Reviews for Ramblings of a Heartbreaking Jerk
guest chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
At the end of this, I was kind of expecting him to consider the H. Goddess.

Either way, I enjoyed the story and agree with much of Jack's musings on societal functioning.
Dionysus S chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Yes, you know how I love things like this. This was great-really awesome, I absolutely loved it. I feel the pain of the farmer (not that I've gone through it or anything, but I've seen it happen). His theories-you actually managed some humor into this that isn't absurd and makes sense. You got skills for that, man.

And his lil' crush makes me smile to myself. Good job yet again, man. Keep writing!

ASK
Tishie chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
This one really made my day. I had my heart broken once or twice already, usually because of this reason. Though, I didn't exactly cry or spread rumors or anything like that XD

It was extremely refreshing to hear the side of a guy this time, as to why he had to set the truth out.

Anyhow, I'd love to see more stories like this.. I am forever curious about the points of view of a male. As I am very interested in looking at both sides of a situation. You're amazing!
The Scarlet Sky chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
First of all, Chicken Yuki, I want to say that you are a guy with many talents. I normally tell you how great your sense of humor is (and yes, it is great) but this piece showed me a different side of your writing: one that I thoroughly enjoyed.

It's a topic many people don't write about-someone rejecting another simply because they weren't interested. There's no girl whose already stolen his heart or anything, he just doesn't return the feeling. And I think that's a pretty relateable scenario. Everyone, at some point, rambles like a heartbreaking jerk, and I definitely found it refreshing that this 'jerk' didn't already have his true love or even worry about finding her.

Candid, well-written, and poignant. Great job.