Reviews for Run
Dragonfly-Moonlight chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Wow. I likes. It gives me some ideas.
BlindWhitechapel chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
An impressive piece. First of all, the characters, especially Cliff, are right on; your convincing dialogue and descriptions of individual mannerisms make willing suspension of disbelief a pleasure. I got the impression that you saw into these characters a little further than their two-dimensional representations in the game.

Second of all, props for inventing this idiom and fleshing it out. It was a mere kernel of culture, a tiny peek, but I liked the way you presented it: an insight into the Klausian culture as something different but no less rich than the human equivalent. This also gave you credibility, maybe even more than your characterization.

As far as constructive criticism, honestly the only things I can think of are minor stylistic items, more or less subjective-therefore irrelevant. :)

Oh...and thank you for the review you left for me.

The Blind Apothecary
M chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
Fantastic story. The only reason I kept playing the game was for the awesome battle system and Cliff haha.

Interesting take on the Klausians (I had a similar theory/idea with the age "limit" actually!). The fact that this story is told through Maria's point of view really strengthens the bond between audience and storyteller. Err, or something. I think.
aphelion-orion chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
Finally getting around to reviewing this one, as well. I always make mental notes to review stories I like with something more thoughtful, and then I end up forgetting.

Again, I really like the depictions of what Klausians are like, and how Maria is learning to fit in. It's similar to "Push" in that aspect, but that's about it. I really like this different take on their strength and recklessness, and there's an understated sadness to it all that makes me all choked up when reading. It's so easy to forget that Klausians are actually very different, and that there might be drawbacks to their abilities.
MaijiMary Huang chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
This was a brief but good read! Your dialogue flows so naturally, even with the breaks in conversation. I like how you've gone back and examined the nuances of Klausian interaction - I think writers often do forget that there are many different species in the SO world, and even though they tend to have the cookie cutter humanoid look, there's absolutely no reason to limit their lives to human limits, or even meet them (especially interesting and ironically fitting due to the Klausian race's strength). The story itself has such an under-the-surface sadness, that it's simply a matter of fact for their race, but especially sad for someone who's so close but just on the outside of their experience, just watching from the outside.

I also like the ending a lot.