Reviews for Monday's Child
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 1 . 1/20
Ahhh...
I kinda figured that "full of woe" better described Ed than that suspiciously long last line. xD I think people may have thought the last one, because of the "but..." and the "gay" ... e.e
But it's actually... yeah. woe.

But yeah! A single line doesn't describe one's entire life. ;)
heh.

Neat oneshot.
DystopianKitKat chapter 1 . 1/1
Reviewing in as a Sunday child (how did that even happen? I'm more a Saturday child):

Wow. There are literally no words to describe how amazing of a writer you are. You have dragged me over to the RoyEd side, and this is coming from a die-hard EdWin fan! The characterization was perfect, and I love how you can show how broken Ed was even without his inner thoughts, but if it was Ed's POV I think everyone would be bawling on the floor. Completely amazing job as usual!
snowcoloredwolf chapter 1 . 7/30/2014
they said edward was born on feb 3rd and if you check he was born 1899 that was a friday
W.W chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
Well, you made me curious enough to find out what day I was born on. Wednesday. That rhyme—the original—might have something to it.
I need to review properly... ee
Loreyulia chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Wow, I don't think I've ever read a more poignatly written FMA fiction then this. I literally cried when Ed started breaking down, he's so strong that when all the strength leaves him and he breaks, it just eats at my heart. Edward Elric is definetly my all time favorite anime character, and I'm so glad to have found an author that writes him so well, that it feels like I'm watching the Anime instead of reading a story.
I especially loved how you delved so deep into Ed's psyche, and his memories of that night, and how he finally shared it all with Roy. Their dynamic is so unique, and you definetly have it down to an art. I could keep gushing for days about how brillaint a writer you are, but I'll simply leave you with all my love, and bits of jealously at your supreme awesome saucity. love, Loreyulia.
Bishie Huntress chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
It's hard to know what to say to this one. I like reading from Roy's PoV because it's nice to see behind that mask he carries around. I like all the realizations he comes to, whether they are about himself or not.

I particularly liked the description of the summer day at the beginning, how Roy contemplated swimming through the sunlight. The contrast at the end of the chapter was made all the more stark because of it.

I'm glad of the choice Roy made at the end of the chapter. Sometimes, it becomes difficult to differentiate between what we know is right and what we think we should be doing. I ALMOST thought he would fall short, there; after all, he is only human.

As with 'Tainted', I would have liked to see this one continued. I'm usually pretty good with oneshots; what the author writes is what they want to write, no more, no less, and I accept that. But there was something that just seemed incomplete. Ah, well.

Marvelous job, as usual. :)
Amarissia chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
Excellent story on an interesting concept. Thank you for it!
Avianahelena chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
I don't think you have to squint very much. :) I was wondering when Roy would get it: "Wednesday's child is full of woe." I'm greedy, I suppose, but I wish this fic was longer, that we could see Roy catching up to Ed and perhaps coming to terms with some things.
Darkmiror chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Cool short but one question, what about the wound on this chest? Roy never cleaned it and Ed was able to walk and move so was it not very deep?

Other then that loved it and love that you based it off an old rhyme:) It's surprising how well it worked for the characters of FMA.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
...the Sabbath day is Saturday not sunday. Biblically speaking anyway...
TheFlyingHamster chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
i don't think the rhyme is true: I was born on a monday and my face is zits galore
Misfitable chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
I have just realized this. My name's Grace and I'm born on Tuesday. Dx

Ah well, good story.

M
Radon65 chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Interesting play on the old poem. Good writing and Roy introspection throughout. I like the descriptions of the summer's day very much. And wow, creepy thing Ed had to deal with and realistic reaction on his part from it - I don't think Mustang would have quite as much issue being "unprofessional" in trying to help Ed, but considering Ed's reaction to his help, his reluctance was in pretty good character. Glad he decided to screw it and go help. Nice punch in the last sentence.
JiraiyaWhitney chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
'Your reports leave a lot to be desired,' Roy pointed out... 'You tend to leave out important parts, like the truth. Now, what happened?'

That was my favorite part. Haha. I laughed really hard.

"Monday's child is fair of face" originally I read this as "monday's child is full of face" so I thought it was, like, they felt like something was keeping them from themselves until I realized it was "fair". Haha... now I feel like I should go look in the mirror and see if it's true. Haha. :)

Why am I not surprised that Edward would be a Wednesday's child? (And now I'm thinking of the book series 'Keys to the Kingdom'. D'oh!).
cthulhuus chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
As beautiful as all of your fics that I've read so far. I'm looking forward to reading the rest!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »