Reviews for Striped
mxmsupporter chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
Woah. That was some serious analysing of Mello's mind. And while I can't agree with him about this whole "I don't deserve this", because it's two-sided, this thing we call love, I get his point. Or your point, as you're the writer ;) I really liked the soft Matt, he would be a gentle guy as you've presented him. A geek, sometimes childlish, but still gentle. Long descriptions that weren't boring - shows that you have badass skills! And Matt having grey-green eyes - I've never seen such a combination before but I think it will become my headcanon ;)
kanakoharuchan chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
Nice fictions!
checkerboardom chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
That was so amazing! It was so beautiful and all the feelings and thoughts portrayed were wonderful. truly loved it. You captured Mello's character perfectly in my opinion. You didn't make him a heartless bastard yet he wasn't a big softy, he was perfect. So kudos!
Death By a Note chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
Aww such a nice story. Sad, but very nice. I personally 'love' how you made Matt on here as it's totally how I see him. It fits him so well not to be much of the talker and more of the innocent imo. How you wrote Mello was really great too. It's exactly how I visioned both of them would be if they got to that step with each other. *heart*
dfotrgrtgfrhb chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
Mello is written perfectly XD

Great oneshot, and Matt was adorable.

Maybe a bit depressing, but it's hard to avoid that with Matt and Mello, considering what happens to them D:

But really, really good. I can't wait to go and read the one for Matt XD
crispybutts chapter 1 . 12/25/2010 fantastic.
ExtinctionOfReality chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
*couldn't get my eyes off the comp the whole time* O...M...G! That was...CANON, DAMN IT! Mello's feeling about the whole situation, Matt's love...everything. I'm actually shocked you didn't get more reviews! Damn, my thoughts are going to return to this story a lot from now on, ha ha. I have wanted to read something like this for sooo long! Both of them were so in character that it freaking...*rants* Also, I think that softness works for Matt. We seriously don't know what canon-Matt really is, sooo...yeah. Ugh, my thoughts are way clouded right now by the dept of this oneshot that I no longer know what to say (rarely happens, too)... Just, thank you SOOO much for writing this! I seriously enjoyed myself 100 percent and over!~~
TalksLikeACat chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Oh shit, I know this is old. Like, really old. But it was so beautiful that I have to comment on it. Have to.

Mello's characterization is so well-done it brought me to tears. It's so /Mello/. Every bit of the way you wrote him was so in-character it was unbelievable, man. This was utterly amazing, and I'm trying desperately to write a coherent review, but this fic has left my brain in a puddle of goo, so I don't think I can manage coherency very well right now. XD

Either way, I think I got my point across - this was freaking amazing and I love you for writing it, despite how long ago that might have been. Matt was incredible in it, too, even though I didn't really touch on the way you characterized him. It was very /Matt/, and since we have so little of his character to go on, I applaud you. :D

Much love. ~ 3
Interesting chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Very nice, I LOVE how you made Mello's character. It was all on point. I on the other hand actually 'love' the softy vulnerable Matt, I think there should be more around hehe. But that's just my opinion, anywho overall, very awesome work! Mello's characterization Beautiful 3

jrenee07 chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
Okay, I know you wrote this a long time ago, and you haven't updated in quite a while, but I had to leave you a review... for posterity, if nothing else. :)

I loved this. So very heart-breaking. I managed to somehow hold it together until this:

"But, if we were fated to die, if I couldn't save Matt's life, I resolved to at least give him what precious little time we had-I'd do whatever I could to bring him some happiness in our last days. And if this was what he wanted, if doing this made him happy, if I made him happy, I wouldn't hesitate any longer."

No matter how much, and how often, he maintains he's a horrible, no-good, very bad human being-and yes, he did some awful things-what Mello decides to do here _is_ selfless and kind. It could even be called an act of love; although it's not an altruistic decision, because Mello will still get more out of this arrangement than Matt. But this is Mello after all. :)

I really enjoyed reading Mello's thought process throughout all of this. What I found most interesting is that he (mistakenly) assumes that Matt is the same person he left at the orphanage, even though he must surely know better. Does he truly believe this, or does he say this because he _wants_ it to be true-a desperate attempt to hold on to some piece, however small, of his former self, perhaps? Or am I reading too much into this? LOL

I'd better quit before this turns into a novel. Suffice it to say I liked this a great deal.

Going in my favorites.
Eenvi chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
Yo, it's me, Silver.

You described everything so well that made me shiver as I read their love part! I kinda can feel exactly what's Mello is thinking. Haha, now it's all make sense why Mello was angry with Matt's death, they love each
ShadowDragon-24 chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
O_O This was beautiful -sighs- I'm so happy I asked to read this (This is Shadow from Muse Bunny, btw) Honestly, your grip on Mello is great and Matt wasn't totally bad, at least to me :3

It was a wonderful oneshot that kept me very interested from beginning to end :) Great job and keep at it ;)

P.S. I also must say, I loved the fluff w all to cute.
littleannoying chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
it's really good, i'm waiting for the followup!
Billyjenkinsmith chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
This was so beautiful. I love that you made Mello so angry about clich├ęs haha, seemse like something he would do. This really did bring me near tears as I finished reading it. A marvelous work of art.
Calliope-chan chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
Holy crap. I think it's love at first sight.

Just the way you portrayed Mello's thought process and everything was smooth and real. The description, the tone, his view of Matt. You got Mello spot on.

The last part really stuck with me, how Mels was humbled that Matt would even love someone as fucked up as him.

And of course, the yaoi _ Tasteful but still great!

I loved it all! This is wonderful! Thumbs up!