Reviews for A Cold Winter's Night Dream
carocali chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Another wonderful foray into the Winchester world! I like that they are still a little awkward around each other, having just been reunited. But their love and concern is ever-present:

“When’s the last time you had a tetanus booster?” he tossed off casually. “Those wounds were pretty dirty and the glawackas may be a supernatural animal, but it is an animal.”

“That fishing trip we took with Pastor Jim before…” Sam’s voice trailed off as he cut off the line of thought. “Around four years ago.”

Just enough angst there to make my heart hurt. Before everything changed for the brothers. Sigh...

You know how much I love the little factoids littered throughout this whole thing; nonchalantly placed for information, but I know better!

Fantastic piece, as usual! Thanks for sharing!

;D

Caroline
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
This was a very cool(no pun intended) nicely written one shot with just enough angst and action to rate among the best. Great work with the brother interaction. I always love hurt Sammy in an original was new. Great job and thanks for sharing with us.
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
THAT WAS GREAT! I love the banter between the brothers, even when Sam is delirious!
lucablue chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Awesome story! The details were so good, I felt like I was watching the damn thing unfold right before me. Cool monster but absolutely loved the way Dean looks after Sammy.

Hurt Sam stories seem to be growing on me as well and I love how he seems so young when he's hurt - how he has absolute trust in Dean.

Perfect Sam and Dean - great writing!

lb.
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Ugh, I hate cold weather... thank god it's warm outside, otherwise I might have had to print this and read it in bed under a lot of layers. Poor Sammy! But it always makes me feels warm inside to get a dose of big-brother-Dean so that helped :) :)

Thanks so much for sharing, I loved it!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Great writing, just love limpSam fics and yours was a treat!

Always nice to hear of a new creature they are hunting, and loved it that there were a pair of them to kill! Great that Sam actually did manage to kill his despite all his injuries!

You write Dean taking care of Sam so well, from finding him buried in the snow, getting him back to the impala and tending to him in the motel room!

He stopped struggling and relaxed back into Dean’s embrace. He drifted between awareness and sleep comforted by the warm and solid presence at his back. “Are we cuddling?” Sam asked finally, unable to keep the incredulous note out of his chattering voice.

“Hell no,” Dean protested, though his tone was light. “We’re huddling. If the Navy Seals can huddle during training exercises to stay warm, so can we.”

“Sure, Dean,” Sam said, his voice a mere whisper. “We’re huddling.” He relaxed and let his mind shut down. Dean was here and he didn’t need to try to stay awake any longer.

Loved that part, so funny, Dean would never admit to anything as chick flicky as a cuddle, but a huddling is so much more manly!

A great read, thanks!
spnMom chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
I really loved your story. I am a definite Hurt!Sam / Limp!Sam fan and you do that so well. I love the fact that I have never heard of your monster, but when I Google'd it, I found it. Thanks for researching first... Now, what are these auctions? How do I check it out? Are these the things I heard about where people can bid on authors writing them a story in a Genre they want? I would love to know more about them and I have no idea where to look. I spend all of my time in TV / Supernatural fan fiction.
ephiny63 chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Hey Darlin

first up doing a happy dance, yay a new story. AND wow what a story, perfect reading on a freezing cold, wet and windy afternoon! LOL We don't get snow here in Bendigo, the snow fields are about a 2 hour drive from here, but dang it can get freezing just as quickly!

Poor Sammy, though be interesting if you decide to add another chapter on to it ... no nagging or anything!

huggles Shelly
Manavie chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
Great story and LOVE it a a lot for sharing the story with us

Huge hug
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
Awesome fic, loved it
Annonie chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
This is a great story, especially love the title. I can never come up with creatives titles and such so I'm always in awe when one draws me in. I also love how you use the glawackus creature. I've never heard of that before so it was nice to learn about a new supernatural creature.
maxandkiz chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
Awesome story! Loved it! :)
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
I'm barefoot and all the doors are open to allow the breeze to come through the house, even as the sun sets, but your writing put me with the boys on that frigid mountainside, in the frosty Impala and (hm...not bad!) right there in that bed with them, trying to get Sam warm! Very nice work. Thanks!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
98 degrees outside, the air conditioner has died (of course I didn't get the warranty), sitting in the basement where at least it is cool, so what a nice treat to find a story from you and it is set in the winter.

Your description of the scene and Sam's fight with the glawackus was perfect.

Always love big brother Dean in action, his determination to get Sam to safety and tend to his wounds.

I had to smile at Dean's response to Sam's question about cuddling, no just huddling.

I enjoyed your story.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
Harrigan chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
I am *so* happy to find a completed fic here! And that you didn't just rescue Sam, but took us along on the fun journey back to safety and the motel and until he was out of danger, and almost up to staying awake for 15 minutes and showering!

Thanks!