Reviews for Clockwork
b1oom chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
This is simply breathtaking. I had to read it twice. There is so much lush texture and haunting detail, so much breadth and scope to this, it really could serve as the beginning of a multi-chapter fic. You teasingly trace the surface of Sweeny Todd, dipping sporadically, but never fully plumbing his depths. There is so much more that could be done here, so much to be explored.

I love the voice of this, not overly fanciful but exactly right. Jarringly spare. Beautiful and harsh. The first paragraphs are sheer brilliance. Sweeny to a tee.

I wish I had time to leave a real review, but I've got boxes to pack and a little brother to look for.

roberre chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
This was spectacular!

Very true to the voice of the characters. It seems real.

And it's such a bitter sweet triumph for Sweeney at the end, because he just slaughtered his chance to be truly happy, and it seems he'll just keep on doing so. If he just LET himself feel, true, it would be opening him up to all the painful emotions, but he'd be far better off for it.

That's part of the tragedy of the tale, though. Revenge just hurts everyone involved.

I suppose that's why there are AU fanfictions where he realizes this and gets to live happily ever after. xD

Anyways, good job!
Alpha Bravo Charlie chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
You're right, this wasn't very optimistic, but I still liked it. :) I like how Mr. T thinks that Thought is a beast, that it's better not to think. And I loved how he told Mrs. Lovett "I didn't like his hat" after he brutally murdered the poor fellow. :) Can't wait until you write more!
Marzi chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Definitely on my favorites; really a beautiful piece.
Obscure Bird chapter 1 . 6/28/2008

That has got to be one of the most brilliant stories on here!
Bloody pumkinhead chapter 1 . 6/28/2008
Theeheehee, Sweeney goes crazy! Very well written and 100% in character as always. Thank ya, dearie, for saving my day with this lil' piece of art xD
Vaetra chapter 1 . 6/28/2008
Yay! You wrote another Sweeney Todd fic! This is very eerie, and beautifully written. I particularly like Sweeney and Mrs L's conversation at the end, how the first thing she notices is that he's hurt, and how he still manages to come up with yet more sarcastic responses. :) The ending, too, was haunting.
E. Linnet chapter 1 . 6/28/2008
Yeah, just for the record, this is possibly the best Sweeney Todd oneshot that I've ever read. Am kind of in shock.

Brutally in character - were you thinking at all of Fight Club at, "...this simple and easy act of destroying something beautiful"? Really reminded my of it.

I loved the end interaction between Lovett and Todd too. All of this was so refreshingly in character, I have to go log in now so I can fav it. Fantastic work here, I hope that you write a lot more angst like this - don't stop writing your fluff though, because I just adore Palettes and any other follow-ups you might have for The History of the World.

Seriously awesome stuff here, though :D Can't wait to read more of your angst.