Reviews for Purgatory
Josie chapter 21 . 6/19
Wow! There is not much more to say. This is canon for me. I've read and enjoyed quite a bit of fan fiction but it rarely grips me like this did. You did a wonderful job with description and building suspense! I also loved the OCs! I agree with another reviewer that they were exceptionally fleshed out. I kept forgetting I couldn't look up Sal on wookiepedia. You have the stuff to write your own novel. I hope you do. Please let us know in your bio if you decide too! I'd love to read it. I've read this story twice now. Just fantastic, I had to let you know!
Jadaerys chapter 20 . 5/12
Ahhmn, hello Helen. Where do I read the steamy lovin? And do you still plan on finishing the sequel to purgatory?

This is actually the fourth time that I've read this, it's one of my top 5.

I'm praying that'll continue the sequel. thanks for writing and sharing purgatory to us.
yeratimelord-katniss chapter 21 . 5/8
I am so happy I discovered this jewel. I read the whole thing in less then two days. I don't know how you managed to write a fic that had me in agony till the last chapter and then gave me all I wanted and more! (I mean, drunk Anakin and Obi-Wan singing a duet- what could possibly beat that?) Just, thank you so much for this masterpiece.
P.S.
I think you should consider writing an original story- I'm certanly seeing this fic as canon.
EmeraldWings90 chapter 20 . 3/13
By the way, I got such a kick out of Lorne. One again he had his hands full with a redemptive hero... Wonder how he got there? :D
EmeraldWings90 chapter 21 . 3/13
This fic was beyond awesome. (Even if the horror of the third world was almost too much for me to read.) This is what I want for Anakin in his afterlife, really, cause he does not deserve to have it easy, but he does deserve a second chance with a happy end, if he really can use all he went through to be the best that he can. And he could, and it was awesome to witness. This is an Anakin that I both love *and* like, which for me is difficult with the canon version, cause the potential for this is there, but he never really gets it while alive. ...I'm not making all that much sense. I just... I loved this, and it rang true in a way few fics do.
chinkyandproud2b chapter 21 . 3/9
This was so great yes if you could send the link to the non PG version it would be greatly appreciated. This was such an amazing story.
W.Blackbird chapter 20 . 2/24
Hi!
Great characters, and great chemistry between Anakin and Padme. Honestly. you made me cry. (Which is a good thing.) I even cried on my second time reading it.
Also could you send me the link to the adult version please?
Thanks. :)
HHSkywalker chapter 1 . 2/16
I am so in love with this impeccable story and your sophisticated writing style! You painted pictures in my mind that seemed so real that it felt like I was in the story myself, which is a difficult thing to do, even for professional authors. The scenes in the third world especially had me on the edge of my seat. Your creativity, your descriptions of sights and sounds and smells, your portrayal and development of these characters-all of these things show that you're an incredible writer! I'll admit I was skeptical at first of how I'd feel about adding secondary characters (Sal, Lorne, Obone) because other fanfics don't develop them well enough. But wow you blew me away with those characters. I honestly wish this could be made into an actual canon Star Wars movie. I think it would fit so well and it would leave the audience as satisfied as all of your readers. Wonderful, wonderful job! You should be so proud of this masterpiece!
serenity87 chapter 21 . 2/13
Loved this story! Hands down one of the best. I hope you finish the sequal. How can I get a copy of the full love scene?
This is by far the best fic I have read in the longest time. Everything was so perfect and wonderful and...oh gosh I cried reading the first chapter. Anakin's guilt and self-loathing and Padmè's doubt and fear were written so wonderfully and I would love to read more (even though you've ended it in such a funny, perfect way). If there's any chance I could still read this non-PG epilogue (even though it's been about 6 years and an Awakening later), I'd love to,and you can find me at .com. Thank you so much for writing this absolute peice of art that I'm sure I will come back to many, many times. 3, Alyssa
Zxynwin chapter 21 . 1/15
Ah I loved this story thoroughly from beginning to end. Without a doubt one of the most riveting stories I have ever read on here, perhaps at all in complete honesty. Thank you for sharing this
Zxynwin chapter 14 . 1/15
Good god this chapter has been far too exciting. Really enjoying this story so far. And I absolutely HATE Lyonidas
Cainsanity2016 chapter 21 . 1/5
Absolutely Wonderful!
speedythesloth chapter 21 . 9/14/2015
I first started reading this a bit skeptical, but was instantly drawn in by the plot and character development! My absolute favorite part is Anakin and Padme running through the third world, it was exactly like a horror film script! Especially since I was listening to Periphery's Hell Below while reading it, it really enhanced the experience.

Anyway, just wow. I'm very glad I found this story!
Midwinter Sun chapter 21 . 9/7/2015
This is probably my favorite fanfiction. Junga Roth feels like a place you can touch. You can smell it, you can taste it. You did a fantastic job creating this world and its characters. Several times I felt the urge to look up more about this place on the internet before I remembered that it existed only in a fanfiction! The third world, too, is terrifying. I liked how you gave us enough information about the afterlife to understand how it works without losing its mystique to some explanation that might have tarnished it.
My one complaint is that Padmé was incredibly stupid throughout. She kept rushing into danger for no reason without any plan whatsoever and ruining whatever Anakin was doing. That said, you wrote her very strongly in all other ways, and you didn't fall into the trap of having her instantly forgive him that other authors might have. The emotions in this story are so, so real. Anakin's despair and self-loathing… it's powerful, powerful stuff, as is Padmé's inner conflict. And your prose is absolutely fantastic. I had to go back and reread several phrases because they were stunning.
Oh, and that last line. "YOU RECORDED THAT!" Brilliant. Just brilliant. The light note you ended this on was hysterical. I need to check out your profile now to make sure you haven't written any fluff set after this, because I would read buckets of it, especially after all of those chapters of tension and angst you put us through.
One last thing: you finished this six years ago. That's incredible. It takes an average of about a decade for most writers to hit their stride and find there voice, according to some author who I can't quite remember. Your characters, your worlds, your prose, your emotions… they were wonderful then, and I can't help but wonder how they've become since. If you're considering writing an original novel, please do so. You are an absolutely masterful author.
All in all, even years later, consider this story a smashing success.