Reviews for The Way It Should Have Been
Clark Luthor 322 chapter 13 . 2/1
Great story best collection of Sydney/Gage One-Shots I have ever read thanks for sharing these
Please Update chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Hey it's been forever since an update was published but do you think you could write one for widow Makers. I'm sure you could do a lot with CD saying women shouldn't be rangers and how Gage didn't stand up for Sydney. Xoxo

Niya
Vadergirl2006 chapter 13 . 11/22/2012
Omg every chapter had me swooning at the sweetness between these two. and i had to bite my lip several times so i wouldnt wake up my family from laughing. but i love these two together so much and please write some more!
x chapter 13 . 8/29/2012
Please update reel ranger I just watched it on TV and cant stop thinking of your story. Please update
Alee chapter 13 . 8/28/2012
Please update on Reel Ranger its been a month ayyyh I'm begging you *on my knees* please update soon
Guest chapter 13 . 8/13/2012
Pleas update soon. I can't wait to see what you do with Reel Ranger please update soon.
zeldamaster8472 chapter 10 . 7/25/2012
I really, really like this concept. It always bugged me that they never actually put the two together. If you read Chuck Norris' memoir, "Against All Odds," he mentions that the studio was originally planning to do at least one more season of Walker, but because of Norris' family commitments, he decided to leave after the eighth season. Understandable, but still a bummer.

"Without a Sound" is probably my favorite episode in the entire series. I love that last scene at Gage's bedside. At one point, I had actually intended to write my own original story that would put Sydney and Gage together, but I stopped after a couple of pages. I'm glad someone else out there went a little farther!
Nee-Nee NIA chapter 13 . 7/22/2012
I think I've said this before but honestly this is my favorite chapter. I'm glad you decided to update this, camt wait for reel ranger, and I loved when he thougnt she was scared of him. It was adorable and I've already read this story atleast 4 times already. Update soon please.

Xo, Niya
moviemom44 chapter 13 . 7/20/2012
I really love this. The last line actually says it all...This IS exactly as it should have been the first time around. It certainly explains Syd's actions and Gage's response in a way that is totally in character for both of them.

I was going to point out favorite passages, but there are too many. I'd end up cutting and pasting the whole story - or at least everything that happened after the kick - into this review. If I had to note a line or two, however, it would be:

"She'd watched him close up and lock down, hiding everything he was feeling, where just moments before he'd been an open book. Everything had been there for her to see: his affection, his attraction, his nervousness, his hope. It had all been there, and she'd just thrown it all away."

and this one:

"Gage was confused at first when she admitted to being scared, until she added that she had been afraid of him. Then he was horrified. He couldn't stand the thought of having Sydney feel unsafe with him. He gently used his hand to turn her face towards him, forcing her to look him in the eye for the first time during this conversation. Then he asked, "Were you afraid because I had you pinned to the mat? Did you think I would, I don't know, take advantage of having the upper hand?""

Both of these were delightful surprises - Syd recognizing all of Gage's feelings in that moment, especially 'his hope'. That just took the whole chapter to another level for me. And Gage worrying that Syd felt unsafe with him - brilliant! Again, that's a whole other layer of awareness for him. I like that you made him the 'emotionally smart' one here.

Thanks for revisiting this one. Honestly, you have outdone yourself here.

-Wendie
JJScottishGirl chapter 13 . 7/20/2012
Excellent! Great job. Yes, the way it should have been.
x chapter 12 . 7/10/2012
Oh please update for Reel Ranger that was my. Favorite episode.
jaycee chapter 12 . 7/9/2012
really hope you can keep the stories coming soon. I can't wait for you story reel ranger. jealous Sydney is my fave.

don't make us wait too long :)
jazphace chapter 12 . 7/4/2012
AWESOME SERIES! Enjoyed every chapter! Keep them coming ;-) I love Syd and Gage!
Guest chapter 12 . 7/4/2012
Aww! Loved it! Can't wait for more!
Nee-Nee NIA chapter 12 . 7/3/2012
Welcome Back, I'm so excited to see you have updated in my email. I loved you way of this episode and Gage being protected of Sydney from Roger. I can't wait for an update for the other stories you have and would love to see a remake of "the final show/down". Keep on writing and ill be waiting for an update.

Niya