Reviews for A Trio's Eye View: Part II
Taj wyld chapter 1 . 5/26/2019
Please finish this story i love the hyenas id like to see how this ends in a new chapter or part 3
Guest chapter 12 . 5/26/2019
You should make more chapters for this story i love the hyenas so underrated
Mogyoro chapter 8 . 4/13/2016
Afau was such a good character!
ITS SO SAD TOO SEE HER GO!
Guest chapter 2 . 4/10/2016
Still great
mtampiquena chapter 12 . 6/16/2015
You portray what Scar would act like very nicely, and nice job explaining who Nuka's dad probably was. Just like the first part, really well written and I was insane with Ed and Abeni being together, although I don't really think Ed's ready for marriage just yet. And Chapter 11 was the most intense one ever, and the littler Shenzi/Banzai moment you added was so sweet. Love it, just like the last one, I had read it before joining fanfiction. ;
Guest chapter 7 . 7/28/2013
I use to read on computers but is hard on tablets because it turns of Rally fast and wheni touch a Word it says to save but these chapters are really Long and great sometimes i dont whant them to end good Job.
Heavenly Faye-Faye chapter 12 . 1/20/2013
Ah man, it took me forever to read this new chapter! I had to re-read ALL of it, plus Part I to remind myself of what was going on in the story! Heck, I can't even remember when the last time this story updated BEFORE this month. : I was pleased to see an update, though. Don't worry about any guff others give you for taking your time - real life comes first.

Ooh, since this was labeled "Calm Before the Storm", does that mean that some action is actually going to happen next chapter? :o Here's hoping we get to read it sometime in the next month! ;) Good luck!
Lord Razer chapter 12 . 11/1/2012
please, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease make more of this story i love it i love the ed and abeni its so good please continue the story
Tails Is FLUFFY chapter 12 . 1/14/2012
Oops... I nearly forgot about the story! I had to go back and read the whole story again! Anyways love how this is turning.
Machungwa63 chapter 12 . 1/14/2012
Usually your stories are the only ones I read where Nala doesn't play a major part...so I'm not going to complain much about that. As much as my stories have downplayed this point, I think there's more that can be done with an anthro Nala other than...shuddery...stuff. Anyways, back to the actual story at hand: even though time has passed, you haven't lost any of your quality writing/descriptive style, which is always good to see. It was all fun to read and for the first time (unless I said this before...which I may have) I'm starting to take a liking to Maumbu (hope I spelled his name right). He does seem to care for his brother/want the best for him and its always refreshing to go into his background a bit so we don't come off with the impression of him as the a-hole as he seemed portrayed earlier in the story (maybe that's just my take, but that's why my name's next to the review). Enjoyed the read, take your time with the next chapter if you have to though.
Jagagor chapter 12 . 1/9/2012
Excellent chapter as always. The Banzai/Shenzi pseudo-fluff was adorable, and it seems everyone is dealing with romance in one way or another. Flashback was cute, and glad to see that Bujune's fortune is improving.
D4rK Sid3 chapter 12 . 1/9/2012
Wonderful! Magnificent! You dont know the joy I had when I received the email of your update. I have to say tearth that the update was very well worth it.

Where to begin? Ahadi has always been a difficult character. Reckless, brutal and most of all, bipolar. I hate him with a passion, especially after what he did in the beginning. Moving on with the clan of hyenas.

Safia has done an excellent job so far with Shenzi, and I believe that she will do so more, teach her everything she knows so she is strong, or even stronger than she is when she rules the clan. But she will need allies...and here is where the other two males come into question.

And I have to say; poor Ed. Not only because of the hunt, but because Maumbu doesnt recognize his love for Abeni and refuse to help him. I hope he is alright.

As Banzai. Well, Banzai has always been Banzai. Especially at the end.

However its kind of worrying that Shenzi doesnt recognize that Banzai is the one who wants her. We'll see what happens. As for the end...oh my.

I think that Ahadi and the trio will end up meeting as they go to Pridelands. I hope they are alright.

Well then, take care tearth, a pleasure again to read another wondeful chapter, and I cant wait for the next one.

Until then.

From Houston

D4rK
Machungwa63 chapter 11 . 11/23/2010
Nice chapter, I don't have anything to complain about with it really. It will be interesting seeing how/if this blends into the actual movie when Scar proposes the idea (again) to them there if that occurs. Good luck with publishing! I think there were a couple of confusing spots here, but nothing that made me get lost so I think you're up for it. You're good at description and there was never TMI so I found it easy enough to read and really intriguing at times, like what was Maumbu going to do about that mouse? Bringing Scar back in definately helped spice this story up too.
TigressPL chapter 11 . 11/17/2010
It's been a while. It surely has. Funny though, how in the light of new circumstances the period of waiting didn't feel half as heavy to bear. And yet, the message appearing in my mailbox made my day even stronger than the previous ones. Heck, half a week later it still does! Therefore, I took my time, read the whole update twice, relived some situations in dreams – and still, I can only hope this review will be worth another part added to this masterpiece of yours…

I cannot begin with anything else than a huge praise of overall change in pace – I would never believe this story had so much place for improvement. Suddenly, the fate of starving hyenas, fighting for survival, became so much more grave; perhaps for the first time imprinting the conditions they have to live in so firmly in the readers' heads. The fights for food escalating to the extent portrayed, the raging death… As shown through Maumbu's eyes, the graveyard stopped taking steps down the ladder leading to hell, starting to fall down uncontrollably instead, the image of its descent vivid and coherent.

This chapter's attempts to make Elephant Graveyard look as terrible as possible don't end there though. And this time – maybe for the first time since I started reviewing ATEV – I might be able to use it to put some really constructive criticism in. You say accommodation is one of the toughest things to acquire, that hyenas fight each other almost on a weekly basis – very well, but where do the already known facts of life come into the picture? How comes Raziya managed to fend off the inevitable "guests"? Ok, she's close with two families in command of the graveyard, but if that was the case, why is life so difficult for Maumbu? Shouldn't third-in-command's son be valued at least as high as their friend?

Moreover, however did the trio conceal their huge skull? Tons of hyenas seem to know about it, they often walk by etc. – and yet, no one decided to move in? To take a simple example – Maumbu definitely knew about it (maybe not for long, but indubitably – even though I failed to come up with evidence in earlier text, he shows up there in the previous chapter and isn't surprised with the sight) and yet chose fighting for some den over taking such an easy target? I doubt even Hasina's arguments, combined with his deeply hidden feelings for Ed, would be much of an impediment for him.

Before I move on, there's one more thing about this whole epidemic that, ironically, makes me tremble in anticipation for what I don’t want to happen – and the same time can't wait for. The obvious cliffhanger included in the last update is still hanging… and though I hate myself for the choice of vocabulary, I'm dying to see the outcome of the lovely pair's doomsmeal. All that's given in this chapter is Rashid's unmoved exterior, even though he knows perfectly well just how critical his and Neema's situation probably is…

Back to the pace-breakers, there's another one, brought us exclusively by Scar's revelations. I never really tried to portray the event in my head – three innocent minds agreeing to accomplish a deed as horrible as killing a kid… It's like two behemoths clashed in this scene – the reality you've created versus facts presented in films. And the result is really praiseworthy! Once more, I literally heard every single word Scar has uttered, felt the crushing blows he's placed on Shenzi. It's also most enthralling to see the trio disgusted with the very proposition - and simultaneously knowing that they'll ultimately comply to it. The thoughts and changes leading them to the well-known choice will have to be some of the most interesting passages in the whole story, especially when your extraordinary ability to describe everyone's psyche is taken into consideration.

While I'm at it, the quarrel in Maumbu's family was another proof (though I can't imagine someone yet unconvinced) that all the emotions and characters are firmly clenched in your grasp. The feel of hopelessness, parents fighting over nothing, kids making it all even worse… By the time Hasina spilled the beans, I could feel the screen screaming, everything around me yelling without a purpose in the world. And the news themselves are bound to have SO wide consequences. On a side note, though it was a big surprise, it wasn't total – though I have long lost hope to hear something more about something a certain someone mentioned in ATEV II, chapter 4 ;)

Continuing, there's a part portraying Ed in his struggle against Scar's enfolded vision – and though I've already disputed it two paragraphs earlier, I feel Ed needs an individual approach. Presented by this persona is a wonderful opportunity you never failed to use to its limits: as a being naturally unable to speak, he's confined to his own head, thus having a most developed world of thoughts. The whole scene of his battling against the dreaded words to focus on matters being discussed with Abeni is a perfect example. It's also incredible how much you've managed to pull out of the speech Scar has given, referring to all those past events, all of Ed's knowledge… And of course, the unexpected turns his mind takes every now and then, just like inserting that story about a cracked skull and its former inhabitants, have become your absolute trademark when writing about him.

Coincidentally with the aforementioned mental discourse you've placed a piece of much appreciated romance – and as much as I'd love to see the very main pairing in a situation of such peace and mutual affection (a prize probably held by the very ending chapters of the whole ATEV cycle), those two make for a wonderful description anyway. As usually, the emotions and characters develop so naturally and believably… One thing I envy Ed most is his ability to almost pause the world as all the aspects of a given matter flow through his head – as shown here on the example of the marital proposition that's been made.

As I mentioned above, I don't think we can expect a full-out relationship between the famous two until the late pieces of this story – what comes instead of it is just as pleasant to read, though carries hardly similar emotions, at least from my perspective. Like the most recent scene involving them – it's clear as a bell Shenzi was glad to see Banzai, her mind practically served her solution of the hardly difficult riddle, and yet… No, once more she remains oblivious. Since the beginning of this story, Banzai has endured so much for the sake of this relationship that I cannot help feeling for him every time something like that happens – especially when with every new fragment you somehow manage to make the disappointment heavier.

With that matter settled, I believe there's only one fragment left uncommented – and does the sentence "last but not least" fit here! With a powerful dose of first-rate thrill, the description of Shenzi's slowly collapsing mental integrity has sent some real shivers down my spine. Not only does it affect a reader's imagination heavily, it also adds to the picture of death and despair overcoming the graveyard. To see Shenzi broken-minded would be a blow most painful – and though it's almost impossible to happen, the very possibility of such event is hard to bear thinking of. At the same time, this setting shows also just how much has Banzai matured – having gone all the way from making Shenzi trip over his leg to a serious care and expressing his attachment through indirect, yet meaningful phrases…

Well, that does it. This review has required quite an effort, but believe me when I say I'll gladly take it any time, should you feel like producing reasons to do so. It's also been a long time since I was so pleased with a finished review and can only hope it looks half as good when seen by someone else.

As for the dark prophecies included in "present monologue", I fear no more. A work of this size and beauty cannot be left unfinished for life – and we, your fans, are gonna wait just as long as it's gonna take. To quote Iced Earth's song, "If it takes ten thousand years, we never will retreat!" And even though no one else dared to express it, I elect to believe everybody shares this feeling.

Whatever you do, may ideas never cease to come, whatever you write, may it come out at least as astounding as A Trio's Eye View. And whenever you think of hyenas, graveyards and fanfiction – spare a second and smile at the thought that there are people seriously loving your works. I sure will smile anytime a scene from any of your stories pops into my head – just as I have for so long time already…

With final greetings and thanks for creating something so wonderful,

Tigress.
Light Ebony Dark Ivory chapter 11 . 11/16/2010
I truly loved the skeleton scene. It was very impressive!