Reviews for The Better Son
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Exceptionally good! So bittersweet!
SparksMightFly chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
This is amazing! I'm close to tears! Going to favorites!
MinervaEvenstar chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
You brought up a few good points about their relationship. I would have liked it better if the locket scene wasn’t in there because the transition from the conversation to that scene didn’t flow well. Maybe you could've made them separate chapters or something? I don't know...It wasn't a bad fic, though!
Marivan chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
Lucie - or Lux, pointed me towards this story and I'm immensely glad she did. It is wonderfully well written, and I love the way you write Regulus, and how he had grown and matured between the two scenes. At first Sirius might have been a bit harsher than I typically think of him, but by the time you get to the "there will always be another way" line his anger seems to be justified and understandable.

I was also inspired by the drawing on art dungeon. Though I imagined the conversation between Sirius and Regulus slightly differently, your interpertation is equally as realistic and fits the drawing equally as well. (Some shameless self promotion: Black and White and Full of Color is my first and only fic thus far, so, say, if you want to find it, it shouldn't be that difficult)

To sum things up: it is a lovely piece and it's fun to read something inspired by the same source: so similar and yet so different.
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
oh gosh, poor boy, poor poor boy, but he found another way, I'm glad
Lucie - or Lux chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
Almost as much as you do?

I love the Black brothers -almost- as much as you?

I'm indignant, and might shun you altogether if it weren't for the terrific way you write Sirius. And Reg. And even Kreacher, the despicable little prat.

Plus, you made my heart twist a little along with Sirius', and it takes some damn good writing to do that, so congrats, luv.
Shadowmistress13 chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
Well done. Poor Reggie, looking for glory and finding a nightmare instead. I liked how you portrayed Sirius, I think he did care about Reg. I always took the fact that he still reacts aggressively when he talks about his brother (even years later), shows that their relationship really haunts him. -