Reviews for My Obligation
La-di-da chapter 32 . 8/25/2013
You're such an amazing and detailed writer! No wonder you've been working on this for so long, I can't imagine creating something like this in a short period of time. Don't be pressured you're doing great! (But hopfully you didn't need me to tell you so.)

I also wonder the same things as MoJo-TTE. Do you have any tips for us? Methods you use? Anything at all?
MoJo-TsuneniToEien chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
About how long does it take you to make each chapter? Do you have any tips on writing romance or stories in general?
Goku's Donut chapter 2 . 4/11/2013
Oh my GOD!

It's almost as if you read my mind! Eirika/Innes! Eirika/Seth! What!? You seriously have no idea how much I'm wigging out over here! I was not expecting Innes to be so BOLD, but then again, he always was a snarky turd monster when it came to Eirika. I giggled and squeed at the thought of Ephraim/Tana - they're so cute! At one point I pictured the prince with La'Arachel, but I'm what-and-what about her. This is, hands down, the best story I've read! You have my favorite eveything! I won't ask any questions about couples (I was gonna ask about Seth/Natasha, but please don't mind it) since I have about 32 more chapters to read, lol. You have me ensnared!
ShanaNight chapter 31 . 3/20/2013
Hey ! I'm sorry, I didn't have reviewed your last chapters but I did read them. What I definitely loved about your story is you take so much importance to the psychology of your characters, and we can understand easily their personnalities : their strenghts, weaknesses, and their doubts.
The conflict Seth/Innes is greatly written. Innes is arrogant and full of himself like he must be, and Seth is not at his ease, with a lot of questions and doubts.

I love Ephraim/Seth conversation too, and God, I love Ephraim now. He's so caring and much more attentive than I ever thought. He looks like a king torn between a political wedding and his beloved sister's happiness.

I hope to read the sequel soon ! Eirika and the other will meet again ! :D

Thanks a lot for all these new chapters !
The Musing Airhead chapter 5 . 3/13/2013
Hey there! So I saw this story a week or so ago, and I all I can say is that I love it!... Well actually, I only got to the end of this chapter... But that doesn't matter because I'm going to finish this. It's funny, before I even saw this story I was thinking of a something like this- Eirika with someone else and Seth there to watch (a tad like that). Where am I going with this?... Oh yeah, I think deserves more reviews, so that is what I'll give you! Later on anyway, when I have time to read... ;p
ShanaNight chapter 28 . 2/27/2013
Great ending ! I think I need a second look on the text to understand all of the content, but I must admit I fell in love with the beginning of your chapter. Your way to explore Eirika's mind before her awakening is touching and even the transition to the moment she opens her eyes is a good choice. I don't know why I love that, I just had a great feeling reading that.

Natasha's personnality is touching. I think you made a good choice keeping her great side of compassion : that was developped in-game, but I really think this is what defines her the most. It brings some peace in the complexity of the situation.

There is a certain tension in the two sides, and I love the way you let it grow in your writing. It really makes me impatient to read the following chapters to see how they can resolve that.

Thank you for the chapter ! I'm looking forward for the others ! :D
Gunlord500 chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
Hmm...published in '08 and updated in '13? It's always nice to see an old hand around here, and even nicer when they've written a very nice fic! Aside from the quality of the style and writing, I really like how you provide so much background information on the characters in this chapter, like Seth's father being named Caradoc...I don't believe that was from FE8 (It's been a while since I've played XD). Lil details like that are nice to see in fanfic. Thanks for coming back! :D
ShanaNight chapter 27 . 2/20/2013
Hey ! So happy you finally updated your story. I love the way you choose to write about Seth, his hesitation, his duty, his love for the princess... You have a good writing, and for me (english is not my first language) it's great to read you.

I'm waiting for the sequel, keep up your very good job ! :D
A fan chapter 24 . 7/15/2012
Please finish the story it is soooooo good!
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 24 . 1/4/2010
Yay! You updated! WooHoo! LOL. Nice to see that Seth woke up. Good job on this chapter, keep up the good work! Hope you update soon! :] :] :]
Qieru chapter 23 . 10/7/2009
I have been absolutely meaning to drop you another proclamation of love and awe over your writing, but things have beaten me away from it (meant to for the update in the summer and then we had a weekend trip, and the school was starting... and then i got plum lazy because I'm a bum : ). I know you haven't been feeling to inspired to work on this fic, and I understand. It makes it all the more delightful when you /do/ feel it and update. Your writing is so amazing and enriching that I'm just drawn into it.

You portray characters in ways that make them human. You aren't glamorizing certain relationships or really trying to push anything, and it really helps to hold the suspense. For instance, Ephraim's thoughts concerning Eirika are sometimes dark, possessive, or unusual, but they are written in a way that seems real. I see it as a part of his character, rather than something that was thrown into him for fun or lazy interest or rather than his core. It's...balanced, so to speak, with his other traits and not screaming for attention (something it garners well enough on its own by its own construction). While it's not something I would have considered myself, it makes me interested in how he thinks, how it affects his decisions. It adds depth to him.

I also think it's interesting how, so far, it seems everyone has really been thinking in their own interest, rather than Eirika's in terms of her prospective are being decided in secret and without her in a very human line of deceit. No one is infallible or perfect here, and I really like that.

So... I dunno if I'm coming clear or not, this is somewhat stream-of-consciousness. But I suppose the bottom line is that you are still making characters real and interesting, even (or perhaps especially) ones I hadn't really given much thought to before, like Innes and Ephraim. (aww, let's be honest, I kind of tend to push FE8 to the side for FE7, but your fic continues to inspire me to think about it more, bring ideas and sometimes arts to the top of my mind.)

Always excited to read your next,

Qieru
Tweek chapter 22 . 7/13/2009
Sorry I don't have the chance to log in, my account is no one note-worthy anyways, haha.

I love this story so much, it's exactly what I wish there was more of on this site as an obsessed SethxEirika follower, haha. I'm not sure what your reasons are for your hiatus on this but I hope they won't last long because I look forward to the day this story can progress. :)
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 22 . 7/12/2009
o, very interesting chapter. I really enjoyed it! I look forward to read the next chapter! Keep up the brilliant work!
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 21 . 7/12/2009
yay! another chapter! I understandwhat Tana means, but still...
Maxmagnus20019 chapter 22 . 7/10/2009
Good chapter, keep up the good work!