Reviews for The Edge of Winter
Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 9 . 1/1/2011
Ahh, that's a nice end to the story. (:

Thanks for another fan-freaking-tastic read, and happy new year!

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 8 . 1/1/2011
Such a heart-breaking chapter!

Dean thinking Sam was back to stay in 2002; the whole situation with Rose coming to an end; and that closing scene! I mean, my God, you're tugging at the heart-strings with this one!

And that final line brought a tear to my eye; a beautiful end to the chapter.

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 7 . 12/30/2010
"We'll save that for Sundays. Unless our ox happens to be in a ditch."

"We don't have any damn ox, Old Man."

Every time I hear that metaphor, I smile. (:

Very dramatic ending - so glad I don't have to wait for the next chapter! That would be a painful wait.

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 6 . 12/30/2010
Aww, I do love the Velveteen Rabbit references. My favourite childhood book. (:

I also like all this information about the Taos Hum. It's interesting to read about, knowing that it is an actual phenomenon (...just like the talking mongoose). ;)

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 5 . 12/30/2010
Poor Dean and his bear-phobia. :P

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I am totally loving all the Pastor Jim-ness of this story. He's such an awesome guy! I always get excited when I hear his name mentioned briefly on Supernatural, cause in my mind, he has a much more interesting backstory. (:

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 4 . 12/30/2010
Another brilliant chapter - the weaving of the current situation with Sam and Caleb's memory from 2002 is very clever, and it's great to read that memory, after having it hinted at for so long.

(Of course, I have read this story before, but it was quite a while ago, so I don't remember it. It's like new!) :D

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 3 . 12/27/2010
Glad to see Elijah and Ethan back in the story - I do love those boys. (:

And what a great entry:

"Bacon. I knew I smelled bacon."

And again, Jim and Dean's conversation was wonderful.

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 2 . 12/27/2010
I always love Jim's "visits". He died too soon. 8(

Beautifully written, bittersweet stuff.

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
I loved Caleb's flashback - anything involving Caleb being protective and brotherly to Dean makes me smile. (:

And Jessup and his three word responses are awesome!

Very mysterious and intense start to the story.

Alyssa Halliwell chapter 9 . 8/16/2009
Random, but I definately preferred this the second time of reading it, I think I picked more up the second time :)

I really like the relationsip between Caleb and Sam, how complicated it is, and how pretty much all different sides of it were shown in the story.

Oh, and Eli and Ethan are awesome!
bLEWfire chapter 9 . 12/8/2008
Oh Ridley, here I am - finally - at the end of this story. I am so sorry I had to bail on being one of your avid fans for awhile while I was settling into my new life in Austin. But I am now plowing my way through the Brotherhood stories to catch up and have just finished this one. I wanted to review every chapter, but I figured it was better if I just read it all first.

I thought this story was - of course - phenomenal. While I've enjoyed this season more than I expected to, it hasn't really set me afire. This story managed to remind me of why I love SN so much - and particular why your AU is the coolest thing to come from it. You know I have a soft spot for Sammy and I've always thought that the Caleb/Sam relationship was the AU's one weak point - so it means a ton to me to see that fleshed out a bit. It still kind of makes me sad that it's so hard for them to care for each other directly, but I'm glad that they're trying.

My two absolute favorite parts of this story were when Sam picked up the amulet (I gasped), and when John and Mary showed up for the meal (I cried). I want to know if Caleb is going to bring up the amulet again to Sam, and I'm super excited to read Marked Time and In Victus to find out.

A couple of quick questions:

Will any of you guys be making an appearance at the LA con in March? I've heard that it's going to be the last one.

And what are the relative ages of everyone in the Brotherhood? I'm specifically curious about how Gideon, Ethan, and Eli's ages compare to Sam, Dean, and Caleb's. I looked on the Hunter's Tomb but I couldn't find anything.

Also, is there some kind of diagram that shows the lineage of the Triad? I'm trying to understand how the progression occurred at least from Julian forward.

Okay that's all I'll say for now, but I'm starting Marked Time tomorrow and I'm super psyched! Thanks for all you do! You are amazing!
Shifting chapter 9 . 10/15/2008
Wow, what a pleasure to read. Thank you so much for putting so much time and thought into this immensely satisfying piece of work.

Your mastery of dialogue and of the Supernatural characters shone through beautifully in this fic. Even your arguments are elegantly crafted- I think I enjoyed reading them more than I did the resolutions. Oh, and I loved it when Sam and Caleb came to blows- I don't know if I should have- but that made me feel so much better about my own life.

Another aspect of this fic that I found greatly satisfying to read was the Pastor Jim/Dean conversations. Such honesty and contentment between the two. The world would be a better place if everyone had a Pastor Jim in their lives.

Thank you, once again, for having the patience to put your creativity into an organized fic! Keep up the good work.
lovinandrew chapter 9 . 10/1/2008
hey Ridley :)

I know I'm slack lol but I've finally gotten to review. I could tear this whole story apart and give you dozens of moments which i love and adore but I'm not. I'm just gonna say this story is just one of the best ones i have read. The conflict between Caleb and Sam was sensational and it had to happen, I think you wrote it brilliently even if some people didnt like some of the things that were said, as they say, truth hurts.

The whole story was one i will remember and will look forward to your next one. And oh i cant wait for the first meeting between Mackland and John, should be good hehe

Just keep writing thats all we ask

Debbie x0x
Inherent Anxiety chapter 9 . 9/27/2008
300 pages? damn! anyway, awesome chapter! absolutely phenomenal. sad, but amazing. The part where Sam and Caleb were arguing by the pond and Caleb talked about when Sam shot him. Wow...just wow. I mean, how Caleb put it- i hadnt even thought of that. as usual Ridley, this was epic.

also, that part where Caleb was remembering Duran Hughes forcing Dean to remove the protection amulet- is that in a story? If so, could you tell me the title? Thanks Rid! :D
raputathebuta chapter 9 . 9/24/2008
Great finish, Ridley! I love that you had Caleb bring up the friendly fire incident from when they were kids. I'm glad that Sam & Caleb were able to work some things out...it was heartbreaking having htem go at eachother all the time here. Understandable & necessary, but heartbreaking all the same!

I also liked Eli & Sam having their discussion.

Looking forward to the next story!