Reviews for The New Adventures of Old Pog
Samuel B chapter 11 . 4/14/2009
Cliffhanger!

This is a substantial fic. I'm quite thoroughly enjoying it. I'm curious about what happened to the New Orleans clan.

When Natalie and Abelard appeared, I thought you were crossing into Buffy, and I wasn't sure I liked that, but then you said his last name, and I was happy.

One thing I'd like to compliment is the use of lines from the series, "old wounds bleed as bright as new ones, preternaturally quiet, etc." But I'd caution against using too many too close.

All in all, this is one of the better fics I've read in some time.
Howl chapter 11 . 2/27/2009
Can't wait for the next chapter! :D
Howl chapter 11 . 9/27/2008
Awesome! Other than a few minor spelling errors, it was great!

Can't wait to find out who the familiar figure is.
merlyn2 chapter 11 . 8/19/2008
Van Helsing? I definitely hadn't expected that to be Abelard's surname - pretty cheeky, though.
Fan Boy 101 chapter 11 . 8/18/2008
Man, this is getting good. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Storyseeker chapter 11 . 8/17/2008
So Pog's got a little demon in him now? Does that mean he's gonna turn evil and do an Angelus act on us?
Kimberly T chapter 10 . 8/10/2008
I'm guessing that Natalie and Abernathy are the first signs of a crossover with the Buffyverse. Only a Slayer would be doing flips and somersaults off of buildings and bridges and -still- wear a wide-brimmed hat on her head.

"In addition the clan leader is supposed to be versed in magic. I know that you’ve never taken much interest in the subject, but it would be a requirement."

Interesting indeed; that implies that the use of magic is something that anyone can study and acquire if they put their minds to it, instead of a talent that can be developed through study only if one has the capacity or talent in the first place, which very few people do.

I suppose the London Clan could make that rule for leadership because after centuries of isolation and inbreeding, the reportedly recessive genes for magic-use have spread throughout the clan over the generations to the point where the majority of the London Clan gargoyles have the talent, whether or not they chose to develop it.
merlyn2 chapter 10 . 8/9/2008
When Natalie and Abelard entered the story, I wondered at once whether this had now become a "Buffy" crossover (that is, Natalie as a 19th century Slayer and Abelard her Watcher).

But thanks for this latest chapter. I've enjoyed this story a lot.
merlyn2 chapter 9 . 8/9/2008
And now we get in information about the gargoyles of Venice - and even incorporate Prester John's kingdom. You do have a gift for weaving real-world legend together with gargoyle "mythology".

Fyn's eulogy for Lazarus at the start of the chapter reminded me of the eulogy for Hudson in "The Price".
merlyn2 chapter 8 . 8/9/2008
I hadn't expected to see some present-day action with Hudson and Lexington still in London. But thanks for continuing the story.
merlyn2 chapter 7 . 8/9/2008
I was surprised that this was only the end of the first arc - at least three more chapters to go even after the end of the Amphora Pandora story.

I liked how you portrayed Nought - truly creepy.
merlyn2 chapter 5 . 8/9/2008
I liked your handling of Macbeth's ambivalence - ready to sacrifice three young gargoyles just to end his war with Demona.
merlyn2 chapter 4 . 8/9/2008
Thanks for your Author's Note about Levi Coffin. It was certainly informative.

I liked the "What could make claw marks..." line.

And now it seems that a certain Child of Oberon has also involved himself in the story.
merlyn2 chapter 3 . 8/9/2008
I've already read the first three chapters, but thought I'd comment here.

I'd already commented on this story at the Station 8 Comment Room (including my delight at your setting the record straight about Pandora's jar). But I was pleasantly surprised at the additional material you've already brought in. I wasn't expecting one of the Canmore Hunters to show up, as well as Macbeth and Demona. Or the Underground Railroad.

Was your description of the French gargoyles (particularly the upturned nose) inspired by the gargoyles in Greg Weisman's "Captain Atom" parody of "Gargoyles"? And is Jacob Sweet's surname a "Team Atlantis" reference?
Kimberly T chapter 9 . 8/9/2008
So Pog knows magic? Interesting. Something he must have learned after the 1840's, since he made no use of it during the preceding adventure.