Reviews for Guardian Angels
I really do love this story, so much that it pains me to write anything negative but a few things that take away tremendously from this story:

1- Hoggle- I "get" that you are trying to make him more relevant but he is completely ooc and makes no sense with this story. Ex., he states Jareth is more important than sarah and to move on? Really?
2- the overly godly - too many characters portrayed in underground war and jareths family- there are too many. Not Enoigh room in a short story. It takes away the integrity of the nuanced world having a soap opera of characters.
3- Jareth's floppiness towards sarah! I cringed at way too many points for this to remain romantic. First he blew up at her in battle and below the belt (where was this going) then he basically told Anna he wasn't commited to Sarah until he had her approval (oh my god did that just kill the romance completely) and then he seems a little hurried and fizzled out the second half of the story.. The first half the chemistry was so palpable it was best fanfic ever. They went from her leaving him heartbroken - Her saving him (and while he was at rock bottom)- his relationship with her family and love
Of Toby- to her willing her neck for his kingdom- to him being annoyed with her, insulting her and not even trying to be intimate Adfer she clearly said she's ready...

The worst is these stories constantly portraying sarah as homely, insecure, and subpar in beauty to fae. It knocks the wind out of their romance when she is described like that
:3 mmmm... Good ideas, love the story!
Wynni chapter 17 . 1/6
oh are you EVER going to give these two a break? you big meanie, you. rofl
Wynni chapter 12 . 1/6
Oh for love of monkey! At this point, not killing Puck looks as sound a decision as leaving The Joker alive. Tell me they aren't going to regret it later?

Seriously, the 'I'm better than killing you' argument NEVER set well with me.
Lylabeth 1 chapter 5 . 11/8/2014
Best chapter yet.
Lylabeth 1 chapter 4 . 11/8/2014
This was a well balanced chapter, joy and heartbreak rolled into one, with a touch of humor thrown in.

I see you love Egyptian lore; so do I.

I am still rather confused about who is Jareth's father? Oh, ah, yes , Osiris, who would gave guessed to mix them?

That is original.
Lylabeth 1 chapter 3 . 11/8/2014
The story is good, great building of plot, but, oh, dear, such run-on sentences.

You really need to break your thoughts up into shorter sentences.

I'd have to give you a low mark in syntax, but a high mark in content.
Lylabeth 1 chapter 2 . 11/8/2014
Reading between games of football, I really enjoyed this chapter. However, I would never allow my daughter to bring a total stranger in our house and keep him in her room. Umm, I don't think this is in keeping with Karen's character in the movie. She seemed like a prissy, uptight woman, used to ruling her roost, but maybe she changed. I don't think many men would be willing to allow a bedraggled man to stay in his daughters room, just sorry, but it is not believable.
Lylabeth1 chapter 1 . 11/8/2014
Very good story line, enjoyed the reading.

However...

There are some loop holes, like how does she know he is Fae? How does she know he is Seelie, since you stated that her three friends were not forthcoming with info concerning the king? They must have been more full of gossip than they led on.

Using Oberon is rather trite, why not build your own characters, as using Known fairies from literature seems something of a coop out to me.

Jareth cannot be a fairy as fairies in the Labyrinth were small, winged creatures that bite Sarah.

Oh, well, it's your story, so reading on.
Invoguewetrust chapter 25 . 8/2/2014
Hey, I normally don't comment/review much on fan fictions other than "cool!" Or "awesome fic". But honestly this is the best fanfic I have read in so long! You are an amazing writer! Your story was so well done and the character progression in it where so well done. I absolutely loved this story! I can't remember the last fic I read that made me both laugh and cry! I got so caught up in it. You are a truly talented writer and I really hope you do continue writing even if it's just for yourself.
Xoxo
Jennifer
redsurge220 chapter 25 . 7/9/2014
Wow is all I can say. Despite the length, there was never a dull moment; and the combination of Fae and Egyptian gods worked better than I could have imagined. Plus, Jareth stayed pretty much in character-from the other fics I've read that seems very hard to do. Brilliant story and I expect the sequel will be just as good!
MidnightChild chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
I am so glad I found this story! I could not stop reading it. Every chapter was so beautifully written making it a truly wonderful experience. I often had tears of joy and heartache in the span of a single chapter. You wrote an original story about two characters I have loved forever that may now be what I hold as the ideal Labyrinth fanfic. Loved every minute of it, thanks for sharing this wonderful gift with us all.
Bloodsired chapter 25 . 3/18/2014
Excellent story! You are a wonderful writer...honestly, I got a LOT of feels on this...there I cried, laugh, the suspense and tension. Thank You for sharing this gem. Kudos!
carmensimagination chapter 13 . 11/14/2013
This story is amazing! One of the best I've ever read! I'm so stuck into it, I hope it never ends! Thank you
Lozzarooni chapter 25 . 8/17/2013
Oh wow oh wow! I don't think I've been touched by a story in such a way before as I have done with this one. I laughed, I cried, I nibbled my fingers down to the quick with all the suspense and I laughed and cried some more. I'm so glad that I decided to give this story a second chance. I'd added it to my favourites some weeks ago and the other night I tried to read it but was hampered by a migraine and I thought sod it and eventually decided to try reading something that seemed a bit lighter in content. By the time I got to the second chapter, the second time I around you had me well and truly hooked and while I can't remember what I'd written in the review at the end of the second chapter I feel that I should now properly elaborate on it and tell you exactly what I thought of this story.

As originality goes this has been the most original story that I've read so far. I've read stories where Jareth is purely fae, a fallen angel and the devil (quite literally in disguise) who wants to impregnate Sarah with his seed. But until now I have never read a story wherein Jareth is decended from Egyptian Gods. Most stories that I've read feature Oberon and Titania as his father and step-mother or have Kind Arthur as and Guinevere as his aunt and uncle. Most also feature Sarah and her mother as decendants from an ancient Celtic line and I have also read many in which her father is a decendant from the another Celtic line or where her mother's boyfriend Jeremy Eden is a fae living aboveground. Not that there's anything wrong with any of these elements and no matter how good the story is they are all done to death.

I thought that the mixing of folklore characters with the ancient Gods was a genius idea and the way you developed your characters was astounding. It was quite refreshing not to have Jareth written as an absolute (insert expletive here) who is hell bent on revenge for the girl who bested him. You gave him a depth that I have rarely seen and you you made him appear human rather than a horrible beast of a man (not that I mind some of the dark Jareth stuff out there). With Sarah, instead of of making her petulant and giving her a background of being a bit of a weirdo after coming back from the Labyrinth you made her someone who you'd probably want to be mates with and spend your Saturday nights with trying to drink blokes under the table until throwing out time if she did indeed exist.

While a romance I found that the adventure in this wasn't lacking and I cheered (albeit silently so the hubster didn't think I was off my rocker) when they finally kicked Oberon's arse and when Sarah went Ninja on Puck. Poor Drat, I really liked him and I admit that I sobbed when he died in Jareth's arms. The comedy elements in this were fantastic and I had been secretly hoping that there would be child named Fish-Paste. I may have to steal that name and name one of my future children that - it could start a new wave of unusual names. Forget Kylie or Madonna, Fish-Paste will be the new Queen of Pop.

It was well written and it flowed beautifully and now I feel a little bit envious that you seemingly have no trouble piecing all your plotlines together. Has anyone told you that you are made of awesome, because with a talent like this you truly are and I would think that if you're not working on original stuff with a view to get published that you really should. I'm going to go get stuck into the sequel, but I fear that I'll be sorely disappointed as I see it hasn't been update in a long time, still I am looking forward to seeing what my favourite family in the Underground/Avalon are up to now.

Thanks so much for making this such a joy to read.