Reviews for Daniel Masters
Flash Beat chapter 31 . 12/17/2018
I really wish there was a sequel to this story. There is so much left unexplained, what happened in the end? Did Daniel ever get any better, what happened to the Clockwork that sent Daniel to the world, what happened to the older Sam, Tucker and Jasmine from the beginning of this story. This ending kinda broke me a bit, made me feel pretty numb for awhile, I didn't even notice how cold it was walking outside for hours just thinking on Daniels end. I tend to get super attached to characters and stories sometimes, I can ONLY get attached when it is well written and a great story. One never wishes for the story to end and here I am hoping that you will write a sequel so to satisfy my selfishness. But yeah well executed and written story.

I would LOVE to see you write this story from Danny's point of view instead of Daniel's, it would give a nice twist to the story and some peering into Danny's mind as well as his reactions to things.

Alas thanks for the STORY!
-Angelic Destiny Awaits-
Guest chapter 31 . 10/24/2018
The fuck kinda ending was that? What just happened?
Sapherer chapter 1 . 9/15/2018
I was looking for a long fic to read, probably ganna settle on something I've read before. Found this one again- barely started it when I realized "oh god no this is the one with the ending that broke me" and quickly abandoned ship by closing every Safari tab I had open
Guest chapter 31 . 6/29/2018
This story is a whirlwind. Though it is not free of minor flaws, it is masterfully written- one of the best stories I have ever read, professionally published or not. You have the spark.

Thanks for the story.
deadbod1222 chapter 31 . 4/7/2018
wow. I'm not even sure what just happened but it was sad and heartbreaking and crazy and one hell of an adventure. this brought a whole new meaning to Madness for me, specifically this last chapter, and it is both fitting and not that Daniel is lost without his Vlad. that it would not seem to have a happy ending is fitting, but I also wish that it did.

this was an amazing story, and I am very glad I read it because things seem changed and I'm not sure how to pinpoint what exactly did change. It for sure was a new experience.
rmarcano321 chapter 31 . 3/24/2018
The world's going to end one way or another in time.

During the movie "Reign Storm," I noticed that Poindexter spent a lot of time with the Dragon Ghost (the one that looks like a blond girl from the middle ages with a necklace when she isn't a dragon). In fact, he was riding her into battle against the skeleton army of Pariah Dark. In a later episode, we learn that the Dragon Ghost girl is essentially pushed around and bullied by her brother who has the same type of transformation object as her. Poindexter's whole back story deals with bullying. No wonder they got along.
-Additionally, Poindexter is a Hollywood Nerd. Loving fantasy, dragons, and princesses is all part of the stereotype package.
-The Dragon Ghost's first appearance shows her shouting about how she wants to go to the ball. This isn't her being a spoiled brat; balls aren't just dancing get-togethers, they're events where rich men and women can search for marriage partners without breaking the bounds of etiquette. If the Dragon Ghost got married, she would leave her family for her new husband, whom she can choose. She's not raging at her mother for not letting her have fun; she's angry enough to turn into a dragon because she can't access her one socially acceptable escape route from her brother.
rmarcano321 chapter 30 . 3/24/2018
Freefall means downward movement under the force of gravity only or fall rapidly.

The Guys in White are like evil counterparts to the Men in Black:
-Unlike the Men in Black (who are secretive and police alien refugees inhabiting Earth in addition to fighting hostile ones), the Guys in White are overzealous, make absolutely no effort in obscuring themselves from the public, are completely undiplomatic and hostile to all ghosts, and show no concern for collateral damage.
rmarcano321 chapter 29 . 3/24/2018
The Wisconsin Badgers are the athletic teams representing the University of Wisconsin–Madison (University of Wisconsin). They compete as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I level (Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) sub-level), primarily competing in the Big Ten Conference for all sports since the 1896–97 season. The women's ice hockey team competes in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA), while the men's and lightweight women's crew team compete in the Eastern Association of Rowing Colleges (EARC). Maybe that's why Vlad calls Danny Badger?

While watching the entire series, I've realized just how brilliant Jack and Maddie really are. At the beginning of the show, everyone just sees them as ghost obsessed kooks. But here's the thing. All their ghost catching inventions work perfectly, despite the fact they've never even seen a ghost!
rmarcano321 chapter 28 . 3/24/2018
Froot loop/fruitloop means crazy,eccentric, weird, or out there. Still, a very funny nickname.

One very short line in "Double Cross My Heart" just stood out to me. During one of Danny's confrontations with the Guys In White, they say (in the middle of a longer rant) that he has the "ectoplasmic power" of a "Scale 7." At this point in the series, Danny does seem about as powerful as a Class 7 (it's also a line from "The Real Ghostbusters").
rmarcano321 chapter 27 . 3/24/2018
Vlad really must be desperate for company to take Danny's advice about getting a pet cat (Maddie).

The really weird episode "The Fright Before Christmas", has the Ghost Writer pretty much taking over the whole show's writing just to teach Danny a lesson, and part of his control is that everything rhymes. If he's taken over the whole show, possibly the one thing that kept the opening credits from being altered is the fact that they already rhyme to begin with.
rmarcano321 chapter 26 . 3/24/2018
Technology isn't that complicated when you put your mind to it.

I thought of something: When Poindexter's first appearance, he says that Danny is the Halfa, and that everyone in the Ghost Zone talks about him. It's not unlikely that Danny's infamous enough to have rumors about him, but it makes more sense if he mistook him for Vlad. Vlad's been active in the Ghost Zone for years, whereas Danny hadn't even entered it until that episode. Poindexter comes across as a hypocrite for attacking bullies and condemning Danny for doing the same, but if he's conflating Danny's actions with Vlad's, Poindexter taking over Danny's life comes across less as a disproportionate retribution (compared to his other punishments, which were momentary) and more like someone preventing a dangerous criminal from hurting other people ever again. Also, the other ghosts in his version of Casper High suddenly respecting him for defeating the halfa makes more sense given how terrifying Vlad was.
rmarcano321 chapter 25 . 3/24/2018
Home is where the heart is Danny!

The idea of using a thermos, of all things, to contain ghosts seems a little ridiculous. However, real thermoses are also designed to contain something intangible: heat. With this in mind, a thermos being used to capture creatures/beings that can turn intangible suddenly goes from weird to smart.
rmarcano321 chapter 24 . 3/24/2018
There are some things that can't be predicted, like love or the weather.

The southern accent that Walker bears might indicate that he might be from the southern part of the USA. His white suit and black fedora hat could represent him being a sheriff or prison warden in the early to mid 1900s, or being a member of a mafia. It is possible, though unlikely, that he could be both. The character is likely a nod to the long-running television series "Walker: Texas Ranger".
rmarcano321 chapter 23 . 3/24/2018
The Ring of Rage is an ancient object of the Ghost Zone, used by the Ghost King Pariah Dark. If used while wearing the Crown of Fire, the user is given infinite power.

The Observants are an ancient group of ghosts who watch over all events, past, present, and future.
-In the video game Danny Phantom: The Ultimate Enemy, they are referred to as the Observers.
-The Observants are very similar to the Watchers from the Marvel Comics universe.
rmarcano321 chapter 22 . 3/24/2018
I'm pretty sure Valerie is the one who hates ghosts Danny.

It always bugged me how naive Jack was about Vlad, treating him like his best friend despite how Vlad acted around him. But it hit me: Vlad isn't just a friend he hadn't seen in 20 years and who now only makes the barest possible pretense of actually liking him—he's a friend who Jack accidentally put into the hospital for five years, ruining his life for a while, and who has only recently (apparently) forgiven him. Jack probably feels guilty and really, really wants to see friendship and forgiveness where there isn't any. It could also be that he can see Vlad hasn't entirely forgiven him, despite having gotten back in touch, and he's trying very hard to show that he still cares and is a good friend, he's trying to make up for the past. Either way, it's suddenly easier to see why Jack would overlook/ignore all the various hints that Vlad hates him.