Reviews for Consuming, Protecting Darkness
Shadowmaster Thor Stonehenge chapter 2 . 9/14/2014
It's nice that Ganondorf isn't always seen as evil...I like the pairing.
Guest chapter 2 . 8/23/2014
I really like stories with two different perspectives. And I love all things Zelda! I'm very neutral towards pairings, but this is one of the few that really stand out to me. I like Ganon's perspective... he's very intimidating and powerful, and yet he is also in a strange way so tender and gentle.
And I really was captured by your description of his crown on Zelda's perspective.
"It settled on the strange hairstyle he had, a thorny crown woven into it even from the beginning, as if he determined himself to be King whether others thought so or not. It was a very severe look, and matched his facial expressions quite well, though now he looked relaxed and benign." I've never really read a fanfic where people describe the crown like that. Ganon is very severe and gives of an intense vibe.
P.S You do a very good job with adding ears in the action. Pointed ears are everything in fantasy, and yet they are ever so rarely acknowledged. A character performing action with the ears (Usually it only works if the character is performing a gentle action) adds some interesting things in the story.
Nokcturna chapter 2 . 3/11/2011
I loved this! Good work! :)
Jayadragon chapter 2 . 10/6/2009
that was really really amazingly good
Rhaoz chapter 2 . 4/10/2009
-jumps up and down squealing- Sequel please! I loved it, it was so so so...-squeals- PERFECT!
Moderntwilight64 chapter 2 . 9/6/2008
To be honest, I don't usually support one and ONLY one specific pairing, as I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to these. I have seen a few Zelda fanfic writers who normally prefer to give Ganondorf an utterly heartless personality ONLY.

But I certainly liked the way you portrayed his good side, and wrote from both perspectives. Good job once again Seldavia!
Cutiecat chapter 2 . 8/20/2008
Yay! I was just as good from his point of view! It was really, really good. I love the way you write, it's like a professional author. )
Cutiecat chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
Aw! I thought you said it wasn't supposed to be fluffy...? I think it was-at least towards the end. I really liked it. Okay, I'll read Ganon's point of view now.
Angelstalon chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
Awesome, great job! I loved every bit of it!
Azure Neko chapter 2 . 6/29/2008
You could take this further. It said that the golden power was consuming Zant's mind instead of Ganondorf's this time; does that mean that Ganondorf gave the Triforce of Power entirely to Zant? If Ganondorf does give the Twilight back to Midna, will Zant be able to use the Triforce to strike back at him? For that matter, we know that there is indeed a Third. What will happen to Link?
FabulaEstActa chapter 2 . 6/28/2008
Hmm. Well, I'm of a similar opinion as yourself, that if it's well written, then the pairing shouldn't have a negative effect on the story. And, of course, that's the case with this one. I will say that since it's a oneshot, the transition from enemies to romantic partners could be considered slightly abrupt, but I felt the use of both POVs softened a change that might normally come off as jarring. However, I'm just pointing that out because the thought popped into my mind. I personally enjoyed this story just as it is.

Why? Because of the details. It's interesting to see how you fleshed out certain parts of TP's history and showcased both Zelda's and Ganondorf's reactions to this. The Arbiter's Ground being a defiled Spirit Temple, Ganondorf's confusion over the passage of time, even the Zora Queen's ultimatum, all of this and more served to accent the tone of this piece. I liked the sparring scene and how you used it to cause a shift in their relationship (or at least it felt that way to me), and their mutual disdain for Zant was amusing. Oh, and the idea that Ganondorf could not control his power was an intriguing one.

Finally, the way each chapter was written struck me as appropriate. Zelda's had a defiant, rebellious feel to it, as if it were really being told by an outcast ruler. And Ganondorf's had a... hmm, I guess a formality, or a stiffness maybe, that would come from the prideful leader of a race of people. I liked how the tone of each chapter made you think of the corresponding character (I know, perhaps an obvious conclusion, but one that merited a comment.)

All in all, I don't think you need to apologize for this one. Yes, it's a romance, but it was done tastefully, as opposed to the normal flavor of pairing stories that are often seen on this site. Nicely executed.
Morna chapter 2 . 6/28/2008
I loved it. Zelda's characterization was so amusing; especially, the scene with the pickax. She was just the right balance of sassy and elegance.
Hyrulian Saiyajin chapter 2 . 6/28/2008
This is one of the strangest pairings I've ever read about. But the flow of the story, the way it was written, and the fact that there's very little (if any) fluff, makes it a good read.
Lupi Loop chapter 2 . 6/28/2008
Much as I am a die-hard Zelink fan, I don't object to reading other pairings although the GXZ sometimes comes across as a bit odd, however, this is really very good. It's not too fanciful, nor ridiculous - and as always, with your stuff, it is excellent. I look forward to reading more.
GerudoGirl89 chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
Yay, you posted it here!

I found it on DA a few weeks ago, but since I don't have an account there, I couldn't comment. Even though I'm not really a fan of GXZ, I really liked this. It was interesting, not too fluffy, and, as usual, well-written.