Reviews for Harry's Ducky
msremus119 chapter 1 . 7/30
Me gusta mucho esta novela! I love the direction this is going already. I was offended by Harry's treatment in canon, so bless you for putting him with intelligent and loving people! Keep up the great work!
I found this on your website and I couldn't seem to find it
anymore. i am so grateful to find this here. You did a
great job blending the two worlds. Thank you.
TheRavenIs chapter 15 . 5/30
great read
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 4/2
"Sevald? Why did you create such a name?"
"... because there was no way I'd have agreed to call our baby Donerus."

Hm. Personally, I think both names are pretty odd, but Donerus sounds slightly less weird than Sevald! LOL! Actually, I hope they come up with a good nickname. I'm sure Tonks will have PLENTY to say to both parents about their cruelty and the trauma of having to grow up with a weird name. In fact, there's a cute idea for a short little follow-up vignette to this story, should you ever decide to write one.

Nice story. Thanks for sharing.
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 4/2
Ari Aswari? Does that bode ill for Kate?

I can't believe Dumbledore didn't tell the other teachers about the Stone. I thought Abby had impressed upon him the importance of not keeping critical secrets that could cost lives if the people who NEEDED to know didn't. It still looks, sounds, and smells as if Dumbledore set Harry up to test him ... as if he is still playing games with Harry's life. I can't believe this family of Harry's will let that continue. I hope.
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 4/2
Well, Ron and Hermione aren't my favorite pairing, either in canon or in fanon, but maybe the family can train the tendency to be a lazy, selfish, jealous git right out of Ron if they get hold of him soon enough. Presumably, those qualities haven't taken root in him yet. Perhaps a more diligent Ron and a Harry who is not afraid to show his own intelligence or trust those adults who love him will prevent Hermione's negative qualities from surfacing. While I generally like Hermione, her need for control - and her belief that she knows what is best for others (not unlike Albus) - can warp into overdrive when Ron slips into his "irresponsible, lazy git" mode ... especially if he attempts to drag Harry along with him. (Remember the Firebolt incident.)

Oh, no! Draco in Gryffindor? Neville in Slytherin? (I always think of Neville as the quintessential 'Puff.) Augusta probably will have a heart attack.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 4/2
It's lovely when kids are still young enough and innocent enough that they haven't yet developed prejudices ... when the only thing that matters to them is whether someone is good to others, treats them well, and wants them to be happy.

Harry seems to have an extraordinary amount of empathy toward Severus, apparently as a result of the information Kitty shared with him. He seems able to understand and forgive Snape's indiscretion about the prophecy, despite the result, which is good. I do hope he gives Sirius a fair shot, though, as it is possible that prison has changed him. He has, after all, had many years to reflect on his behavior. It's also important to understand how Sirius was treated by his own family when he was younger. If he'd had a more loving family at an earlier age - perhaps one like Harry had - maybe he wouldn't have become such a bully. Look how Draco has changed just by spending time among Harry's extended family. They seem to be counteracting the evil influence of Lucius very nicely.

It will be interesting to see how Sirius handles Harry's strong loyalties. Perhaps, if he is "folded" into the extended family as Lupin has been, he will be able to see and do what is best for Harry. I hope so. Sev's curing of Lupin's lycanthropy should go a long way toward securing Sirius's goodwill, as Sirius loves Lupin like a brother. It should convince him that Sev is truly a good guy who loves Harry like a son. I guess we shall see.
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 4/2
Good chapter. And I was right ... There is a sense of healing in your story, whatever may happen in the upcoming chapters.

Your story reminds me a bit of Robst's "Harry Crow," the way Harry keeps "adopting" people into his family. In his story, all of Harry's adopted family - Goblin, elf, Veela, Muggle, witch, or wizard - love him and are united by their desire to keep him safe and help him defeat Riddle. I sense that in your story, as well.

It's good to see Snape find a "father figure" in Ducky, even if it is late in the game. Knowing someone else can find him worthy of love - even a Muggle - can go a long way toward helping to heal Snape of some of the sadness and bitterness and deep wounds that have ruled his life.

Good chapter.
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 4/2
Remus is at Spinners End, and Severus is the name of Abby's grumpy cat. What's going on here? Is Severus the cat an animagus ... or some cursed transfiguration? And why is Remus at Snape's place?

It looks like your Albus may be more forthcoming with information. I hope so, as his tendency to keep secrets often results in "bad, bad things," as the song goes.

I'm curious to see how Draco plays into the plot. I'm glad that Remus is now in Harry's life. He is such a gentle soul and one of my favorite canon characters.
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 4/2
I'm curious about why you have Kitty say "I can will ..." Why not just have her say "I can ..." or "I will ..."?

I really like your story. Some things about your style remind me of Healer Pomfrey. The stories are quite different, but there is a gentleness and caring among those who surround Harry. I realize things could change as the story progresses, but right now, there is a sort of soothing feel to your story. It is especially welcome after reading several very dark stories.
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 4/2
Good for Harry! He has a loving new family who are REAL family, meaning they love him. Even better, they have magical heritage, so that is a huge future issue (accidental magic) already managed. IMO, the blood protection is just a bonus for him. I do worry about the scar, however; just Muggle-healing it is only temporary, isn't it? Unless the dark magic is removed, won't it still give him trouble?

I wonder how long it will be before old Whisker-face starts bothering them. Or will the blood protection remaining intact mean that he can't detect the change, and they stay off his little silver "radar machines"?
Mary Johnsdottor chapter 15 . 2/7
Dear Drucilla,
I have recently discovered your stories and I think that they are wonderful. You not only have the "voice" of Ms. Rowling's characters down to a marvelous degree you also write our NCIS friends with a excellent control. So often crossovers seem rather trite, but your work does not have this problem. I hope you find you muse and plot bunnies again. I look forward to reading more of your work.
Sincerely,
Mary Janette (aka Mary Johnsdotter)
Firewolfe chapter 5 . 8/25/2015
Love the story but Mike and Dumbledore is just sick sorry. Mike so has better taste then that. No problem if he turned out bi or gay but Dumbles really ewww.
Syret chapter 15 . 2/24/2015
I Loved Silver Lining and when I noticed you wrote another I just had to read it. This story is Fabulous! Great Job!
geetac chapter 15 . 1/20/2015
I enjoyed and loved reading the story very much.