Reviews for Repeat
fadedSorrow chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
the last two sentences made a huge impact...and you portrayed clare nicely in the way she blamed herself for what happened to teresa. awesome! but sad TT
shelter chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
I think this fic is complicated because it's addressing something which canon itself leaves a big question mark. And don't worry too much about making these vertical comparisons between Teresa, Clare & Raki - as far as I'm concerned, your fic is narrative & character. Not the final word.

The effect of Raki's words is close to a reverberation. They kind of echo in my mind just as they do in Clare's. Its a good technique & I'll give to credit for that. Clare really seems lost in her thoughts here, & the only thing that seems to keep all those lines together is Raki's repetitive voice.

My only complaint is that the conclusion doesn't match all the paragraphs before it. Repetition stands for emphasis, but in your case Clare somehow reaches an opposite conclusion. As if Raki's voice is some kind of nagging doubt.

Just my humble interpretation.
Wolfish Inclinations chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
A very well-written story. You structure it wonderfully, using quotes as a jumping point for all the different points of comparison. Even things I would never have thought to compare between young Clare and Raki, such as something simple as food, you delved into.

My only objection is the characterization. It might be a difference of opinion, but I believe that Clare feels as strongly towards Raki as she did Teresa. The difference lies in the quality, not the intensity. The love she has for Raki is not the same as that which she had for her foster-mother.
evil-kenshin chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
hmm don't really like this one, Clare certainly cares deeply for Raki (even in the anime), about equal if not more than Teresa did for Clare