Reviews for Worth a Wound
Deana chapter 2 . 6/26/2008
YAY you didn't kill Watson! WOO HOO! ;)
Sarince chapter 2 . 6/26/2008
Yay, Watson survived! I think I somehow prefer the first chapter to this second one, but I think it's more to do with my preferences than your writing. A nice story all in all. Well done!
Sarince chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
I've seen a lot of cliffhangers but somehow this just tops them all. It's just somehow extra cruel to learn that the following events haven't yet been decided. :)
KCS chapter 2 . 6/26/2008
Aw, YAYAYAYAY! You didn't kill him! :D

Great job - I certainly hope you favour us with more from you, because this was lovely. :)
bcbdrums chapter 2 . 6/26/2008
ah, thank goodness! i was terrified for watson's well being.

it seems holmes could use some worrying-over too, the state he was in while waiting for the surgeon's word.

i LOVED the way you did the dialogue between holmes and lestrade. lestrade was perfectly annoying and lacking in tact, and holmes was characteristically ascerbic about it. you have their personalities down very well.

lol at your little a/n insert. i was wiping my brow too.

and i love the way watson knows what holmes is thinking. and how clever to have them talking of watson writing the case up. a perfect ending to a dreadfully trying story.

you have these characters extremely well in hand, and i love your writing style. please do write more holmes stories, and thanks for participating in my challenge!
bcbdrums chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
ooh, the suspense! i can't wait for the conclusion!

and this is excellently done. i love the line, "I felt my carefully hardened heart shatter, splinter into a thousand shards which pierced my very soul." that is such a perfect description of how i imagine holmes must have felt.

and i love lestrade too, saying there is only so much he cannot see. the professionalism he exudes, but still being loyal to holmes...

you write these characters excellently. i hope to see more of holmes and watson from you :-)
KaizokuShojo chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Oh my GOODNESS.

Not only is this wonderfully done so far, but I'm very anxious to see how you conclude it!

I didn't even try with my answer to the challenge...XD;

*is ashamed*
xravenscroftx chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Wow. Just wow.

That was wonderfully written! The lines were poignant and heart-wrenching while the POV's were well-placed.

And you must come up with your conclusion. Now. This cliffhanger is too horrid to leave for long, I mean, at all.

(For Holmes's sake, if anything, I say he should live...)
E Phoenix chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
"felt my carefully hardened heart shatter, splinter into a thousand shards which pierced my very soul" That is magnificent. Really.

Well, you could try a relatively happy ending to 3GAR, since everyone else seems to want to kill Watson... All this Watson death is making me queasy. (clutches Watson)

Ok, anyway, this is really very brilliant.
Pompey chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
I await anxiously for the next chapter!

As I really don't want Watson to die and because you said you weren't sure how you wanted it to end, may I point out that medically-speaking it would take several hours for a man to die of a gunshot to the shoulder, unless it hit an artery. So that unnamed Yarder who narrated the third section should be able to find a pulse.

Right? Right? You wouldn't really sever an artery, would you?
KCS chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
O

my

gosh.

OUCH.

These lines: "My head was empty. There were no deductions, no thoughts, even. My mind had never let me down before, but for once I was at a complete loss.

But when Watson's eyes fluttered and closed, and his grip on my hand went slack, I felt my carefully hardened heart shatter, splinter into a thousand shards which pierced my very soul."

are undoubtedly the most heartwrenching ones I've read in a long time - the last especially; what a metaphor! Great stuff, this! Please do continue soon!
Kadigan chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Good work! Accurate characterization, vivid imagery, and I just love the "blood and uncertainty" line.

That said: "Looking into his eyes I saw Sherlock Holmes as he was, not Sherlock Holmes as he presented himself to the world, and I found myself thinking that it was worth a wound, it was worth many wounds, to know the depth of loyalty and love that lay behind that cold mask." Long sentence. Break it up a bit. Just a thought.
Saru Wolfe chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Le GASP!

Before I go into hysterics, I would like to note that this is a well-written story. You take time to convey the emotion, but don't go into introspective internal monologues.

Now that that's over with...

LET HIM LIVE! Please?
Deana chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
You haven't decided yet? Than I shall decide for you! Watson lives! He lives, you hear? ;) lololol
29 | « Prev Page 1 2