Reviews for Surge
Kael Lane chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
I have to say I stumbled on this quite by accident and I am so very glad I did. You captured Snape's voice in the most beautiful way I have yet seen and I have been role playing as Severous for a very long time. You captured very much what it is to feel something like this for the first time, the raw emotion of it was just fabulous. Beautifully written, wonderfully paced. Bravo my friend, bravo.
Salmissra chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Oh god!

I liked it so much. Severus's feelings about himself... I don't know how too express it in english but... Amazing.

Greatest of great jobs!
aberrantstrain chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
This was very well written!
redundantaccount chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
Wow. Honestly, I have no words of criticism. Well done.
PenJay chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
This is really great. So sad, yet amazing. Beautifully written. I usually can't read more than a paragraph that's in second person, but you are very good at writing it.
nobody-09 chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
This was horribly sad. Amazingly well written though. I love your Snape; he's perfect. But, I agree that the last sentence was not needed. It would be more powerful without it.
hot4edward chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
How depressing!
FadingSlowly chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
wow. i think it would have had a more powerful impact if you didn't add the very last sentence, and instead ended with "You are a fragment of a man." but all in all, nice imagery.
Loonymoon chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
God, that made me so feel terrible after reading it. Which is probably what you were going for... great job.
Artika chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Can't believe I've never reviewed this one since I have read it a few times! It is so hard to make second person work, but this was perfect for the context. It breaks my heart to think pity can be such a hurtful emotion, especially for the proud.
xNymphadoraX chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
I hardly know how to begin this review. I'll start by saying I love the style of this. The reader can literally feel Sev's anxiety. You've built a web of disconnected yet seamless panic, desire, fear, elation and self-pity. I felt like a bumbling teenager just reading this, I felt like Severus. What I love most about this is the ambiguity surrounding Lily's feelings. We have no idea how she really felt about thier encounter. Sev's self-loathing jumble is certainly nothing to go by. Personally, I think she must be feeling exactly the way he does; that she's ruined their friendship because her best friend could never see her quite that way... Oh how it sucks to be a teenager!
citrinestone1000 chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
Wow!
shyfoxling chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
Wow, that was seriously angsty, and quite darkly sensual too.
Eunike chapter 1 . 6/28/2008
Oh, this was excellent! I love it how you captured the youthful innocence and insecurity of young Snape, and how you kept it all wonderfully raw and realistic. It's difficult to write something that's both tender and harsh at the same time, but you managed to pull it off very well. Snape seems very vulnerable and real.
MoveBitch chapter 1 . 6/26/2008