Reviews for Red Delights
shadowsteed chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Hi. It has been a long time but, I was wondering if you would ever continue your fanfic. I haven't read the book, but I just saw the movie, and it was awesome, this was one of the greatest movie devils ever. :-)
AliceTheBloodyRabbit chapter 3 . 8/16/2012
the bakery idea was creative, but the story is just average. the plot moves too quickly...if you've read needful things, you know how it is (or other stephen king books). try to lengthen your chapters and create a little build-up to the encounters with mr. gaunt.

-AliceTheBloodyRabbit
Okami chapter 2 . 4/4/2012
AWESOME!

Needful Things is my favorite book. You're doing a really good job... on to the next chapter!
FatesMistake chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
I'm not gonna read this, but only for one reason. I mean, the summary was good...even a little intriguing...but, the fact is, your title (and, subsequently, the title of Leland Gaunt's store) is, well...well frankly it's stupid. Red Delights...it's too reminiscent of 'the red light district' and that makes it sound far too sexual. Even if it didn't, 'red' and 'delight' have always been words that suggested sexual passion when put together. And that's not Leland Gaunt. Gaunt built his businesses in towns (generally small, but not always) where moral values are high. Well, high in public. He uses the lack-of-morality that the residents keep hidden to get into their heads and under their skin. Having a shop that's too easily translated into something sexual would scare away the residents, all of them worrying what their neighbors would think. He's potentially Satan, he knows how to make something sound dirty but still be super subtle about it (i.e. Needful Things). Red Delights is far too obvious for Leland Gaunt to ever consider and I honestly think Stephen King would be vaguely insulted by you butchering one of his best characters sense of dignity and self-preservation (not to mention insurmountable intelligence). So, I can't in good conscience read something that, quite sincerely, looks like it was completely *not* thought through.
bingbingboy chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
good story im basing my new novel off of leland gaunt as a librarian in mine
Bullwinkle's Lady chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
Nice story.
happyhooligan2001 chapter 3 . 7/10/2008
You're off to a good start. A bakery instead of an antique shop. You apparently want to do something different instead of just rewriting the original story. Of course I wouldn't sell my soul to the devil for a cake no matter how good it is!