Reviews for My Heart and My Honour
the Dah chapter 2 . 6/12/2013
This is wonderfull fic. Thank you for sharing!
Lindenharp chapter 2 . 12/13/2011
Oops! I see that I did you the discourtesy of favoriting this story without leaving a review. Let me rectify that now.

These are wonderful missing scenes. I love authors who get into Gregor's head, and you did it with particular flair.
poppaeasabina chapter 2 . 6/15/2011
I just love Cordelia confessing frankly that they did lie to Gregor and apologizing for it. I have read any number of fics where everybody denies themselves blue in the face. And everybody's voice in this is perfect. I have only one quibble:

Thank heaven you turned out to be intelligent. And willing to use your mind. I don't know what we'd have done with an Ivan.

I have always thought that it was very out of character for Cordelia not to put her foot down firmly about the nickname, "Ivan the Idiot." Personally I think Ivan is very intelligent and completely willing to use his mind to avoid becoming emperor and to bail Miles out of trouble. Ivan is aware that he is #3 in the order of succession, Arol isn't getting any younger, and half Barrayar thinks that Miles is a mutant.
Thobbit chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
"I am jumping to Vervain in the Prince Serg," he said levelly. "I request and require that this be so. Admiral Vorkosigan."

You don't know how happy that line makes me.
Thobbit chapter 2 . 8/4/2010
I can't think of anything specific, but I just...really liked this fic. Especially the part where Gregor commanded himself aboard the ship.
Mlle de Fer chapter 2 . 6/15/2010
Very nice!:) thanks for sharing!
AES13 chapter 2 . 6/23/2009
This was just lovely; you certainly have a secure grasp on the characters. I enjoyed it immensely. Thanks, Anne :-)
Blaise chapter 2 . 5/8/2009
I've come back to re-read this after a re-read of The Vor Game because it fills in the gaps so beautifully. I can't possibly quote all the wonderful, Bujoldian lines, but you have every single person perfectly in character. It's brilliant. I did particularly love Gregor wanting to send an assassination team after the person who'd used Cordelia, and of course the moment when Gregor faces down Aral, and likening it to the fall off the balcony - perfect! It's just all-over wonderful, really. Thank you very much for writing it.
girlfan1979 chapter 2 . 4/27/2009
Nicely done. Good tag to The Vor Game.
magdilen chapter 2 . 3/10/2009
Nice job. Good insite.
ShyIntrovert chapter 2 . 2/21/2009
This is an amazing fic. You have a great handle on all of the characters, and that's hard to do with Cordelia and Gregor.
Hedgewitchery chapter 2 . 11/13/2008
This is lovely - I really enjoyed seeing Gregor interact with his foster parents, and of course the view from Nav & Com on the Prince Serg. Gregor is such an enigmatic character in canon, and we never get his POV; it's always interesting to imagine what he's really like, and how he got that way.

You're right that it's a bit long, but such fun nonetheless :)
Mantis FA chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
Amazing! This really does feel like a set of missing scenes from The Vor Game, what Bujold would have written if she'd chosen to give us Gregor's PoV at key points instead of restricting it to Miles's. Nice references to Memory and A Civil Campaign, too, the two best books in this best of sci-fi series. I can only imagine that you've read the books even more often than I have (and I'm re-reading them aloud to my wife at the moment).
Amanthya chapter 2 . 7/19/2008
I like your characterization of Gregor, and everyone really, and the tie-ins with the book events both past and future-particularly the talk about honor vs reputation, and the part about love added in. That we get to see Gregor's talk with Cordelia is an added bonus, and you make them feel so real I feel like I'm spying on them. I loved so many lines in both chapters that to put them all in would make a chapter itself. Your writing style matches the books very well. Since I love the books as I have loved no other book series, I suppose by association and your great skill, I now love you. I won't cyber-stalk, I promise, but I am now a big fan!

Sorry, had to include one line: ""Oh, it's Aral's taste you're questioning," said Cordelia, with a transitory glint of humour." That's so very her.

Only one thing-I believe Miles got his new tabs from Simon when Gregor was present in his office, I seem to remember him saying "We feel it is primarily your youth that causes Simon to lack faith in you" or something to that effect. I have to re-read that book...
lilyoftheval5 chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
Oh, I forgot, I found the following moment very touching and poignant:

'"The things you don't know about your parents," Gregor said, flippant with relief, as his world-view settled back on to its foundations again. His words didn't catch up with him till a second or two later, too late to look for a reaction from Cordelia.'