Reviews for A Cold Winter's Night Dream
Charlie Girl 79 chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
As always loved your tale! Been waiting for this one since the sneak preview - preview was good but the finished work AWESOME. loved the cuddles vs huddles, and Sam snuggling into the fragrance of Dean jacket. Wish I was cold and snuggled in the jacket, heavenly.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
Finally got the chance to read this! And I certainly wasn't disappointed. I really loved the way Sam felt like he could relax as soon as Dean arrived because that meant he was safe - obviously a reflex that goes back to childhood. And that played nicely into Dean's little observations about it being easier to dress Sam or carry Sam when he was a little kid, further reinforcing that taking care of his brother really has been his job for as long as either of them can remember.

Oh and it was really hot here today too - so when I say I got chills reading it, you get an idea of how well you evoked the freezing landscape!
supernaturaldh chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
This was a great story. Loved it.
Colby's girl chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Wow that was a great story. After going through one of the snowiest winters on record last winter..I had all the mental images I needed for the story. In fact, as a kid I used to dig out snow caves! Of course I drove my mother mad with worry that it would collapse and suffocate one of us..but hey! as a kid those were unimportant details. LOL
Dragonflysoul chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Oh, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED this! There is just something about a freezing cold Sam. lol I'm so faving this! Thank you! Well done! "We're huddling" LOL!
SamDeanLover28 chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
i loved it.
kokoda2007 chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
You're really spoiling us - not that I'm complaining, mind you.

I forced myself to wait to read this - saving it like a treat, and I was not disappointed. I could just soak up the angst you write.

You write the boys relationship beautifully. A little broken, as it is, but that underlying strong bond of love. Just perfect.
Phx chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Oh girl, I could rave about this story for hours. What a wonderful treat. You hit all my sweet spots, cold and hurt Sammy stuck in a small space, protective and angsty Dean stepping up to the plate. Dean using his own body to warm his little bro - now isn't that a delightful visual... girl... wow. I especially loved when Sam realized that Dean was getting cold trying to warm him up and tries to pull away, which of course Dean doesn't let him... aw...!

This is a story I will read and re-read for a long time. It is like drinking a steaming cup of hot chocolate on a cold winters night; definitely comfort food for the craving soul.

The 'Please Dean, I'm cold' is one of my favorite lines from this story. Sammy sounds so young and all he wants is his big brother to make everything okay. And I loved your descriptions of the cold - I was shivering in my near one hundred degree heat.

So thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I truly adored and inhaled this story :)
Lucian32 chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
thank you for this fic I really enjoy it :)
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Poor Sammy! That was really well written, and I completely enjoyed reading! Awesome, awesome job!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Terrific fic, hun. Hurt!Sammy, angsty!Dean . . . m.

Great job. I felt the cold and the wet, sloppy snow falling in on Sam. *shudder* I've never been quite that cold, but you described it pretty well, I think.

Well done!
cindy123 chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Absolutely wonderful story! Loved it!

Cindy.
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
How much did love this? Enough to get my tardy ass into gear and say just how much I hungrily devoured this chapter ...or indeed just how much this opening salvo to this promising great story gave me enough awkward grace in putting off a review later to now say freshly, my thanks without delay.

Truly I hate the fact that I am a mile long in saying just how much I have been enjoying (okay devouring like the glutton I am)all your recent works. It makes me feel a bit pig ignorant at times, cos knowing just how important feedback is, letting time constraints act as an excuse just seem inadequate. So yeah me bad reviewer, grateful reader though, and seriously am looking forwards, as always, to that special input from your pen. Rozzy
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Good stuff!
Muffy Morrigan chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
The perfect story to read on the hottest day of the year. This one rocks utterly, Phx shoulod count herself a lucky woman. I can't decide my favorite part-There are so many gems here, it's almost an overdose. Huddling? Awesome. Simpsons reference (you get a point on the geek meter) Cold vulnerab;e Sam? *sighs*

Five lovingly detail, freshly waxed Impalas with singing Winchesters there in.
64 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »