Reviews for Edge of Chaos
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 7 . 6/3
Ya know, at the 'beginning' of this chapter, there was something that I wanted to review about, but now it's gone from my mind...

Oh yeah...people always forget about GRACE...the patient that Wilson was sleeping (and living) with that died...Amber was NOT his first 'girlfriend' to die. I guess it's only important to remember the ones that House killed.

I really liked your portrayal of Foreman (never liked that guy...he was EXACTLY what he 'thought' House was...an egotistical ass.) Didn't have the brains or the flexibility to ever replace House.
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 3 . 6/3
Couple things in this chapter really struck me...first 'Wilson's Only Flaw' was House's friendship...gee, I can think of quite a few BIGGER ONES...like his complete inability to have ANY sense of loyalty,(consider this adultery as proof of that, or the fact that he NEVER stands beside his 'friend' in the face of adversity...he always drops House by the side of the road...EVERY TIME), the fact that he is actually a bigger ass than House could ever be (because he hides the fact that he is actually a rotten friend, husband or boyfriend...he portrays himself as nice and kind when in truth he is neither of those things).

I know that I'm in the minority here, but I never thought Amber's death was House's fault...if that were true, then EVERY injury on that bus would have been his fault...since that is impossible, Amber's death was no one's fault...just an accident. As for Wilson, gee, asking for House to 'risk his life in the off chance that he could save Amber's' ...if that in itself weren't awful enough, the fact that he didn't even appreciate it made it just terrible. To dismiss his friendship of 15 years for a relationship of 2-3 MONTHS really makes him more childish that House at his worst...seriously reminded me of HIGH SCHOOL...ugh. Cate Milton was right about both House and Wilson...House is much nicer than people think and Wilson is much more devious than people think...each are very adept at hiding their true selves...

I dig your story...look forward to reading the rest. Sorry I can't help myself when thinking of how 'poor tortured Wilson is so helpless...' blah.
Guest chapter 15 . 11/16/2014
Don't get me wrong, but if I ever met you in person I suspect I'd ask you to marry me. You're a genius. Your writing is raw and so human, which is exactly like being inside of a human brain. It's exhausting, infuriating and real. That's precious.
moosesquirrelkittenandking chapter 10 . 8/21/2012
Ooooooh! That's so heart breaking! House isn't a monster...
You write House very in character. Well done. I'm enjoying this fic quite a bit, even though it's a bit harrowing to read. I just love your writing style. It's perfect!
moosesquirrelkittenandking chapter 8 . 7/18/2012
PHEW. It took me hours to read that! But it's good, quite good. Very detailed, and you've captured how House's mind operates beautifully.
moosesquirrelkittenandking chapter 4 . 7/13/2012
The bus crash melting into "97 Seconds"?
Pure genius!
And the reference to the line from "Ugly"...
Wilson: "The bitch is pretty."
House: "The bitch is a bitch."
This is great. So detailed. Nearly flawless.
moosesquirrelkittenandking chapter 2 . 7/13/2012
"His brand of vibrant misery"
That's simply perfect.
XStrife chapter 15 . 7/31/2010
I enjoyed reading this story very much. There was exceptional character development, and by the story's end, I could say that I really felt as if I were apart of the story.

It was long, but it was definitely worth it.
newsession chapter 15 . 4/10/2010
Thank you, Duckie Nicks!

This is real literature. Good literature. Thank you.
Lizzie Reid chapter 3 . 3/18/2010
amazing!
lhoma320 chapter 15 . 2/19/2010
I finally finished this story over the weekend. I've been away and extremely busy. I just had to write and tell you how sad I was to see your final chapter posted and tell you what an amazing job you did on this. I enjoyed every minute of it.

I really liked how you handled the ending. I couldn't see how this could work out with them being back together but you sure did surprise me. It wasn't looking good but when House tells Wilson that getting together was Cuddy's idea and not House's I thought how brilliant you are. It never occurred to me that Wilson would have reacted differently but he would have. He was mad at House. It was perfect.

The other surprise was I expected you to end it with Wilson being receptive to House at the apartment and I never expected you to carry it further to Amber's grave sight. I love how you carry things through and finish the process. You never leave anything hanging. I loved the description of Cuddy going with Wilson and Wilson trying to be alone and then breaking down.

Finally, I just had to say your reference to Ayn Rand made me exclaim with glee. I read her in high school and she had such an impact on me. I tell people after reading her she totally changed me. I bought the book for my daughter when she turned 16 telling her after she read the book she wouldn't be the same. I decided to read it again and it didn't have the same impact on me it did the first time. I guess I was in a different time and place.

I hope you decide to write more House. I really enjoyed this. I'm pretty sure I've read all your other House stuff but I'll go through your stories again just in case.

Thanks again for sharing this. :D
i luv ewansmile chapter 15 . 1/26/2010
Wow, fabulous chapter, wonderful ending.
Ladyluck523 chapter 15 . 1/18/2010
Whew! That was some read! I can't believe I just found this and I'm surprised there aren't more reviews!

I was exhausted just reading about House and his antics. I can't imagine how Cuddy dealt with it. And the sad part is I don't think House or Wilson fully appreciate the efforts she went thru to help them save their friendship. I think they have an idea and are grateful she did it but they'll never know the full extent of the toll on her.

This was a very well done complex character piece. I think you wrote Hudson quite realistically and during an extremely trying time for all of them. It's was interesting to see Cuddy in the mediator role as it's usually Wilson running between Cuddy and House. I can see how Huddy jumps off from here and a good Wuddy friendship evolves. Nice job and I look forward to reading your other fics!
passionfornight chapter 15 . 1/15/2010
OMG. I don't think that I have ever had to spend so much time reading one chapter. Stories yes. Chapters no. Perhaps next time we should cut it to about half. Or even a third. A fourth would be a lot. This was monstrous. My eyes are tired.

Anyway. This was a good ending. I like how House and Wilson didn't just make up and that was it. Having them make progress was good though. It showed that they didn't hate each other, but all they had done was step on the path. Their conversation was both unbelievable and great. I can totally understand some of the moments though. Even when your fighting with someone if you bring up some incident that tends to lead to others, and in that one moment your united. It shows that not everything is lost; there is hope. Plus being able to make Cuddy sit on a duck and pee on a bed all in the same chapter. Priceless.

It was nice reading this story, and I'm sad to see it end, but all things must. As far as endings go, this one was pretty good.
HouseBroken chapter 15 . 1/14/2010