Reviews for In the Heat of the Moment
Parnassus chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
"And even though everything was fading, he could still see the toughness, the lack of emotion fall away as if it had never been there. There you are. There was hope yet, because this was his Sam, tears spilling over, hands shaking as they held Dean, and face so full of love that even if he'd ever doubted how Sam felt, he didn't anymore." - I'd love to believe you spent hours on this sentence, but I just know you didn't because everything you write flows with such beautiful clarity and synchrony. The "There you are" made my chest hurt and left my mouth gaping open - it was that good. I'm always sort of overwhelmed with emotions when I read pieces of yours like this and they sort of leave me at a loss for words - but just know that I'm enjoying your immense body of work to no end and your masterful grasp and portrayal of the brother's layered relationship is such a treat to read. Thank you.
Oh my chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
So heartfelt :)
This was a good fic :D
Shazza chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
Oh my...really blown away... And feel really stupid. Just hanging around, reading another one of your great fics, waiting casually for season 9, yes 9, enjoying the Mystery Spot story, after seeing that epi at least 6 times, when suddenly you identify the Sam from after the Wed. death for me. It's JOHN after the fire! It is so clear now that you have said it...I feel so stupid, all this time and I did not get who robo Sam was like! I am not worthy...sigh
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
I liked how Dean had to re-absorb what Sam was trying to tell him in each and every scenario. They kind of glossed over that part of the episode in the actual show because you can't go through the explanation 100 plus times. But it was really interesting seeing how both Sam and Dean took it as time went on.

And the irony of this line was absolutely stunning: Sometime between the night before and that morning, someone had died and made Sam his big brother's bodyguard, and the thought was so disturbing, so not the natural order of things, that it left Dean seriously disconcerted.
SiriuslyYours chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
That was brilliant! And you wrote the characters so true to themselves, and I absolutely loved that. Well written and enjoyable to read! Great job.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
great take
medicgirl chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
Awesome look inside one of the most heartbreaking episodes I've seen. Full of great lines, but two of my favorites are:

"Dean rolled his eyes, following his loco bro because what else was he going to do, leave Sam there with a hostage and an axe? Confront him with a hostage and an axe?"

and

"Sammy laughed again, and it sounded more like stressed Sam Winchester this time and less like a circling-the-drain Jack Torrance, so major points for that."

Those sound exactly like what I would imagine Dean;s train of thought to be. Awesome job!
Menthol Pixie chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
I love your Mystery Spot stories. It was one of my favourite episodes and you write it so well, really getting into Sam and Dean's heads.

It was really cool reading one from Dean's POV while everything's going on. I loved it, and every day Dean wakes up (well, on Tuesday...again) and thinks "Sam was acting weird." and I just loved how at the end Dean believed Sam when he said he was going to fix it.

Great work!
Thriving Willow chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
I KNEW it! If it wasn't so depressing, I'd think it was hilarious that Dean got Robbin Hooded.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Oh! Great *-* I love that episode! I always kept wondering how Dean fealt about the whole "today-you-die" situation! 'Cause that should have looked like Sam had just freaked out during the night XD

Kisses and that totally rocked! )

See ya o/

Rosetta
Whilom chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
** He saw Sam’s face make one final slide from shocked to shattered.**

You had me at the whole beginning section, and especially with this awesome line. And then the repeated, “Sam was acting weird.” How awful for Sam to have to realize he was emotionally alone on this hunt. And you tapped into that with the line, “This was Sam alone, even with Dean right there next to him.”

This part, though: ** Sam’s cheek. Eyes saying what his mouth couldn’t; it had always been enough.

And even though everything was fading, he could still see the toughness, the lack of emotion fall away as if it had never been there. There you are. There was hope yet, because this was his Sam, tears spilling over, hands shaking as they held Dean, and face so full of love that even if he’d ever doubted how Sam felt, he didn’t anymore.

“I’m going to save you,” Sam choked.**

Man, that part. I need a Kleenex right now because my keyboard is getting all wet. Sam’s grief in that episode was so hard to watch, and even harder to read in your stories. Good job.
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
This was absolutely fantastic in every way, shape and form.

I also like the way you started each section with the same line- "Sam was acting weird." And then it got progressively darker and darker. And I loved the last section- "There you are." When Dean saw the old Sam still in there. That was great.

Good job!
vampyfreak chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
Wow, that was a seriously cool fic!
zookitty chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
hahaha spiderman pajamas! I love it!

-“Dude, you’re not going to do something I’m gonna regret, are you?”- this is an absolutely DEAN line, I love it. I like how you go inside poor confused Dean's head in this one, well done! oh Sam and the axe was a whacked out scene wasn't it? Poor dear.

aaw Sam sobbing! -cries-

I like how you mix angst and humor in this story, it's so perfect

I like how you dealt with how Sam would be after Dean really died, well put because I kept thinking that the whole episode. What Dean doesn't seem to get is that Sam was fine without him at college...because Dean was ALIVE somewhere else.

-And found he was scared of something else more than he was of death and Hell.- This line clenched my heart literally...ohmigosh it was so good.

aw that ending! -dies from the beauty!-

Amazing
Vampyvii chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
This is a very good tag to one of the best episodes of the series - Excellently written!
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »