Reviews for La Dolce Vita
Dancing Mad chapter 28 . 7/27
I must admit I'm a sucker for these stories. I was really intrigued with your summary, what with the story being "a darker re-telling" of the original W.I.T.C.H. story and was really curious what you'd come up with.
After having read through the story, I'm disappointed.
To start off, even despite the warning of a dark story, I found it to be a too depressing- it's like you left everything out that made W.I.T.C.H. great in the first place - the friendship and loyalty, the jokes that lighten the mood (and yes, those are even needed in dark stories since otherwise the reader could be bored by the repetitive depressive mood), the teamwork- especially the teamwork but even though I'm left feeling down that is not my main gripe with the story.
When I've started reading I expected a story that explores each of the main characters' back stories, motivations and personalities thoroughly with a CalebxWill pairing thrown in for romance but alas found out that it rather seems to be a Caleb and Will "worship fest" for lack of a better word with all other characters (their motivations and growth) taking second place.
This isn't even tragic. I've seen it happen in many (almost all) shipping fics. After all most people only want to read about these two characters and most authors happily deliver. But I think a story with only two developed characters is a very unsatisfying one or better yet- a story is only as good as it's strongest main characters. With 6-7 main characters right now (not sure if Elyon counts) your weakest characters are undoubtedly Irma and Cornelia.
Cornelia in particular has, after 28 long chapters and nearly 113K, not seen any much needed character growth and is still her obnoxious, self-centered, air-headed and annoyingly infatuated self. Her one redeeming quality thus far, is her friendship with Elyon but since it has already been established in one of the earliest chapters of her appearance it didn't really soften her character down. I also get the impression that she's being used as a foil to Will (this should never be a character's entire identity!).
Irma's character arc has been faring mildly better with her realizing her mistakes and apologizing for them, her better integration into the team but what I noticed in her arc is that you have set up this interesting family background you're not actively using. It served as a possible reason why she's so sarcastic (in fact that's all she's been throughout the story) but it can be also used to show her in a more positive light.
Now what I really, really liked about the story was Elyon's arc- especially how you built up her fragility and insecurity, giving her a stutter and her most recent descent into what can only be described as (temporary) madness.
Sadly, overall I had expected a bit more. CalebxWill fans will probably not mind all of the above (?) but I suppose everyone else will look elsewhere for a story that focuses on all characters equally.
Dark-Automaton chapter 28 . 3/7
Holy Sh*t, this story is amazing. "The end of Phobos himself? Hmmmm." Does that mean he may reappear?
Memory in Crimson chapter 11 . 11/22/2014
Yes, I did indeed note how Caleb's father died, which makes the story all the more intriguing.

Interesting alteration, turning Taranee from the mild-mannered encyclopedia into a social justice warrior. It'll be interesting to watch how this characterization plays into her role as a Guardian.
Memory in Crimson chapter 4 . 11/22/2014
This was certainly a spine-tingling end to the chapter. Of course, Caleb will make it, but in what condition? And what of our dear Lucia, the one who knows close to everything? She's grown on me in such a short time.
Memory in Crimson chapter 3 . 11/22/2014
I enjoy the addition of this Lucia character; she seems like the kind one enjoys to hate and love. I also enjoy the choice to push Caleb more stoic and Aldarn more impulsive.
Memory in Crimson chapter 2 . 11/22/2014
I need to get this thought out of the way: I can totally see Yan Lin and Hay Lin having their own television programme, based off this chapter. Also, I'm fond of you making Susan more unsavoury than she already is. It'll make any ill fate that befalls her even sweeter.
Memory in Crimson chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
It's been years since I've been in the WITCH fandom, and a while since I've read your work. I remember being hooked on "Tears I Cry," and I'm fond of darker interpretations of the series. This prologue smells like the beginning of another good tale and great inspiration.
Say This Pen Name Is Available chapter 28 . 8/26/2014
Fantastic, a darker but still not overly grim take on the set story that nevertheless manages to be unique. The tightening of plot lines is well handled, though as a detail addict I could have used a little more useless complexity. It even managed to sell me on the Will/Caleb action, and I usually prefer them as friends. Overall a really good read. Can't wait to see what happens to poor Elyon.
narutogoldylocks chapter 28 . 7/28/2014
Oh my gooooosh so many feels! Okay okay. So Caleb is some sort of... werewolf or something, & Phobos basically killed himself so that Elyon could live. He really does care about her! Or maybe he just did it bc of his love for his mother. And I can't believe that Will brought Cornelia back to life w/the Heart of Kandrakar! This chapter was nuts. Legit crazy. Can't wait to see how the story ends.
DayDreamer9 chapter 28 . 7/22/2014
Yowza, romance and redemption all rolled into one, with Elyon first having lost her marbles and now she's missing. Aw, they really do care about you, Corny :) Glad she's okay. But what of Caleb?

EveryWitchWay chapter 28 . 7/22/2014
Thanks so much for the new chapters! :) Enjoying a great deal. Love your descriptive passages and great job on the action in this one. :)
Mnellos chapter 28 . 7/22/2014
This chapter was amazing! You really have me hyped up for the next!
NotQuiteNorm chapter 28 . 7/22/2014
Oh my god oh my god oh my god. That. I swear that is just. THAT was an ending I loved it: that was the perfect way to defeat Phobos; to defeat Elyon! I didn't expect it and it was wonderful - the whole thing. I adore the scene between Caleb and Will where he will almost definitely see Will using him, it was powerful an engrossing... You had Cedric to a T, he was perfect. I think you're the only one whose made me "understand" the finale of the cartoon as it always felt off but this. This gives the gist of what happens when Cedric betrays Phobos a whole new light. I have so so much more that I could say but you literally leave me bewildered and mind-blown every time! I don't have the words for this story, the Elyon and Will scene actually beating the scene with Caleb threatening to kill Will himself to my favourite because I was just so drawn in. SENIYA I'm dying for N is for Nerissa!
SweetGurl818 chapter 28 . 7/21/2014
Ahhh the suspense! :) looking forward to the next chapter! !
3Void chapter 27 . 7/16/2014
I hope your writer's block doesn't persist, because this is a wonderful story. The way you've taken the W.I.T.C.H world and made it your own is incredible. I can't wait to see how Elyon reacts to Phobos' deceit in the next chapter