious, they will fight for what they know to be right, and they will bring back justice with their actions.
Araloth the Random chapter 7 . 4/11/2010
I loved this poem! And I *can* imagine that Celegorm and Curufin wouldn't have liked to hear it being sung during their rule.

FireFly07 chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
Great work on those lays! They really made me crack up (the funny ones, at least.) I'll be tearing through your profile soon, looking for more of this awesomeness...
frodogenic chapter 6 . 1/14/2010
You know, usually when I see something labeled poetry I run screaming, but for some reason which totally eludes me I decided to give this collection a try and was pleasantly surprised. Nice job! Quite entertaining. The first one and the sixth one are handily my favorites. :)