Reviews for Sparring Partners
Arcole chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
Now that was cool! I love Zak/Jarlaxle backstory. Gotta wonder what happened there. The fight was really well done too. I especially loved the image of Jarlaxle disappearing and Zak falling to the floor. Very fun!
Darev chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
Indeed. Jarlaxle has an intersting way of keeping friends.

Darev
jarltreri chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
You somehow pick the little moments that epitomize a character. Wonderful job on the conversation and choreography and the interesting juxtaposition and duality both in Jarlaxle's situation and disposition! Rather interesting too, considering rumours of a Zak-centric series on the release!
Nuitari Aquarius chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
This one was nice! I have the impression everybody got interested in the relationship between Jarlaxle and Zaknafein, and most of the time, it's compared with the one with Artemis.

Anyway, you make Zaknafein a new character, I mean, keeping on track with Salvatore's, but with feelings and behaviors that actually match his "old" identity. I don't know if what I'm saying makes any sense...

Loved it, all the same!

Nuitari Aquarius
Drow Elf chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Thank you oh-so-very much. I have been burning with curiosity ever since the books mentioned some past friendship (and betrayal) between Jarlaxle and Zaknafein, my two favorite drow. Besides this fic and A Friendship Betrayed (my own fic), I haven't read any stories regarding said friendship between the two. This was a breath of fresh air. So, thank you again for writing on a topic I've been starved for.

Salaam alaikum,

Drow Elf

Xal dos zexen'uma wun l' elamshinae d' Lloth!