Reviews for Spoils of War
Saris Yui chapter 15 . 8/18
There is nothing to say except this story is awesome! I'm sorry to report to you that I still dislike Kenshin all the way from chapters 1-15 and I don't see that changing unless he does some serious groveling! Update soon!
geregiaromelie chapter 15 . 8/18
Wow! I love the story and drama ...please let this story continue on! I will see to the end of it 'cause this is genius!
"You have hurt me beyond reason, beyond my ability to hold back my words. I trusted you and you have failed to live up to that, but it's my fault, for we have no agreement. I believe you have acted as you see best. You must forgive me if I hate you for it."

Kenshin flinched inwardly as she shook her head in frustration, searching for the words to express how she felt.

"You are an honorable man, I acknowledge it; I hope to never be in the power of another."

Believe it or not, this little speech from Kaoru is probably my most favorite text in this whole story. Maybe it blends so well with my character (though I think she is far better at controlling her emotions here than I would have been)? Excited for another update!
guest chapter 15 . 7/23
This whole situation sounds like a very familiar historical battle, and it did NOT end well for the samurai. I can't tell if I want some dramatic, heart breaking ending or if I want a happy ending! I want to predict the next scene based off said historical situation, but I'm afraid it might turn into a spoiler so I'll zip my lips and wait.
kimi.the.water.spirit chapter 15 . 7/10
So happy for this chapter update! I wanted to let you know that I read it the second you posted it but I just never got a chance to review until now. I wanted to suggest geisha, a life. It's a good book that shows more about their life's than memoirs of a geisha does. Also was this story based on another book? Can't wait for more!

-kimi-chan-
ai chapter 15 . 7/9
OMG i cant believe u have updated i mean i really have lost all d hope of ever reading the next ch of this fic but iam glad that u havent good wrk plzzz keep updating thnku
Saphira113 chapter 15 . 7/2
I didn't think about the consequences of the storm for the fleet. Nice plot twist having the fleet destroyed! I think this might really be bad news for the clan of the Long Haired Kings, as now they are going to have to face the armies at their back. But perhaps good news for Kaoru? Perhaps now that Kenshin is not leaving so irrevocably as to cross the ocean he will not be able to give her up?

Also, thank you very much for updating this story after so long! I will admit that I had to go back and reread the whole thing.
J Luc Pitard chapter 15 . 6/30
Love this! I avoided this story at first, due to the slave girl trope, but I'm glad I trusted you to give it a new twist. Looking forward to more. Can we expect another twist in that Misao and Aoshi (the younger, not the one who's going to die) will find a loving- if stoic- romance? Just a thought. Sano's been mainly off screen, though it's good to see his happy family keep growing. Your world building is plenty interesting. I like the way the samurai are a foreign folk. Mercenaries living within, but keeping outside of the culture they occupy. Hmmm.
66ButterflyOfDarkness99 chapter 15 . 6/28
OMG...I started reading this jewel of a fic this morning and couldn't drop it until I reached its last chapter...A-M-A-I-Z-I-N-G! Please, just PLEASE, tell me he won't marry Tomoe...tell me the storm just, KILLED her I don't know XD
I'm one of those suckers for happy endings, you know? Hahahahaha! Can't wait for the next chapter!
Paper Roses 95 chapter 15 . 6/26
I've just found this story and I must say that I am completely hooked! Abandoned my college assignments just to read this 15 beautiful chapters. Looking forward to the next chapter
jobetz chapter 15 . 6/26
Thank you for continuing this story. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
I'm happy you're back. I'm excited to see where the story goes.
Kaotic I. Deas chapter 15 . 6/25
I'm surprised this story isn't in my favorites! Thoroughly enjoyed reading it! I appreciate the way you write Kenshin and Kaoru together. Their worries, fears, enjoyment, passion, etc. Nicely done!

I'll be keeping an eye out for more chapters!
Guys maybe this is completly unnecessary but since it can change a girls life.. It still possible to get pregnant even if the male comes outside, because the penis ejaculates a little before the climax, is more rare but it still could happen. I am sorry if I offend anyone but I know a girl whose life changed completly because she didn't know that.( she is happy now ) I am loving this story buy the way.
cira chapter 15 . 6/25
I'm so glad you updated! I love reading this story. Each chapter leaves me thinking about the characters long after I'm done reading. If you'll keep writing we will keep reading :)