Reviews for La Dolce Vita
NIkly chapter 29 . 1/7
This story is so awesome that every chapter leaves me speechless, seriously. You are so good at writing and at creating the twisted personalities needed for this darker re-telling. I also like how the Guardians are now a tad (tiny tiny bit) closer in their own way and in this changed setting.
I can only hope for a next chapter and that you may never lose the motivation to continue this story, because I'm loving it so far. I liked in this last chapter the glimpse about CHYKN's past that explain at least why Yan Lin is such a bitter hag (not that she'd have ever won any woman-of-the-year awards in her teens years either, but still) and I am intrigued to see more of this darker Kandrakar.
Amazing job!
Guest chapter 29 . 12/31/2015
Wooooooow, it means so much when the notification for this and such things happen and my goodness you never cease to amaze!
Cutiepiepo2 chapter 29 . 12/30/2015
Holy FUCK. HOLY FUK. Okay this is gonna be a lonnnng FREAKING review!

Okay one I love this story soooooo freaking much like holy SHIET LIKE I LOVE IT SO FREAKING MUCH IVE PROBABLY READ IT LIKE 7 TIMES LIKE NO JOKE IM NOT EXAGGERATING AT ALL! Literally I'm not. But I was waiting to review after you updated and bam I you did and that's like a early christmas gift to me ! AHHHH okay but enough about how much I love but why I love it !

Okay first is the whole setup. I absolutely adore how you made the w.i.t.c.h plot much more darker and twisted and depressing like I thirst for angst. And the whole idea how the Oracle setup Nerissa is by far the best theory out there and how you incorporated it Into your story is gold. GAHHH. But I hope we get to see more into why the Oracle did what he did, like why he wanted to set her up for failure, and get to see why Nerissa killed Cassidy like I just wanna see if we can understand what Nerissa was thinking.

Another thing that I love is the crude humor like its probably why I can't get enough of this story. It's just makes my world go round and makes me bust out in giggles saying how much I adore the characters to myself like a mad women. Like everytime something comes out of Irma or will's mouth I will laugh so hard because it just seems so in character for them. And I absolutely LOVE how you've written everyone's personality and kinda have expanded on it. Like l love Will being her nonchalance and seeming to not give a fuk but at the same time she's all mushy and sweet and shiet and god I feel for her. Then there's Irma, being her snarky and sarcastic self but also kinda realizing what's she's done wrong but I kinda wanna see more of her and her family relations being picked at since she also has family troubles. And I can't forget taranee I love how you depict her as like an activist for global causes it just describes her down to the very T , but what intriguies me is how she was trained by Halinor. Like I when she said "they aren't human like we are" I can kinda interpret that she's been taught a different way the the rest kinda like as if she's being used. Also I love how you've made Cornelia just be Cornelia, like we slowly see her bitchy facade kinda crumble throughout each chapter and we get to see more of her Hay Lin I absolutely adore because she's just so happy and just so her agh! But another thing i wanted to mention Is i love how you've changed up Yan Lin character. Instead of her being all wise and proper and shiz. We kinda see how she's lived through all this bs and gained a lot of knowledge because of it and just seeing her so blunt is great. I still can't get over the time she told will and Caleb to just fuk. But really the character development to me is doing really well I love how everything is going at a steady pace. I personally think this does a great job developing all the characters and to the people who don't well that's unfortunate for them.

Now for the Will and Caleb portionjdjsjjsnsnsjsjs . Don't even get me started on it. Just the dynamic between them with all their sexual tension is great. I just absolutely love how the bicker with each other and I ship them together just as much as hay Lin does . But what I've also noticed is kinda how will acts like around Caleb. Like she knows she likes him yet she refuses to believe it because she wants to be spares her broken heart or that's how I see it and ahhhhh just everything about Will is so tragic. Like her and mother problem, and how she's kinda being used by the Oracle just the same way Nerissa was and I can't wait to see that come to play.
And I'm intrigued to know more about this Caleb turning wolf thing and UGHHH his love for will is great AHHHH!

But really the way you've spun this story it's just so phenomenal. And I absolutely everything single things about it . And I can say the same exact thing about all of your other stories which I hope will be updated in the near future. But honestly thank you for providing such a wonderful story for me to read, honestly I wish this was how witch turned out to be because I love this so dam much.
But till next time keep up the work :)
DayDreamer9 chapter 29 . 12/22/2015
Welcome back and Merry Christmas! :)
Marionetka chapter 29 . 12/22/2015
I have to admit that I'm intrigued. You have taken a pretty lighthearted source material and created someting that really fulfils the promise of a "darker re-telling". I am very happy with what you did with Elyon's backstory. In the show her parents were too well adjusted, especially if one considers how baffled Caleb was by everything on Earth. Her mother being poor and strange seems more realistic and infinitely more tragic. Elyon's insecurity and shyness makes much more sense here.
And Cedric... Not exactly the Cedric I thought I wanted to read about, but it works seemlessly with the rest of your story. And brings Meridian a whole new shade of darkness and despair.
Honestly though, I don't much care for Cornelia or Taranee at the moment. They are a little bit annoying, especially Taranee. (Cornelia irritates me in the original so it may be just that.) The idea of her being a sort of social activist is great, but her behavior and holier-than-thou attitude make me not like her.
Overall, I really enjoy reading your story and I'm very happy that you are writing again. Hope to see an update sometime soon, and many thanks for sharing.
Dancing Mad chapter 28 . 7/27/2015
I must admit I'm a sucker for these stories. I was really intrigued with your summary, what with the story being "a darker re-telling" of the original W.I.T.C.H. story and was really curious what you'd come up with.
After having read through the story, I'm disappointed.
To start off, even despite the warning of a dark story, I found it to be a too depressing- it's like you left everything out that made W.I.T.C.H. great in the first place - the friendship and loyalty, the jokes that lighten the mood (and yes, those are even needed in dark stories since otherwise the reader could be bored by the repetitive depressive mood), the teamwork- especially the teamwork but even though I'm left feeling down that is not my main gripe with the story.
When I've started reading I expected a story that explores each of the main characters' back stories, motivations and personalities thoroughly with a CalebxWill pairing thrown in for romance but alas found out that it rather seems to be a Caleb and Will "worship fest" for lack of a better word with all other characters (their motivations and growth) taking second place.
This isn't even tragic. I've seen it happen in many (almost all) shipping fics. After all most people only want to read about these two characters and most authors happily deliver. But I think a story with only two developed characters is a very unsatisfying one or better yet- a story is only as good as it's strongest main characters. With 6-7 main characters right now (not sure if Elyon counts) your weakest characters are undoubtedly Irma and Cornelia.
Cornelia in particular has, after 28 long chapters and nearly 113K, not seen any much needed character growth and is still her obnoxious, self-centered, air-headed and annoyingly infatuated self. Her one redeeming quality thus far, is her friendship with Elyon but since it has already been established in one of the earliest chapters of her appearance it didn't really soften her character down. I also get the impression that she's being used as a foil to Will (this should never be a character's entire identity!).
Irma's character arc has been faring mildly better with her realizing her mistakes and apologizing for them, her better integration into the team but what I noticed in her arc is that you have set up this interesting family background you're not actively using. It served as a possible reason why she's so sarcastic (in fact that's all she's been throughout the story) but it can be also used to show her in a more positive light.
Now what I really, really liked about the story was Elyon's arc- especially how you built up her fragility and insecurity, giving her a stutter and her most recent descent into what can only be described as (temporary) madness.
Sadly, overall I had expected a bit more. CalebxWill fans will probably not mind all of the above (?) but I suppose everyone else will look elsewhere for a story that focuses on all characters equally.
Dark-Automaton chapter 28 . 3/7/2015
Holy Sh*t, this story is amazing. "The end of Phobos himself? Hmmmm." Does that mean he may reappear?
Memory in Crimson chapter 11 . 11/22/2014
Yes, I did indeed note how Caleb's father died, which makes the story all the more intriguing.

Interesting alteration, turning Taranee from the mild-mannered encyclopedia into a social justice warrior. It'll be interesting to watch how this characterization plays into her role as a Guardian.
Memory in Crimson chapter 4 . 11/22/2014
This was certainly a spine-tingling end to the chapter. Of course, Caleb will make it, but in what condition? And what of our dear Lucia, the one who knows close to everything? She's grown on me in such a short time.
Memory in Crimson chapter 3 . 11/22/2014
I enjoy the addition of this Lucia character; she seems like the kind one enjoys to hate and love. I also enjoy the choice to push Caleb more stoic and Aldarn more impulsive.
Memory in Crimson chapter 2 . 11/22/2014
I need to get this thought out of the way: I can totally see Yan Lin and Hay Lin having their own television programme, based off this chapter. Also, I'm fond of you making Susan more unsavoury than she already is. It'll make any ill fate that befalls her even sweeter.
Memory in Crimson chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
It's been years since I've been in the WITCH fandom, and a while since I've read your work. I remember being hooked on "Tears I Cry," and I'm fond of darker interpretations of the series. This prologue smells like the beginning of another good tale and great inspiration.
Say This Pen Name Is Available chapter 28 . 8/26/2014
Fantastic, a darker but still not overly grim take on the set story that nevertheless manages to be unique. The tightening of plot lines is well handled, though as a detail addict I could have used a little more useless complexity. It even managed to sell me on the Will/Caleb action, and I usually prefer them as friends. Overall a really good read. Can't wait to see what happens to poor Elyon.
narutogoldylocks chapter 28 . 7/28/2014
Oh my gooooosh so many feels! Okay okay. So Caleb is some sort of... werewolf or something, & Phobos basically killed himself so that Elyon could live. He really does care about her! Or maybe he just did it bc of his love for his mother. And I can't believe that Will brought Cornelia back to life w/the Heart of Kandrakar! This chapter was nuts. Legit crazy. Can't wait to see how the story ends.
DayDreamer9 chapter 28 . 7/22/2014
Yowza, romance and redemption all rolled into one, with Elyon first having lost her marbles and now she's missing. Aw, they really do care about you, Corny :) Glad she's okay. But what of Caleb?

UPDATE AGAIN SOON PLEASE! 3